The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

1 minute ago, Heidi13 said:

Hi Janet - I can't read the QR Code on my laptop, so not sure what info that contains. Since I don't have a cell phone, I have it saved on my laptop and will print when we get home.

I'm also expecting a few change with the flights between now and December.

Once our TA booked the flights, I noted the Business flights had doubled in cost. We are going to stay with Economy for now and check the upgrade price at the airport.

At this point there is fine balance between the desire to go on a cruise and managing all of the hurdles vs. jumping ship.

We used our passport to go out for dinner on Saturday with son, DIL and friends. It worked!  I also printed a copy and my son verified that it also worked with his QR reader.

41 minutes ago, Islandbc said:

At this point there is fine balance between the desire to go on a cruise and managing all of the hurdles vs. jumping ship.

We used our passport to go out for dinner on Saturday with son, DIL and friends. It worked!  I also printed a copy and my son verified that it also worked with his QR reader.

Janet - We have used them a few times up in Osoyoos, when wine/beer tasting with Ron & Alison and Deb & Munro. We showed our passports and they had their Provincial/State vaccine cards. No issues at any business.

We only go to a business that is checking passports. If they don't ask for them, we leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Janet - We have used them a few times up in Osoyoos, when wine/beer tasting with Ron & Alison and Deb & Munro. We showed our passports and they had their Provincial/State vaccine cards. No issues at any business.

We only go to a business that is checking passports. If they don't ask for them, we leave.

Usually this is more than enough. Last time I had to take two PCR tests just to leave the airport. Its insane how far the restrictions have gone. I hope we manage to overcome it soon

Sorry to talk business but I have a quick question about sailing in and out Long Beach CA -- and I really don't want to start a whole new thread about it. Hoping that one of the resident experts (aka Andy) can give a definitive answer without indulging in 2 pages of discussion.

Returning to Long Beach having just stopped in Mexico, do we have to go through the formality of showing our passports and clearing customs? 

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Sorry to talk business but I have a quick question about sailing in and out Long Beach CA -- and I really don't want to start a whole new thread about it. Hoping that one of the resident experts (aka Andy) can give a definitive answer without indulging in 2 pages of discussion.

Returning to Long Beach having just stopped in Mexico, do we have to go through the formality of showing our passports and clearing customs? 

Thanks.

It is very quick 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Thanks.

Every time we arrived in L/A, all pax had to go through Immigration with passports. All US & Canadians were quick, but other nationalities slowed the process, as they required finger prints & photos.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, Nippy Sweetie said:

We all need a seat in the virtual explorers lounge right now.

Along the same lines as this thread, here is a similar one over on the Royal Caribbean section. This thing MUST be at or near a record for the number of CC posts!!!  33,000 posts in over 1300 pages. Can't imagine the number of topics that have been discussed on this. I lost track a few hundred pages ago. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 9/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, Islandbc said:

Agree completely! Our next cruises aren't till March. Haven't been on one since November '19. Hopefully by next year things will be less of a hassle. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

The US is finally allowing (vaccinated) tourists again as of November 8. https://news.yahoo.com/covid-us-lift-travel-ban-132752053.html

Come on over!

Unfortunately it isn't all good news, as while opening the US to some travellers, it is also closing it to many fully vaccinated Canadians. Although the US land border is still closed, until 8/11/21, we can fly into the US, with only a negative COVID test. Effective 8/11/21, we must meet the US CDC definition of fully vaccinated, which eliminates a fair percentage of fully vaccinated Canadians and others throughout the World.

Even with a Govt issued digital COVID vaccine passport, showing I am fully vaccinated, I will be unable to enter the US, effective 8th November. Also applies to our son, who was vaccinated in Germany.

Because of this change, we had to cancel the Dec 4th Hawaii cruise.

5 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Unfortunately it isn't all good news, as while opening the US to some travellers, it is also closing it to many fully vaccinated Canadians. Although the US land border is still closed, until 8/11/21, we can fly into the US, with only a negative COVID test. Effective 8/11/21, we must meet the US CDC definition of fully vaccinated, which eliminates a fair percentage of fully vaccinated Canadians and others throughout the World.

Even with a Govt issued digital COVID vaccine passport, showing I am fully vaccinated, I will be unable to enter the US, effective 8th November. Also applies to our son, who was vaccinated in Germany.

Sorry to hear.   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Sorry to hear.   

Thanks Clay - we were definitely looking forward to a couple of weeks of sunshine to break up the West Coast gloom. Perfect timing, as we will use the FCV's for the Neptune's Trans-Atlantic😁

• Like 1

According to CNN, the CDC has informed airlines that the U.S. will accept people who have been fully vaccinated with any of the vaccines approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization, not just the vaccines approved for use in the U.S.  This includes the AstraZeneca vaccine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Gack. How are you eliminated? My understanding is that the US will accept WHO-approved vaccines, not just CDC-approved. 

From the Wall Street Journal: 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention previously told airlines that the vaccines that have been authorized or approved by the Food and Drug Administration or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization will meet the criteria for travel to the U.S. 

That would include the Pfizer Inc. - BioNTechSE, Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnsonvaccines that are in use in the U.S., the Oxford– AstraZeneca vaccine and China’s Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines. Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine hasn’t yet been authorized or approved by the FDA or WHO.

Edited by Twitchly

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Gack. How are you eliminated? My understanding is that the US will accept WHO-approved vaccines, not just CDC-approved. 

From the Wall Street Journal: 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention previously told airlines that the vaccines that have been authorized or approved by the Food and Drug Administration or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization will meet the criteria for travel to the U.S. 

That would include the Pfizer Inc. - BioNTechSE, Moderna Inc. and Johnson & Johnsonvaccines that are in use in the U.S., the Oxford– AstraZeneca vaccine and China’s Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccines. Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine hasn’t yet been authorized or approved by the FDA or WHO.

At present they don't accept mixed vaccines, which many Canadians and others throughout the World have. Personally, I have AZ/Moderna and the latest data show the immune response is as good, if not better than 2 Moderna.

3 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

At present they don't accept mixed vaccines, which many Canadians and others throughout the World have. Personally, I have AZ/Moderna and the latest data show the immune response is as good, if not better than 2 Moderna.

Not to mention your natural immunity having been exposed to just about everything out there during your years at sea.   😳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

All this yakety yak about covid is enough to make one drink.  Can one get a drink here in Explorer's any more???🍸

Haha!! Trying to decide if I should head up to Explorer's for a libation, or jump in the car with my Growler and head to Whistler Brewing for a refill. Darn Growler seems to have developed a serious leak, filled 'er up yesterday with Chocolate Milk, but this morning it was empty.😞

I'm thinking a moderately spiced Bloody Mary, with an IPA is the perfect combination.🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

once I get on the ship november 16th  I am heading up there and immediately working on the cocktail list.  I will miss the WC bartender  HONEY  Bunny's  outstanding espresso infused martini!!!!   that was an ultimate cruise expereince! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Looks like that is changing. Can you get your room back?

8E55E6B0-60F6-499D-8DD4-D733A40A6A30.jpeg

• Like 2