Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How are things where YOU are?

On 11/9/2020 at 11:43 PM, BirdTravels said:

COVID is up and spiking. Positivity rates are up. Mask compliance and plain 'ole common sense is down. It will be a long, cold winter. 

Our Governor estimates 92% of Ohio is wearing a mask and we are experiencing a surge.  Virus goin to Virus w/ or without the Covid condom on.  I wear mine, but I don't pretend like its stopping every 5-10 micrometer respiratory droplet.  

7 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Our Governor estimates 92% of Ohio is wearing a mask and we are experiencing a surge.  Virus goin to Virus w/ or without the Covid condom on.  I wear mine, but I don't pretend like its stopping every 5-10 micrometer respiratory droplet.  

So many young people not wearing masks and socialize. Then bring home to vulnerable family members.  Stay home!  Order in groceries and take out.  We can beat this.  Vaccines on the way. Then we can cruise again

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

So many young people not wearing masks and socialize. Then bring home to vulnerable family members.  Stay home!  Order in groceries and take out.  We can beat this.  Vaccines on the way. Then we can cruise again

Good.  Glad all those college kids are getting it.  One less host for the virus to spread to.  

8 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Good.  Glad all those college kids are getting it.  One less host for the virus to spread to.  

Many young peole are carrying the virus and don’t get it or get a mild case.  If you are over 50 hypertensive, obese or have medical issues, you might not be so lucky. 

those who are smokers and already have lung damage are also vulnerable to serious covid

Edited by Cruise a holic

Had a nice Thanksgiving with my son.  The Christmas decorations are finished except to put a tree out by the road.  A cold front came by yesterday and it is still too cold to want to do that today.  I hate cold weather.  There is going to be a lighted boat parade on Friday and a regular parade on Saturday.  I need to find warmer clothes for those events.  Resized_20201129_101032.thumb.jpeg.0e6cca3f30feba3109aca52298e98b91.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Had a nice Thanksgiving with my son.  The Christmas decorations are finished except to put a tree out by the road.  A cold front came by yesterday and it is still too cold to want to do that today.  I hate cold weather.  There is going to be a lighted boat parade on Friday and a regular parade on Saturday.  I need to find warmer clothes for those events.  Resized_20201129_101032.thumb.jpeg.0e6cca3f30feba3109aca52298e98b91.jpeg

Your mantle looks great 

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Your mantle looks great 

Thank you.  This is our first Christmas in this house so I have had to rethink my decorations.  This mantle is much larger then the one we had before so my houses just fit and it has plug ins on each end so I can finally light them.

I'm in CA in LA county. We are going on another shut down like we did in the beginning. A family friend's whole immediate family currently has it and he is now in the hospital (and this guy didn't appear to have any major health issues). 

I work for our local school district and they are trying to get us to come to work on a hybrid model soon.... I have a feeling they will make us sign waivers saying that we won't sue them if we get it. 

Edited by CatsinShow
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CatsinShow said:

I'm in CA in LA county. We are going on another shut down like we did in the beginning. A family friend's whole immediate family currently has it and he is now in the hospital (and this guy didn't appear to have any major health issues. 

I work for our local school district and they are trying to get us to come to work on a hybrid model soon.... I have a feeling they will make us sign waivers saying that we won't sue them if we get it. 

Thanks. Same up here in SF Bay Area. Shutdown starts on Monday. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, Keksie said:

Thank you.  This is our first Christmas in this house so I have had to rethink my decorations.  This mantle is much larger then the one we had before so my houses just fit and it has plug ins on each end so I can finally light them.

Oh Department  56 houses!  I went crazy in it's heyday back in the 90's and probably have over 100.  I'm in trouble when I downsize.  LOL

3 hours ago, mek said:

Oh Department  56 houses!  I went crazy in it's heyday back in the 90's and probably have over 100.  I'm in trouble when I downsize.  LOL

Actually they are the Wee craft houses that you paint.  I still have 1 more that I found and still have to paint.  

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our Governor is closing all restaurants for indoor dining effective Dec.14.

That is so sad.  So many business owners will not be able to come back.  We have been dining in restaurants since May.  I went to a wonderful Christmas party last night and tonight we are going to a drive through light display.

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That is so sad.  So many business owners will not be able to come back.  We have been dining in restaurants since May.  I went to a wonderful Christmas party last night and tonight we are going to a drive through light display.

We have not dined in a restaurant since Feb.8

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have not dined in a restaurant since Feb.8

We have been dining in since May at least once a week.  Our area could use more good, independent restaurants if any want to move to a more business friendly state.  

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have been dining in since May at least once a week.  Our area could use more good, independent restaurants if any want to move to a more business friendly state.  

So nobody you know has covid?  You are lucky (so far). Had you lost somebody to covid or work  in a health care facility, you might understand   human life is more important then dining out imo

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

So nobody you know has covid?  You are lucky (so far). Had you lost somebody to covid or work  in a health care facility, you might understand   human life is more important then dining out imo

I don't know anyone who has had Covid.  I have lost several people in my life (not to covid) so I know how precious life is. Dining out does not equal death.  As long as restaurants are open here I will support them and all the other small businesses that have been hurt so badly this year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Good idea.  We support restaurants by dining outdoors and ordering takebout

We have been doing takeout but have not dined outdoors because if a bathroom is needed we would have to go inside.

I have not been to a bathroom in a doctors office ,hospital or any place other than my home.

Just now, Keksie said:

I don't know anyone who has had Covid.  I have lost several people in my life (not to covid) so I know how precious life is. Dining out does not equal death.  As long as restaurants are open here I will support them and all the other small businesses that have been hurt so badly this year.

We agree.  I support our neighborhood shops.  Yesterday night we ordered a birthday dinner in from a local restaurant.  We ordered in advance, gave a generous tip, got to the restaurant to put the bag in our trunk.   Do the same for grocery delivery.  We try to be as generous with tipping as we can.  Fortunately, my DH is a professor and teaches on line.  So we have an income

We had a lovely evening with my son.  There is a local farm that won a "light fight" competition and is open for drive through this year.  The line was long to get in but it was fun and the lights were very spectacular with a station on the car radio specific to the farm.  Then we went to dinner.  I am so happy we live close enough to do things like this now.  There were too many years that we lived far apart and couldn't get together.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a lab for some blood work earlier today.There were signs stating that only 5 people were allowed in the waiting room.There were a lot more and a lab employee came to the area and asked the two people who arrived last to please wait in the hallway.They ignored her and she walked away.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve.  We went out to dinner last night.  Tonight we will cook salmon and tomorrow fajitas and cowboy caviar.  Have to get those black eyed peas in.  If it isn't raining all day tomorrow we may go to the beach.