RC Cruises extends global suspension until May 12th, for now.

Just now, Kteacher said:

I just saw this as well. I was expecting this, now just have to cancel flights and pre and post cruise hotels. 

I have had to pool 2 sets of flights over the last few days. Both airlines have waved their change fees, and pooled my funds for further flights. Hopefully it will work as easily for you. 

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have had to pool 2 sets of flights over the last few days. Both airlines have waved their change fees, and pooled my funds for further flights. Hopefully it will work as easily for you. 

It gets a little trickier for us. We can only travel during school vacations. If I cancel the flights now they credit from the airline will expire before April school vacation 2021. Winter breaks are out as my husband does snow plowing from November -March. I always buy travel insurance, but of course pandemic is one of the exclusions 😐. Of course being April school vacation week the flights we purchased back in September were $$$$$.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

It gets a little trickier for us. We can only travel during school vacations. If I cancel the flights now they credit from the airline will expire before April school vacation 2021. Winter breaks are out as my husband does snow plowing from November -March. I always buy travel insurance, but of course pandemic is one of the exclusions 😐. Of course being April school vacation week the flights we purchased back in September were $$$$$.

Travel using American Airlines credit has to begin no later than Dec. 31, 2020 - or 1 year from when one purchased airfare...whichever comes first. If your flights for this trip were purchased in September 2019, you'd have to begin another trip before they expire in September 2020. Other airlines might have different rules.

Edited by NancyIL

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

Travel using American Airlines credit has to begin no later than Dec. 31, 2020 - or 1 year from when one purchased airfare...whichever comes first.

We are on Jetblue. They have waived cancellation and change fees, but their policy states the flight credit has to be used by one year from date of issue.

4 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

We are on Jetblue. They have waived cancellation and change fees, but their policy states the flight credit has to be used by one year from date of issue.

Jetblue has waived cancellation and change fees for flights purchased in a specific window and for flights through April 30th.  Our flights were purchased 10 days before the window and are for flights starting on May 1st.  We do not fall under either of their waivers as of now.

18 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

American's policy is the earlier of one year from when the ticket was issued or Dec. 31. 2020 - not when the credit was issued. Jet Blue's meaning of "date of issue" is unclear.

Jet Blue: https://www.jetblue.com/travel-alerts

Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are waiving change/cancel fees for customers traveling through May 31, 2020.

Customers may rebook their flights for travel through October 24, 2020 online in the Manage Trips section of jetblue.com or contact us prior to the departure time of their originally scheduled flight. Fare difference may apply. For cancellations, funds will be issued as a JetBlue Travel Bank Credit, valid for one year from date of issuance. JetBlue Vacations bookings will be issued as JetBlue Vacations Credit, valid for one year from the date of issuance.

Edited by NancyIL

Still hoping our Alaska cruise will happen in July. But Seattle port is closed, state under stay in place order. Both my daughters and their husbands have been laid off. My sister and her husband lost their jobs, today. All live in Seattle.

Feel Alaska will close their ports.

We just have to have faith all will improve.

• Like 2