March 25, 2020 Oceania Update

bbtondo

"We will plan to recommence and operate with embarkations beginning April 12, 2020."

"Guests with certain passports and who are on voyages impacted by port restrictions will be notified prior to sailing"

Really? 

When I saw the update dated today I thought (stupidly) that Oceania was following what Celebrity and Royal has just done, canceling cruises until May 12th.  

Come Oceania, stop dragging your feet.  It's getting ridiculous at this point.  If you're going under, go under...

Edited by bbtondo
  • Like 1

They will be those cruises to nowhere as there are no ports anywhere in the world that are accepting cruise ships now. Europe is closed. Asia is closed. Australia is closed. South America is closed.

Antarctica is still open.

3 hours ago, bbtondo said:

"We will plan to recommence and operate with embarkations beginning April 12, 2020."

"Guests with certain passports and who are on voyages impacted by port restrictions will be notified prior to sailing"

Really? 

When I saw the update dated today I thought (stupidly) that Oceania was following what Celebrity and Royal has just done, canceling cruises until May 12th.  

Come Oceania, stop dragging your feet.  It's getting ridiculous at this point.  If you're going under, go under...

It is not Oceania it is NCL calling the shots the situation is the same at Regent compared to the other cruise lines NCL really

STANDS OUT

It does not look like they are planning on resuming soon.  I see Riviera pulled out of Nassau today.  I looked on cruise mapper and it looks like it is heading out towards Europe, maybe not but it looks like it at this time.  A Regent ship left the same port at the same time.  

3 hours ago, etual324 said:

It is not Oceania it is NCL calling the shots the situation is the same at Regent compared to the other cruise lines NCL really

STANDS OUT

Yes, I know it is NCL. 😀

22 minutes ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

It does not look like they are planning on resuming soon.  I see Riviera pulled out of Nassau today.  I looked on cruise mapper and it looks like it is heading out towards Europe, maybe not but it looks like it at this time.  A Regent ship left the same port at the same time.  

Now this is interesting... Wonder where they're headed?

56 minutes ago, Maverick Cruiser said:

Marine traffic  has them heading for Freeport  for the 26th

Maybe they are just re anchoring offshore

8 hours ago, bbtondo said:

Really? 

I did not receive this and it doesnt sound real..

Jancruz1

8 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I did not receive this and it doesnt sound real..

Jancruz1

Jan-

The above statements were included in the Coronavirus Statement posted on Oceania's website today (march 250.  Are they what you are saying doesn't sound real or did you mean the Poster's statement that Celebrity and Royal are canceling cruises until May 12?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

4 hours ago, etual324 said:

STANDS OUT

1 hour ago, bbtondo said:

Yes, I know it is NCL. 😀

No, it's not NCL calling the shots. NCL, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas are all subsidiaries of Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings (NCLH). The CEO of NCLH is Frank Del Rio, the co-founder of Oceania. The CEO of Oceania is bob Binder, the other Oceania co-founder. It's the Oceania founders that are calling the shots.

24 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No, it's not NCL calling the shots. NCL, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas are all subsidiaries of Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings (NCLH). The CEO of NCLH is Frank Del Rio, the co-founder of Oceania. The CEO of Oceania is bob Binder, the other Oceania co-founder. It's the Oceania founders that are calling the shots.

FDR is calling all the shots because everything has been in unison even the wording on the web sites  is exact no one is doing anything without approval from the TOP at the holding company

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Marine traffic  has them heading for Freeport  for the 26th

Maybe they are just re anchoring offshore

Riviera is moving NNE at 16 knots.  Regent Explorer left at about the same time as Riviera. 

13 minutes ago, etual324 said:

FDR is calling all the shots because everything has been in unison even the wording on the web sites  is exact no one is doing anything without approval from the TOP at the holding company

Yes and once again , FDR is the founder and former CEO of Oceania, not NCL, so it's the Oceania kingpin that calls the shots for the holding company, not someone from NCL. If you look at the resumes of NCLH's senior executives you'll see that the majority come from Oceania or Regent Seven Seas. I believe only the CFO and the general counsel came from the NCL side of the house.

You can't call FDR an "NCL guy'" because he's not and never was. You're apparently confusing the holding company NCLH with the cruise line NCL.

Edited by njhorseman

pretty much the same statement on RSSC site  that was on Oceania  a week or more ago

GENERAL TRAVEL ADVISORY

The safety, security and well-being of our guests and crew is our number one priority. As of March 13, 2020, Regent Seven Seas Cruises has initiated a voluntary suspension of all voyages worldwide embarking through April 11, 2020. Voyages already underway on March 13, 2020 have been concluded and guests disembarked. This measure is being taken in an abundance of caution. Regent Seven Seas Cruises has not experienced any confirmed cases of COVID-19 across our fleet. We plan to recommence voyages with embarkations beginning after April 11, 2020. For more information for impacted guests on these voyages, click here.

https://www.rssc.com/coronavirus-statement

FWIW

i doubt  any cruises will be sailing  before July if then

JMO

Sit back read  a book,  stay inside  & wash your hands often 😉

take the time to relax

7 hours ago, susiesan said:

Antarctica is still open.

Only ships with fewer than 500 pax can go there. And those anchor and use zodiac-equivalents to bring people to shore.

4 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Jan-

The above statements were included in the Coronavirus Statement posted on Oceania's website today (march 250.  Are they what you are saying doesn't sound real or did you mean the Poster's statement that Celebrity and Royal are canceling cruises until May 12?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

I just cant believe O is thinking of sailing in less than two weeks..

Im checking..

Jancruz1

6 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Im checking..

Jancruz1

Thanks, Jan.  I know that Oceania is dealing with extreme complexities and their crystal ball is no less cloudy than ours. But I do hope that Oceania can give at least a month's notice of cancellations so folks can deal with the ancillary fall out on other travel arrangements.

I do hope you and Stu are staying healthy and safe.  We'd love the opportunity to share a future cruise with you both.  We thoroughly enjoyed our last one with you two.

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Im checking..

Jancruz1

I doubt they are

They just have not changed the  webpage  until the decide on the next round of cancellations

There is over 457,000 cases  of COVID-19 world wide  most are active cases

There is no way  anyone is going anywhere in the next few months

JMO

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

I doubt they are

They just have not changed the  webpage  until the decide on the next round of cancellations

There is over 457,000 cases  of COVID-19 world wide  most are active cases

There is no way  anyone is going anywhere in the next few months

JMO

THIS. The US had 200 deaths today.