In My Happy Place

TrapperZimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Trapper, are y’all still getting snow? Just going into the triple digits here. If the virus goes outside here it’s going to cook. Like the inevitable “news” showing an egg frying on the sidewalk.🍸😎

Snow has ended, Jim.  We are now entering the rainy season, which will likely continue until Halloween, which is when snow begins again.  But in my mind, I'm on a lounger on Deck 4 aft.  Zimmy is reading her Kindle and I'm working NYT Saturday crossword puzzles.  Life just doesn't get any better than this.  Would you and Lois like to join us for dinner?

• Like 1

That is a Woo Hoo WOW!  A restaurant - in it not just take out eh?  Only a distant memory here in South Florida!  Any restrictions in terms of capacity, spacing of tables, masks, menus, etc.?

7 hours ago, JES4845 said:

That is a Woo Hoo WOW!  A restaurant - in it not just take out eh?  Only a distant memory here in South Florida!  Any restrictions in terms of capacity, spacing of tables, masks, menus, etc.?

Yes, it definitely felt good to dine out again, and was a definite Happy Place.  The restaurant was not crowded, so it was easily spaced out to the 6 foot requirement.  Our server (and her trainee) wore a mask, but some of the other servers did not.  Menus were handed out as normal (I didn't even think about that one!) .   

I did have to cut a hole in our masks to get the food through to our mouths (Just Kidding!).

12 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Heading to the beach at Jost today.  The splash and maybe a bar or two.  Good thing we are on a BtoBtoBtoBtoBtoB.  Don't want to go home.  Can I have a Mojito with Eggs Bennie?😎

Sounds good.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JES4845 said:

As a former Chicagoan, even I know it is warmer in the Windy City than the central Norwegian port where SD1 is in hibernation!

Haha, right.  My DW is a former Chicago Girl.  The first time she took me there to meet the family was in January!!  As a Southern Boy, I just could not understand how people lived there....... And I have worked in Alaska.😳

We stay here, Jim, because you can't get a good hot dog anywhere else.

And we have learned not to make assumptions about Norwegian weather.  When we did the fjords cruise a couple of years ago, we packed jackets, sweatshirts, and lots of other warm clothes.  And it was in the 90s.  Ended up buying shorts onboard.

We are having serious Jost van Dyke withdrawal. Anyone booked this fall for the BVI?  Not sure I want to send SD money yet but hoping it works out for later this year.  Happy Memorial Day to all.🍸😎

Mrs Tiki is also craving beach days and wine lunches in the BVI later this year, hopefully on SD.   I wore my Soggy Dollar hat the other day on a walk and got quite a few thumbs up signs.

Here's to "bridge, make some noise" at Noon in White Bay

Cheers

• Like 1