Holland America Cruisers -- How are things where YOU live?

CCHelp

I live in Massachusetts with my hubby. Our cases are rising daily and are close to 3000 a day. I stay in other than going to the grocery store every 2 weeks. My husband is working 2-3 days a week and does many of the errands. We are sad that we won't see our grandaughters for the holidays but it's hopefully for just this year. We are booked on a S Pacific cruise at the end of February 2022 on HA. I think it's likley to happen.

• 1 month later...

Here in Tennessee we are basically business as usual.  We don’t have much population in our state and except for Nashville or Memphis things are pretty spread out.  We went to Gatlinburg over New Years and watched fireworks, went to dinner show, hiked and ate out everyday.  We did our part in following the rules and had a great time.  If anyone needs a getaway in the USA may I suggest renting a cabin in the Smokies you can stay in if you want but you can get a change of scenery.  Hopefully cruising soon on Koningsdam this summer.  Hope all stay well and Happy New Year. 

3DE8527F-E4CF-4FB5-964D-47F2517F1903.jpeg

459482A5-C31F-4155-B88E-DA336FF1A02A.jpeg

2F7825B2-C796-429A-8E1D-7A148194268D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like a beautiful view. Here it's cold this morning it was -20 C about -5F next week the lock down ends & we can go skiing again come Tue. last time we skied was just before Xmas it'll be nice to get back out on the slopes.

DSC_0247.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

We opened on the 16 Feb and we are closing again on 1 Mar because our numbers are going up again. Got about seven days of good skiing in, I think after this they will not open again because the weather is getting warmer & the snow conditions will not be very good, any time will tell.

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010011.JPG

• 1 month later...

Life on the 'fringe' of Las Vegas is slowly returning to normal.  Vaccines are rolling out at a faster pace than expected but everyone is still masking up and social distancing.  As for Las Vegas proper, well - that's another story with more visitors showing up everyday and many from states where masks and social distancing is no longer required, often bringing the virus with them.  I'm all for helping the economy, but please do it safely.

Like everyone else, we're anxious to cruise after missing out on 2 cruises already. We have a HAL cruise scheduled for Dec 12 on the new 'Rotterdam' and our 2nd COVID-19 shot is scheduled for tomorrow so we will be ready. Even having the shot is no guarantee, so we'll still play by the rules and hope everyone else does as well.  Fingers crossed, we'll be at HMC soon.

Half Moon Cay - Bahamas.jpg

Half Moon Cay - Bahamas 1.12.19.jpg

As of mid night tonight we are in lock down again for 30 days. Case's are climbing & it's mostly the variant. The ICU's are filling up and this time it's the 30 & 40 year olds turn, people just do not want to listen. When will we learn??

We're doing well, have had our vaccinations for a little over a month.  The state is open except for a few jurisdictions that feel a need to do something.  Into the 70's today and higher tomorrow.  Next cruise purchased is in May 2022 - we've about given up on this year, since the CDC refuses to let cruises begin and if we did start, many countries will not receive us.  Time to take an auto trip.

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

New Zealand Prime Minister today announced opening of travel bubble with Australia.

Great news for both of you. Congratulations on the expanded freedom. 
Both countries, and their people, have worked very hard to get to this day, and you deserve the benefits. 

• Like 3

I got my first shot on 2/6 and the second on 2/27.  Now I have been going to stores a little more, early in the morning and wearing a mask.

I have been spending my time reorganizing my house.  Right now I am cleaning out my closet and moving the overflow to another closet in the basement.   This is the second time that I am doing this.  The first run was clearing out to donate.

Here in SW Florida just about everything is open without restrictions. At the same time, tere is a lot of covid in the community. Our local Hospital reported yesterday that they have a 23.7% positivity result of covid tests. That is a really high number, yet there are no resstrictions.

People living in blissful ignorance.

Here in the UK, we now thankfully have one of the lowest Covid rates in Europe.  Hospital admissions are now double digits and almost 50% of the adult population has received their 2nd vaccine.  I'm awaiting my 2nd vaccine.  Businesses and shops are now starting to open again for the first time in around 6 months - it's been a long haul but we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Still cant go overseas yet so will have yet another staycation in Scotland! Ironic isn't it that many people want to come to Scotland as part of their bucket list and those of us who live here want to get on a plane and get out of here! 🙂

Stay safe

3 hours ago, elmac40 said:

Still cant go overseas yet so will have yet another staycation in Scotland! Ironic isn't it that many people want to come to Scotland as part of their bucket list and those of us who live here want to get on a plane and get out of here! 🙂

So true: The grass is always greener on the other side.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:42 AM, RuthC said:

Great news for both of you. Congratulations on the expanded freedom. 
Both countries, and their people, have worked very hard to get to this day, and you deserve the benefits. 

Thanks. It will be hard work to keep it that way. This last week we've had a rush of OZ citizens returning from India, many COVID positive. The government has now banned all flights from India and have also closed a loophole which allowed some people to return via Doha. Anyone coming into Australia or New Zealand are quarantined 14 days - at their own expense.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Reporting from Alaska, we received good news that ships will be able to sail RT from Seattle into SE Alaska starting in July.  This means that ships will sail past Canada for the time being.  This is such good news for the SE coast which is dependent on cruise ship passengers.  Without these passengers it was unlikely they would survive another season.  Our COVID numbers are looking good? (if you can call it good).   We had 354 total deaths in the state as of yesterday.  Just about 39% of Alaskans are fully vaccinated and 45% have at least one dose.  The SE Alaska Covid numbers are extremely low.  60.7 percent of the total population of Juneau has received at least 1 dose of vaccine and 56.8 percent has completed the vaccine series.

• Like 1

This was Scotland last week on my staycation - when the sun shines in Scotland it's quite a nice place!! Also got my 2nd covid vaccine today - the vaccination programme here in the UK is certainly ramping up which is great news!DSC_2082.thumb.JPG.e6c66e839aca207d88a7b8f5611dfc41.JPGDSC_2088.thumb.JPG.cec3ec945078060941102bf179ee0b1f.JPGDSC_2258.thumb.JPG.287ee507933474f88da4205dd4bcc8c0.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 4:31 AM, Jim9310 said:

Hooray for New England!  Ten highest and lowest statewide vaccination rates, as of yesterday.

image.thumb.png.fe886299dfaad6da631bda2f0cb51db9.png

Alaska once was at the top; now we are at 38.77% which is weird that it is not on this list.  Fully vaccinated.