Just got my luggage tags for a May cruise

Peachypooh

I don't get this prevailing thought they're not sailing.  How long do you think a business can survive without taking customers?  They'll be sailing in May, probably late April, it'll be up to you if you're going or not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cartman3132 said:

I don't get this prevailing thought they're not sailing.  How long do you think a business can survive without taking customers?  They'll be sailing in May, probably late April, it'll be up to you if you're going or not.

I highly doubt they are cruising out of any US port in late April; probably not May either.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cartman3132 said:

Well in my case it is a repositioning cruise that disembarks in NYC.  This is where they are sending at

least one hospital ship due to the coronavirus so I highly doubt they would be sending a hospital ship

if it is going to be there for only a short time.

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

We are booked for April 22, but we never did get luggage tags, even before all this virus stuff started.

You get tags if you are in a suite or tiny port (San Juan, Seattle). Are you in a Haven or Suite?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

I highly doubt they are cruising out of any US port in late April; probably not May either.

Based on what exactly?  The cruise industry is hemorrhaging billions of dollars every week and bailout money is only going so far.  To put it in perspective, if you weren't to get paid for 30 days how long would you be able to pay bills?  What about 60 days? 90 days?  At what point would you say screw it, I need to pay bills, and go back to work?  There's a limit to what everyone can take, including business, before they grin and bear it and accept what they can for money to stay afloat....no pun intended.

6 minutes ago, cartman3132 said:

Based on what exactly?  The cruise industry is hemorrhaging billions of dollars every week and bailout money is only going so far.  To put it in perspective, if you weren't to get paid for 30 days how long would you be able to pay bills?  What about 60 days? 90 days?  At what point would you say screw it, I need to pay bills, and go back to work?  There's a limit to what everyone can take, including business, before they grin and bear it and accept what they can for money to stay afloat....no pun intended.

Based on the fact that there are currently 15,000+ cases in NYC alone. Of course, most of the cases are clustered in large cities; most cruise ports are in large cities. If you were the Governor or Mayor of one of these cities would you want cruise ship traffic? I'm thinking no. The ports will not open up to that kind of foot traffic; some of these ships hold 6,000+ passengers and crew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cartman3132 said:

I have some stock in the Brooklyn Bridge, hit me up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

These thoughts that sailings are not going to start again relatively soon are just silly. Worst case scenario you are looking at a total of 90 days shut down, that means sailings late May and later are very likely to sail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cartman3132 said:

Boy, you couldn’t be more wrong just like the above poster noted. If you think it’s solely up to the cruise lines and the individual in regard to sailing soon you’re crazy. There are forces above like federal, foreign, and state governments that will tell them when they can ...... This is through port closures, lockdowns, and isolations. Where in the world can they go right now when the ones that were at sea couldn’t even get back? You can’t even fly to some places from others now without a 2 week quarantine. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

They are trying to convince people they are going and don’t want more self cancellations.

I think they did it because they WANT self cancellations rather then the NCL cancel and be forced to refund.

NCL sent me luggage tags and docs back in January for a May 17 cruise. Then find them in an email again today? This is a game of chicken with NCL. Will I cancel myself for FCC or wait till they cancel for refund.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I think they did it because they WANT self cancellations rather then the NCL cancel and be forced to refund.

NCL sent me luggage tags and docs back in January for a May 17 cruise. Then find them in an email again today? This is a game of chicken with NCL. Will I cancel myself for FCC or wait till they cancel for refund.

You are correct in fact ..... I misspoke .

51 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Boy, you couldn’t be more wrong just like the above poster noted. If you think it’s solely up to the cruise lines and the individual in regard to sailing soon you’re crazy. There are forces above like federal, foreign, and state governments that will tell them when they can ...... This is through port closures, lockdowns, and isolations. Where in the world can they go right now when the ones that were at sea couldn’t even get back? You can’t even fly to some places from others now without a 2 week quarantine. 

Considering the President just said yesterday the country is open for business again in the next few weeks so I'll guess we'll see whose the clown.  And they don't have to sail to islands, never said that. So if a port is closed, cruises to nowhere, people will go on those and the cruise lines need the money.

1 minute ago, cartman3132 said:

Considering the President just said yesterday the country is open for business again in the next few weeks so I'll guess we'll see whose the clown.  And they don't have to sail to islands, never said that. So if a port is closed, cruises to nowhere, people will go on those and the cruise lines need the money.

Did he say cruising was to be opened? Cruises to nowhere stopped in 2016 by law .......... So you have nothing at this point then. They have to go to a foreign port. Which one? Don't say "I don't know" because you seem to know everything. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Did he say cruising was to be opened? Cruises to nowhere stopped in 2016 by law .......... So you have nothing at this point then. They have to go to a foreign port. Which one? Don't say "I don't know" because you seem to know everything. 

No but he said cities and businesses (IE cruise ports are a business and would be included) would be back open which means if they don't follow federal order guess whose responsible for their own bailout after the drop dead date?  I'll give you a hint, I wouldn't want to be living there.  I didn't know about the cruise to nowhere law but you act like that law can't be reversed.  I seem to know everything, LOL, coming from the one whose guaranteeing no one will cruise through May.  You know just as much as I do, boy.

1 hour ago, Love my butler said:

With the mass media creating the hysteria and panic as they do, cruising won't be happening anytime soon.  The media made sure that cruise ships were the evil incarnate of the Chinese virus.  Those that think cruising will begin next month are simply delusional.

Welcome back. You had me worried when I saw you on another thread panicing that NCL was going bankrupt.  It seemed not to be you.  Now this assures us you are back in control 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cartman3132 said:

Oh boy, hope not. Totally crossing all my fingers for NCL to cancel my april 30 cruise...