Refunds Request Tracking

haolenate

Greetings,

I figured this might be easier for us to start tracking when we get our refunds.  

I am building a Google Spreadsheet that you can use to input your information and we can get an idea of what to expect.    Right now, NCL is saying "90 days" to process, but I'm hopeful and praying its not that, especially for people, like me, who were to cruise this past week.  I'm also hopeful that with enough people's information public, we can get NCL to "speed up" the process if it truely IS 90 days.

Here is the document if you wish to participate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CZpuhe_oCuJ7j4Dair4zwP56M-WIpFxYbc4EjwJ2FQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by haolenate
fix link
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I wish the CC forums were like some other boards where we can make a sticky/wiki type page that we can update... 😕  figured a spreadsheet is easier.

Will be curious to see how quickly some of us get refunds.

• Like 1

Awesome idea haolenate !!

so much easier to keep everything in one place than trying to find posts here as vinotinto suggested

( I make spreadsheets for a cruise for the same reason.  Keep it All in one place 

you just need to keep adding the link for the same reason to stop the need to trying to find it)

our cruise is May 15

so I also agree with vinotinto that it should be cancelled cruises on the sheet

we have cancelled everything ...but the cruise ...as we’re waiting in hope that Ncl cancelled it before the need for us to do fcc

So I will add our details later 

Edited by jannandjohn
  • Like 1

Is anyone else as upset and disgusted with NCL for refusing to refund the full price you paid including the travel protection?  This is not an insurance payout.  There is no provision in the travel protection document that mentions the cruise line canceling the sailing.  I stand to lose nearly a thousand dollars and I am livid.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Phifle said:

Is anyone else as upset and disgusted with NCL for refusing to refund the full price you paid including the travel protection?  This is not an insurance payout.  There is no provision in the travel protection document that mentions the cruise line canceling the sailing.  I stand to lose nearly a thousand dollars and I am livid.

Just curious and this is not directed to you...... but has anyone spoken to a consumer protection lawyer to see if NCL is doing things legally....  I'm sure NCL's legal team has looked over their policy from every angle......  it's just that everyone is complaining but I haven't read one post that said they actually made phones calls to anyone except NCL PCCs

Edited by esm54687

1 hour ago, haolenate said:

Greetings,

I figured this might be easier for us to start tracking when we get our refunds.  

I am building a Google Spreadsheet that you can use to input your information and we can get an idea of what to expect.    Right now, NCL is saying "90 days" to process, but I'm hopeful and praying its not that, especially for people, like me, who were to cruise this past week.  I'm also hopeful that with enough people's information public, we can get NCL to "speed up" the process if it truely IS 90 days.

Here is the document if you wish to participate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17CZpuhe_oCuJ7j4Dair4zwP56M-WIpFxYbc4EjwJ2FQ/edit?usp=sharing

This is fantastic, so much easier than digging through a long thread of unrelated responses. Thanks for putting it together!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, esm54687 said:

Just curious and this is not directed to you...... but has anyone spoken to a consumer protection lawyer to see if NCL is doing things legally....  I'm sure NCL's legal team has looked over their policy from every angle......  it's just that everyone is complaining but I haven't read one post that said they actually made phones calls to anyone except NCL PCCs

My 3rd party insurance won't be refunded if my May cruise is cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

My 3rd party insurance won't be refunded if my May cruise is cancelled. 

Well, that makes sense because you have insurance up to the time the cruise was cancelled...... like right now you have insurance..   You didn't clarify if it was for any post departure coverage such as evacuation, medical treatment, death etc  - in that case I would not be pleased because you no longer are getting the services you purchased (coverage) 

5 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Well, that makes sense because you have insurance up to the time the cruise was cancelled...... like right now you have insurance..   You didn't clarify if it was for any post departure coverage such as evacuation, medical treatment, death etc  - in that case I would not be pleased because you no longer are getting the services you purchased (coverage) 

I purchased my insurance from NCL. They are partnered with an insurance company I will not name. It is a comprehensive policy covering everything you mentioned, not just cancelation by the consumer. I am not getting services I paid for and should be compensated. 
I am hoping to build enough interest from others in the same situation to hopefully shame the corporation into doing the right thing. Any legal action would undoubtedly turn into a class action at which point the only winners would be the attorneys. They’ll get millions and we’ll get $1.49. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phifle said:

I purchased my insurance from NCL. They are partnered with an insurance company I will not name. It is a comprehensive policy covering everything you mentioned, not just cancelation by the consumer. I am not getting services I paid for and should be compensated. 
I am hoping to build enough interest from others in the same situation to hopefully shame the corporation into doing the right thing. Any legal action would undoubtedly turn into a class action at which point the only winners would be the attorneys. They’ll get millions and we’ll get $1.49. 

It's a $1.49 more than you have now

• 1 month later...

I canceled our refund request with NCL for our canceled Epic Southern Caribbean Cruise out of San Juan, P.R. from March 22- April 1, 2020. Decided to take the 125% FCC. With the NCL Memorial Day Flash Sale going on now, we rebooked a similar 7-Day Epic Southern Caribbean in March 2021, got an additional 20% off our fare, and $600 OBC. Still had some FCC left  to put toward another 7-Day Cruise out of New Orleans in December 2020.

7 minutes ago, morrisretired said:

I canceled our refund request with NCL for our canceled Epic Southern Caribbean Cruise out of San Juan, P.R. from March 22- April 1, 2020. Decided to take the 125% FCC. With the NCL Memorial Day Flash Sale going on now, we rebooked a similar 7-Day Epic Southern Caribbean in March 2021, got an additional 20% off our fare, and $600 OBC. Still had some FCC left  to put toward another 7-Day Cruise out of New Orleans in December 2020.

i think i might cancel my dispute request as well since the missing fcc's showed up in my account mysteriously 14 days after it was supposed to and my bank is now telling me 90 days.  smh  

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 6:30 PM, Phifle said:

Why would they? NCL is not an insurance company. NCL used the money you gave them to purchase a Nationwide policy on your behalf. That policy with Nationwide is still active for loss claims. NCL didn't get their money back from the insurance company. So, there is nothing to give back to you. 

You should be happy that NCL willing to give you a FCC for the amount of the insurance. Other than good will, they had no reason to do that. 

• Thanks 1

It’s been 60 days since I requested a refund. Haven’t seen a penny yet, so I am far from happy. And if you think NCL simply forwarded that travel protection payment to an insurance company you’d better read your contract of cartage carefully. 

should there be a 'disputed with credit card' column to track who disputed and got money back? I got my refund in full using disputes with AMEX and Chase Visa.

Just today Chase VISA made my dispute credit permanent. AMEX had done the same a few weeks back. But NCL still hasn't responded to either the credit cards or myself. Unbelievable, how a company can steal in daylight and not be held accountable.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, mnsweeps said:

should there be a 'disputed with credit card' column to track who disputed and got money back? I got my refund in full using disputes with AMEX and Chase Visa.

Just today Chase VISA made my dispute credit permanent. AMEX had done the same a few weeks back. But NCL still hasn't responded to either the credit cards or myself. Unbelievable, how a company can steal in daylight and not be held accountable.

My CC told me NCL has until next Monday to respond, which they haven't yet...hope I win on Monday. Great to know someone already won the dispute.