Berlin Tours

We used Anastasia Travel for our tours in St. Petersburg as well as the other Baltic ports. We found it convenient to use just 1 tour operator for all our tours since we communicate with only one agent. Having a lot of people to communicate too can be pretty confusing and stressful, at least for me! Plus since we booked several tours with them, they gave us a huge huge discount. Enjoyed all the tours and will use them again next time! 

• Like 1

Taking into account that cruisers stay at Warnemunde or Rostok which is 3 hours driving from Berlin, I’d take a private or small group tour to avoid all this arrangements stress. I think it’s a good idea to use 1 tour operator, for being a lazy person I don’t like corresponding with too many agents..On this forum are mentioned some good companies as Anastasia Travel, Best Guides, Alla Tours etc

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours back and 3 hours forth; I would rather recommend that you visit Rostock and maybe as well Stralsund instead.

Easy done by your own and both very nice old towns. You don't do Berlin any credit by just driving past in such a short amount of time...and the drive itself is pretty boring (I did it once one-way with the train)

Edited by onyx007

• 3 weeks later...

It's a long ride from Warnemunde but it was well worth it. Decided to take the trip to Sachsenhausen concentration camp in Berlin and took about 6 hrs drive each way. The ride was very comfortable, but the camp site very sad, so if you are not up for visiting the concentration camp, you can still visit the highlights of the city. The tour included best of Berlin too, and although a bit pressed with time, our group managed to keep up with the pace and of course we were all back to the ship on time. If this is your only time to visit Germany, I suggest you visit Berlin. Rostock and Warnemunde are gorgeous places if you decide not to. And we booked Anastasia Travel for this tour. Great organization and team work!

Berlin, just like Moscow/Warshaw/Saint P. is a vast city with tons of cultural treasures. Its not only important to visit some of the major places like Reichstag and etc, but also just to walk around to see the architechture and different layers of culture of the city. Its true that Berlin is called the city of Artists. They got the largest collection of graffiti of all Europe