Princess Cay or Half Moon?

glentally

Always loved Hal Moon and if you have a sunny day it is very good and most will vote for HMC,  went to Princess Cay in January and really enjoy it very much.   Off the tender I went right while almost everyone went left and had a bar, lunch spot, no crowds, shade, and beach with no rocks and it is close to gate where you can leave the compound and there are shops and a bar where you can get local Kalik beer for $4.  I have been to HMC probably 5 times so for me it was nice to experience something different and Princess Cay was beautiful.  Either one you choose you can't go wrong.

• Like 2

HMC much nicer IMO.  We haven't been there in years (since Carnival Miracle in 2009) but I always remember it as the nicest beach of any cruise line's private island.    Princess Cays is a very rocky beach.  I brought water shoes on Regal Princess in Feb and forgot them on the ship.  And I wasn't going through tendering again to get them.  If we skipped PC on a cruise I wouldn't care.  

They are both fairly similar in the experience. You will get off on a tender, and ride to shore for a private beach at no charge. You will also be provided lunch at no cost.

Half Moon has the better beach. It is a beautiful place. However the difference isn't AS BIG as the internet makes it sound, in my opinion. Some people really enjoy the other shopping and restaurants at Princess. Princess has some decent snorkeling available.

Edited by Joebucks

I have been to both. I LOVED HMC and it was one of my top ports. However, after going to Princess Cay, I liked it better. HMC has really built up a lot and found it not to be as "secluded" as it use to be. When you get off the tender at Princess cay, go right and you have a secluded beach and bar. It was not a rocky beach either. If I had a choice, I would pick Princess cay now.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:44 AM, glentally said:

Thinking about booking the Liberty.  One cruise goes to Princess cay and the other Half Moon.  It appears both are Carnival private islands?  Is one better than the other and why?

It depends on what you consider better/what you want.

Secluded feel (go to the right), rocky beach good for snorkeling: Princess Cay

Powder soft beaches, crystal clear water: Half Moon

Have been to both and would be happy to return to either one. I liked HMC better but I haven't been to either one in many years. I know HMC has been built up  A LOT since I was there so maybe I wouldn't like it has much. You can't beat that baby powder soft sand at HMC though.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:33 AM, Joebucks said:

They are both fairly similar in the experience. You will get off on a tender, and ride to shore for a private beach at no charge. You will also be provided lunch at no cost.

Half Moon has the better beach. It is a beautiful place. However the difference isn't AS BIG as the internet makes it sound, in my opinion. Some people really enjoy the other shopping and restaurants at Princess. Princess has some decent snorkeling availabl