Rebooked?

KennyFla

MSC policy in the FAQ is the FCC is issued 14 days after the sail date that is cancelled.  The FAQ asks to allow up to 60 days after the sail date for the refunds.  All cruise lines are protecting themselves from people trying to get lower prices after final payment.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Caribbean-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

You mention putting the reservation "on hold" so I don't know if you meant a deposit as MSC doesn't do courtesy holds.  If your sailing is still not in full payment and you are thinking about using the Flexible cancellation policy then it might be better to cancel and re-book, depending on your country's MSC cancellation policy.  MSC will not provide any way to use a FCC for the same sailing.

Edited by Até

3 minutes ago, Até said:

MSC policy in the FAQ is the FCC is issued 14 days after the sail date that is cancelled.  The FAQ asks to allow up to 60 days after the sail date for the refunds.  All cruise lines are protecting themselves from people trying to get lower prices after final payment.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/COVID-Caribbean-Cruise-Cancellation-FAQ.aspx

You mention putting the reservation "on hold" so I don't know if you meant a deposit as MSC doesn't do courtesy holds.  If your sailing is still not in full payment and you are thinking about using the Flexible cancellation policy then it might be better to cancel and re-book, depending on your country's MSC cancellation policy.  MSC will not provide any way to use a FCC for the same sailing.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my initial post.  I wish to use my FCC on a new cruise, and found some with great prices, and would like to reserve one before the price goes up.  But we are held "hostage" until we get the credit.  I am looking for a way around waiting 60 days to reserve a new cruise.

KennyFla, that’s is what I was hoping to do also, use my 125% FCC on a cruise I see and want to book. But still waiting for my credit. As my cruise was booked for March 29 it sounds like I have another 14 plus days to see if it shows up, I am presuming in an email. 

33 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my initial post.  I wish to use my FCC on a new cruise, and found some with great prices, and would like to reserve one before the price goes up.  But we are held "hostage" until we get the credit.  I am looking for a way around waiting 60 days to reserve a new cruise.

Is your new cruise in final payment?  Or is your new final payment within 14 days of your cancelled sailing?  If so, then yes MSC has your money tied up.  FCCs are issued 14 days after sailing's departure date under both MSC cancelled and customer cancelled under the Flexible Cruise Assurance policy.  I would not trust them to pay in full then issue a refund when trying to apply the FCC later.  I do think this lag is preventing new bookings, but feel MSC is doing it to prevent booking of the same cruise at a discount.

Edited by Até

2 minutes ago, Até said:

Is your new cruise in final payment?  If so, then yes MSC has your money tied up.  FCCs are issued 14 days after sailing's departure date under both MSC cancelled and customer cancelled under the Flexible Cruise Assurance policy.  I would not trust them to pay in full then issue a refund when trying to apply the FCC later.  I do think this lag is preventing new bookings, but feel MSC is doing it to prevent booking of the same cruise at a discount.

Having already been cancelled once, I think it is crappy that we can't get the same discounts that everybody just jumping in now is getting because of the lower demand, because we have to wait on our credit.  We are now getting screwed twice.

At least let us make a reservation against the credit and they can offset the two when they get back up and running.