RC Cruises extends global suspension until May 12th, for now.

46 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

You're welcome. Yes, you need to cancel your flight before you can request a refund. AA's web site  says not to worry - that you won't lose the value of your cancelled  ticket. Just make sure the travel date of the ticket you cancel is within the dates American is waiving change fees.

Since you already applied for a refund - go back to the refund page and fill in your ticket number in the blue "Check Your Refund Status" box.

Looks like I hadn’t actually cancelled before.  I can see them actually denying our request bc we technically hadn’t cancelled just yet. I went back and followed your steps.  I received a cancellation email this time.  It says, “Don’t worry, the value of your ticket is safe. If you're not traveling soon, there's no need to call Reservations right now.”  r  Then I did step 2.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, atgood said:

Looks like I hadn’t actually cancelled before.  I can see them actually denying our request bc we technically hadn’t cancelled just yet. I went back and followed your steps.  I received a cancellation email this time.  It says, “Don’t worry, the value of your ticket is safe. If you're not traveling soon, there's no need to call Reservations right now.”  r  Then I did step 2.  Fingers crossed.

Good luck! In the next few days, go back to the Refunds page to check the status of your refund request. 

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

The cancel notice gives you a spot to click on and fill out a form which says you waive the 125% FCC and want 100% cash back.

Oh ok, that’s what my insurance company told me they do as well (if I’m automatically given a credit by the airline and don’t want it, the insurance company gives us a waiver form where we decline the credit in lieu of a cash refund from insurance).

On 3/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, NancyIL said:

Good luck! In the next few days, go back to the Refunds page to check the status of your refund request. 

The status of our refund changed this morning from “Under Review” to “Issued to credit card ....”.  Thanks again for your guidance.  

Now.   If we could be so lucky with United. 

14 minutes ago, atgood said:

The status of our refund changed this morning from “Under Review” to “Issued to credit card ....”.  Thanks again for your guidance.  

Now.   If we could be so lucky with United. 

You're welcome - and good luck with United!

After the news this AM, I don’t think cruises will resume for the next 8 to 12 months.  The rate of infection doesn’t seem to have slowed.  Miami still has some tough times ahead.  I don’t believe that Texas is near finished and there is not much distance between Houston and Galveston.   

Anyone know the answer to this? 

I was booked on an April sailing that was canceled. If I take the 125% FCC and rebook a cruise for say, July, is that still covered by the "Cruise with Confidence" program? It should be, right? I'm not booking another cruise now unless I have the option to cancel up to 48 hours out if my 75 year old mother is going to be at risk. 

3 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Anyone know the answer to this? 

I was booked on an April sailing that was canceled. If I take the 125% FCC and rebook a cruise for say, July, is that still covered by the "Cruise with Confidence" program? It should be, right? I'm not booking another cruise now unless I have the option to cancel up to 48 hours out if my 75 year old mother is going to be at risk. 

It has to set sail by July 31.

2 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

It has to set sail by July 31.

Yes, we would book something sailing before then, just wanted to make sure it was still considered a new booking. I didn't see any reason it wouldn't, but wanted to make sure. Thanks. 

Edited by Evilgrin72

Looks like the Canadians are the most realistic at the moment with their aimed reopening of their ports in July, I guess we will not see any cruises globally before July at best as it seems currently. Let's hope to get at least a partial summer cruising season.