Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
A&L_Ont

RC Cruises extends global suspension until May 12th, for now.

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Anthem has to go over for the dry dock anyway, so she'll likely be there.

And Allure is already there. If the ports reopen, they’ll run the cruises. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

 

You're welcome. Yes, you need to cancel your flight before you can request a refund. AA's web site  says not to worry - that you won't lose the value of your cancelled  ticket. Just make sure the travel date of the ticket you cancel is within the dates American is waiving change fees.

 

Since you already applied for a refund - go back to the refund page and fill in your ticket number in the blue "Check Your Refund Status" box.

Looks like I hadn’t actually cancelled before.  I can see them actually denying our request bc we technically hadn’t cancelled just yet. I went back and followed your steps.  I received a cancellation email this time.  It says, “Don’t worry, the value of your ticket is safe. If you're not traveling soon, there's no need to call Reservations right now.”  r  Then I did step 2.  Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, atgood said:

Looks like I hadn’t actually cancelled before.  I can see them actually denying our request bc we technically hadn’t cancelled just yet. I went back and followed your steps.  I received a cancellation email this time.  It says, “Don’t worry, the value of your ticket is safe. If you're not traveling soon, there's no need to call Reservations right now.”  r  Then I did step 2.  Fingers crossed.

 

Good luck! In the next few days, go back to the Refunds page to check the status of your refund request. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mugtech said:

The cancel notice gives you a spot to click on and fill out a form which says you waive the 125% FCC and want 100% cash back.

Oh ok, that’s what my insurance company told me they do as well (if I’m automatically given a credit by the airline and don’t want it, the insurance company gives us a waiver form where we decline the credit in lieu of a cash refund from insurance).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, NancyIL said:

 

Good luck! In the next few days, go back to the Refunds page to check the status of your refund request. 

The status of our refund changed this morning from “Under Review” to “Issued to credit card ....”.  Thanks again for your guidance.  
 

Now.   If we could be so lucky with United. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, atgood said:

The status of our refund changed this morning from “Under Review” to “Issued to credit card ....”.  Thanks again for your guidance.  
 

Now.   If we could be so lucky with United. 

 

You're welcome - and good luck with United!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NancyIL said:

 

You're welcome - and good luck with United!

My husband’s $1200 ticket has been refunded to our credit card. You rock NancyIL! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

My husband’s $1200 ticket has been refunded to our credit card. You rock NancyIL! 

 

Wonderful! Thanks for your kind words! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the news this AM, I don’t think cruises will resume for the next 8 to 12 months.  The rate of infection doesn’t seem to have slowed.  Miami still has some tough times ahead.  I don’t believe that Texas is near finished and there is not much distance between Houston and Galveston.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

The rate of infection doesn’t seem to have slowed.

The US chart will likely look that the one from S Korea (with dates shifted to the right by a month and scaled up)

 

image.thumb.png.d830db5ca0971d53ac7791859fde6fc5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the answer to this? 

 

I was booked on an April sailing that was canceled. If I take the 125% FCC and rebook a cruise for say, July, is that still covered by the "Cruise with Confidence" program? It should be, right? I'm not booking another cruise now unless I have the option to cancel up to 48 hours out if my 75 year old mother is going to be at risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Anyone know the answer to this? 

 

I was booked on an April sailing that was canceled. If I take the 125% FCC and rebook a cruise for say, July, is that still covered by the "Cruise with Confidence" program? It should be, right? I'm not booking another cruise now unless I have the option to cancel up to 48 hours out if my 75 year old mother is going to be at risk. 

It has to set sail by July 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

It has to set sail by July 31.

Yes, we would book something sailing before then, just wanted to make sure it was still considered a new booking. I didn't see any reason it wouldn't, but wanted to make sure. Thanks. 

Edited by Evilgrin72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Canadians are the most realistic at the moment with their aimed reopening of their ports in July, I guess we will not see any cruises globally before July at best as it seems currently. Let's hope to get at least a partial summer cruising season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...