Holland America Cruisers -- How are things where YOU live?

CCHelp

On 2/25/2022 at 1:06 PM, oldmnguy said:

Good afternoon. I'm getting real tired of winter. -31 F Wed. last week, -31F yesterday and today. can't wait for  spring. Should have booked a Carrib. cruise. 

I think it is time to legislate against winters .Who agrees with me ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree. Law to outlaw winter I would support. Here in the Seattle area, through May 7, 2022, we have quadrupled our average rainfall for the first week of May. And we are about 5-10 degrees below normal for temperature.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think it is time to legislate against winters .Who agrees with me ?

Only if spring and summer are outlawed at the same time. That leaves fall---the best time of the year. Especially early fall from mid-September to late October. 

• Like 3

Just now, RuthC said:

Only if spring and summer are outlawed at the same time. That leaves fall---the best time of the year. Especially early fall from mid-September to late October. 

I prefer spring to fall .I like sunshine and 70 degree temperatures.The best part of summer is when there is daylight till nearly 9PM .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I prefer spring to fall .I like sunshine and 70 degree temperatures.The best part of summer is when there is daylight till nearly 9PM .

Spring where I live is rainy, and frequently a damp cold (temps in the 50s, when it's raining isn't nice at all). 
Fall, on the other hand, is sunny, dry, deep blue cloudless sky, with temps around 70º. You can understand why I prefer fall to spring. 
Summer is hot, humid, sticky, and you have to stay inside in the A/C to be comfortable. You can have it. 

• Like 1

We love all four seasons, we love to ski in the winter. Since we're both retired if it gets to miserable in the winter we stay inside. I agree fall is beautiful. 

5 hours ago, ski ww said:

We love all four seasons, we love to ski in the winter. Since we're both retired if it gets to miserable in the winter we stay inside. I agree fall is beautiful. 

If I lived in Ontario I would love all seasons .I have vacationed 17 times in Canada.If I was younger and healthier I would move there.I regret not doing it years ago.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We worked in Mesa Arizona (Boeing) til 1998. Too "dam" hot.

Moved to Hamilton Montana upon retirement. Winters bitter cold with blinding snowstorms, 20 below for days and weeks. Our dog (border collie/blue heeler) LOVED the freezing weather!

Moved to Coeur d'alene Idaho in 2003. Nearly perfect but still nasty, cold winters.

Moved to Georgetown, Texas in 2020. Long hot summer this year, but think we will stick to Texas!!

• 2 months later...

In Youngstown, OH, we have the first snow day of the year. It must be because of icy roads. One local school declared it a remote day; another is opening two hours late. Party-poopers! I think when the schools are closed, every parent of those school kids should automatically be excused from work. While they're excusing those workers, all the businesses should close. Essential workers should get double pay for braving the roads. There's a lot of stupid drivers around here when the first flake falls. (And I spent the first 28 years of my life in Florida.)

66344A67-7E04-45EA-964D-F80866856EA6.jpeg

• Like 1

If you're just putting your snow tires on now & just bringing out the snow shovels, you are very lucky. We've been blowing snow since Nov. Another storm last night & will have to blow more snow after breakfast, just heard the snow plow going down our street. Enjoy the rest of your winter.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a record low air temperature for today's date at -5ºF; first time below zero in five years. Wind chills were around -30ºF.
Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-40s, with above average temps all week. 
San Diego's 51ºF is sweater weather! 

• Like 1

+8C but windy and raining here.  Looks like the sun will be returning mid week... (think pacific north west climate if you're from US).  When it's so overcast I cannot see the mountains from my den as when it's clear.  Yes, I'm fortunate to live in one of the mildest climate areas of Canada.

Edited by greensprout

• 2 weeks later...