Cruise Critic Community
mkerner

Viking Venus - What is the status of her build?

Every time I click on this Venus update I think I may get some new information on her status.  Seems to have drifted off topic.  As we live in the UK  I have no idea what the recent posters are talking about.  Shame there is no more news on Venus as we have 3 cruises booked on her in 2021.  

11 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

It is that unexpected, unplanned moment that show the genius of the man.

Right...so quick. Robin Williams had the same sort of gift, used in a different way. A master of improv...that one. 

It seems like Viking and Fincantieri have successfully imposed a cap on  information. The last I've seen is the celebration of the mid-June float out of the ship.

It is perhaps worthwhile to note that the Fincantieri Ancona shipyard has been affected by several walk outs and work stoppages over the failure to implement appropriate safety standards. One stop was as recent as last week

https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/ancona/cronaca/coronavirus-fincantieri-covid-1.5582339

6 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

Every time I click on this Venus update I think I may get some new information on her status.  Seems to have drifted off topic.  As we live in the UK  I have no idea what the recent posters are talking about.  Shame there is no more news on Venus as we have 3 cruises booked on her in 2021.  

Sadly, when there is nothing really to say, threads tend to drift a bit. However, the drift has an upside, small though it might be: it keeps the thread near the top of the pile.

Also, sadly, we won't be seeing much in the way of updates because Viking only announces things like keel-layings and float outs -- good stuff. The rest we tend to find out by reading between the lines.

If there is any information coming from Viking it will be in the form of e-mails sent only to those who are effected by the change -- or it may appear as an unannounced change on MVJ.

19 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

an unannounced change on MVJ.

speaking of which....I haven't been able to access anything on there - will try again today. 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, kcpvwill said:

Shame there is no more news on Venus as we have 3 cruises booked on her in 2021.  

We have two - both in January - so that's a big part of the concern on this and a few other threads for those who are scheduled on either the invitational cruise or the Iberian Explorer. 

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

speaking of which....I haven't been able to access anything on there - will try again today. 

It's working. I got updated to the new version a few weeks ago. It does seem to take a little while to get past the spinner. 

Edited by CharTrav