Are we due refund of Taxes and Fees?

LMaxwell

I cancelled under "Cruise with Confidence" just before Celeb halted operations and the only proof I have of canceling is receiving, days later, an invoice for my cruise that only says "Canceled".    Can someone please clarify if we are due to get FCC for the Grand Total, or just for an FCC for cruise fare and that we are to be refunded the taxes and fees?  

I cancelled on March 8, received my FCC on March 16, and part of my refund on March 23. I understand that it's normal for refunds to be split up and not made in a single cc credit, so I'm not worried. Yet. :classic_blink:

32 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I cancelled under "Cruise with Confidence" just before Celeb halted operations and the only proof I have of canceling is receiving, days later, an invoice for my cruise that only says "Canceled".    Can someone please clarify if we are due to get FCC for the Grand Total, or just for an FCC for cruise fare and that we are to be refunded the taxes and fees?  

I cancelled 3/9/20 (sail date 3/30) and have not YET received my credit for taxes/fees or prepaid items (excursions, bev package, etc) nor my FCC credit email.   As I mentioned in a different thread, I spoke to X who said refunds are taking 14-21 days, maybe longer now with the various "lock-downs".  You will receive a credit, but have patience as it (probably) will take a while.

15 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

I cancelled 3/9/20 (sail date 3/30) and have not YET received my credit for taxes/fees or prepaid items (excursions, bev package, etc) nor my FCC credit email.   As I mentioned in a different thread, I spoke to X who said refunds are taking 14-21 days, maybe longer now with the various "lock-downs".  You will receive a credit, but have patience as it (probably) will take a while.

I cancelled my prepaid internet on 3/14 and received refund to my credit card on 3/21.  🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I cancelled my prepaid internet on 3/14 and received refund to my credit card on 3/21.  🍷

I suspect that those who cancel prepaid items before cancelling the cruise will see at least that part of their refund more quickly.

53 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I suspect that those who cancel prepaid items before cancelling the cruise will see at least that part of their refund more quickly.

That was the case for us..All the prepaid excursions, spa services and dining were cancelled on line by us before we cancelled the cruises. Happily the credit card refunds all came  promptly. Glad we did that..

• Like 1

Today's call they were able to go ahead and request the taxes and fees be refunded.  Apparently some agents are not requesting that at cancelation by default and assuming cruisers may be willing to "let it ride" as a free loan to Celebrity. Had I not called, would Celebrity have corrected their "mistake"?  Yes, I did book direct with Celebrity.  

The entire way this is being handled just doesn't feel right and does not instill confidence as a consumer. This is not the way a healthy company would conduct business. 

I don't know what other travel agents are doing, but Celebrity is upfront in explaining on the phone that the FCC is 125% of your cruise fare only, and that the taxes and fees are being refunded automatically to your credit card. No trickery or mistake was evident. The friendly person I spoke to calculated exactly the numbers in CDN dollars that I should expect to see on my card in 3-4 weeks, and the amount that I would get in an e-mail for FCC in 4-5 weeks. Time lines I wouldn't bet on, but I really think that they are trying to conduct business properly. 

• Thanks 1

I canceled a cruise on Celebrity Infinity for April 11th on Mar 8th. I canceled under the Cruise With Confidence offer. The total cost of cruise was $2198.  A week later I received $1045 in FCC and about a week and a half after that, I received a credit on my CC for $1153. Celebrity was very fair and I am a happy camper.

• Thanks 1