Lockdown survival tips....

well, we were due to board Voyager today for our cruise. I cancelled my leave & worked from home today. I am having my first beer for the 'cruise' right now. 

DW & I plan to enjoy our 10N cruise to nowhere, in fact in our house, as best we can, including celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday, at home instead of in Vila 🙂

Cheers, and keep safe!

23 minutes ago, mr walker said:

well, we were due to board Voyager today for our cruise. I cancelled my leave & worked from home today. I am having my first beer for the 'cruise' right now. 

DW & I plan to enjoy our 10N cruise to nowhere, in fact in our house, as best we can, including celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary on Saturday, at home instead of in Vila 🙂

Cheers, and keep safe!

Happy Wedding Anniversary.  Cancellation was a smart move.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Cheers, and keep safe!

Happy anniversary. Get out your photos from previous cruises and re-live the magic. All the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Cheers, and keep safe!

Congrats, didn't think you two were that old, must have been married at 10?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Ring of fire 

Love it. 💖Saw him with June Carter, Carter family, Karl Perkins, Stattler Bros in Manchester UK in the 70's, then here in Perth in the 90's in the Highwaymen - and Kris Kristofferson told the tale of how June had made him (Kris) a wealthy man by showing John the song and then recording it. They both sang it together at the show. Memories ahhh.

Ring of fire was good as well 😜

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

Cheers, and keep safe!

Happy anniversary - we'll all have a drink on Saturday for you, and shout cheers. Of all the anniversaries down the track - you'll never forget this one. 

• Like 1

Lock down survival tips, well we kicked around some recipes, talked some politics (I got scolded) moved on to pensions and now we are in music. Good way to get through lock down. Even before this pandemic I would get on you tube and just randomly choose tracks of old videos some songs well known to me others not so much. If I like it I let it play, if not...next. Whatever you like it's on there and maybe try someone or something you never heard of. Music soothes the soul

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Happy anniversary. Get out your photos from previous cruises and re-live the magic. All the best.

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Congrats, didn't think you two were that old, must have been married at 10?

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy Wedding Anniversary.  Cancellation was a smart move.

12 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

Happy anniversary - we'll all have a drink on Saturday for you, and shout cheers. Of all the anniversaries down the track - you'll never forget this one. 

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Yes, we will surely remember the 2020 anniversary!! Anyway, we can now look forward to the 40th anniversary next April on Solstice 🙂

Mic, Tracey appreciated that you thought she must be so young 🙂 Sadly, we have had to cancel her big (60th sshhh) birthday bash on 2nd May. Even had to cancel the special cake - the two of us can hardly eat a cake that was to be for 50 people. I have a nice credit with the cake shop.

Yes, we will 'share' a drink on Saturday with you all.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Yes, we will surely remember the 2020 anniversary!! Anyway, we can now look forward to the 40th anniversary next April on Solstice 🙂

Mic, Tracey appreciated that you thought she must be so young 🙂 Sadly, we have had to cancel her big (60th sshhh) birthday bash on 2nd May. Even had to cancel the special cake - the two of us can hardly eat a cake that was to be for 50 people. I have a nice credit with the cake shop.

Stay safe.

A shame about Tracey's birthday bash, it is such a bummer having to cancel anything and everything.

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Even before this pandemic I would get on you tube and just randomly choose tracks of old videos some songs well known to me others not so much. If I like it I let it play, if not...next. Whatever you like it's on there and maybe try someone or something you never heard of. Music soothes the soul

Likewise. I do have a few "go to" tunes on you tube . Heard it on the Grapevine - Creedence CWR, Kashmir - Led Zeppelin, Hotel California- The Eagles and Ravel's Bolero (Andre Rieu).

26 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Likewise. I do have a few "go to" tunes on you tube . Heard it on the Grapevine - Creedence CWR, Kashmir - Led Zeppelin, Hotel California- The Eagles and Ravel's Bolero (Andre Rieu).

I like listening to Bolero while watching ten.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

A shame about Tracey's birthday bash, it is such a bummer having to cancel anything and everything.

2020 looks to be the 'Year of the Cancellation' . So no 39th Anniversary cruise, no Tracey's 60th, no my brother's 60th in Sunny Coast ( we had 10 days booked up there in July - all cancelled now), looking likely no Cruisin' Country Cruise on Serenade in Oct, maybe no our son's 30th in Nov.

Oh well looks like we will be making up for it in 2021!!!!!

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

2020 looks to be the 'Year of the Cancellation' . So no 39th Anniversary cruise, no Tracey's 60th, no my brother's 60th in Sunny Coast ( we had 10 days booked up there in July - all cancelled now), looking likely no Cruisin' Country Cruise on Serenade in Oct, maybe no our son's 30th in Nov.

Ye, we have had birthdays, weddings, conventions easter egg hunts, etc all cancelled, let alone or own travels both domestically and abroad.

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Stay safe.

Happy anniversary.

Could you not arrange a mini-cake as a surprise for your wife's birthday? Some cake suppliers make them in all sorts of sizes, from tiny to huge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Happy anniversary.

Could you not arrange a mini-cake as a surprise for your wife's birthday? Some cake suppliers make them in all sorts of sizes, from tiny to huge.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

And the cake - that's a great suggestion, thanks. I will get her a scaled down cake, just for the 2 of us 🙂

• Like 2

Looks like my mother's 100th birthday party  in September will not go ahead. In a quandary as to whether we should start planning or not.

DH had consultation with urologist over the phone today and organised another for six months time so he thinks things won't have changed.

Pam

14 hours ago, mr walker said:

Yes, 2021 better be a good year!  In April my daughters were going to Europe for a wedding in Germany, then Eurovision in Holland, then catch up with friends in France.  It is funny how we meet people who become valued friends in life.  My daughter did farm service to get an extra year on her friend's Canadian visa.  The German girl who used to work there became part of the family.  My girls lived with the French couple in a 5 bedroom share house for the ski season in Quebec.  My daughter is now planning BIG birthday celebrations in Dec/Jan, so hopefully it will be all over by then.  She has always wanted to attend Sundance film festival. 

Overseas friends - I met my NY friend and family through the Parker Pen Pavilion at the World Fair in NY.  People from all over the world could write for pen friends.  Did anyone else get a pen friend that way?  My Boston friend, we met in Japan in a recreated original Japanese house (? Black Rain movie).  My Manhattan friend its really my daughter's friend - they met working together in London.  And the list goes on!

4 hours ago, valantine80 said:

Looks like my mother's 100th birthday party  in September will not go ahead. In a quandary as to whether we should start planning or not.

DH had consultation with urologist over the phone today and organised another for six months time so he thinks things won't have changed.

Pam

Pam - I wouldn't plan a party,  However, you could have a phone/internet hook up in your back pocket. 100 what a grand age!

The 50 Library Books from the GC Library, automatic membership renewal and "Don't bring books back until we reopen" were all clues.  I seem to recall thinking about self isolation a fortnight was mentioned!