Seattle suspends Alaska cruises indefinitely

Travelingzumbamom

For those who can’t get past the Biz Journal paywall, here is the press release from the Port of Seattle: https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-seattle-expects-delay-start-2020-cruise-season

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

For those who can’t get past the Biz Journal paywall, here is the press release from the Port of Seattle: https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-seattle-expects-delay-start-2020-cruise-season

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks coastcat for adding that link! It didn’t show me the paywall, so I didn’t realize it was there! Sorry for that folks.

So, where in this have I missed the " indefinitely" suspension!?!

Please, we have enough panic in all this already, without making it up in the headline.

Perhaps you need to seek employment with The NY Times!

DD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dyeadave said:

So, where in this have I missed the " indefinitely" suspension!?!

Please, we have enough panic in all this already, without making it up in the headline.

Perhaps you need to seek employment with The NY Times!

DD

Hmmmm

So, the meaning of "indefinite" is the following 

lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time.

And the article says this

cruise season will be delayed until the resolution of the public health emergency.

That's all, no stated date, no "cruise season will resume on the 1st of ___________"   

Indefinite indeed

Sooooo, I sit here in Skagway, under definite quarantine, and with all of this time on hand I do find some people are using the word indefinite.....but if you read on past the headline, it is anything but that as you read the ifs and whenevers in the declaration of the day......I will stand by for further fulminating.....

DD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dyeadave said:

Sooooo, I sit here in Skagway, under definite quarantine, and with all of this time on hand I do find some people are using the word indefinite.....but if you read on past the headline, it is anything but that as you read the ifs and whenevers in the declaration of the day......I will stand by for further fulminating.....

DD

My cruise is not until August and it is from Seward to Vancouver.....although I am not in quarantine where I live (yet) I am just sitting back and waiting ever so patiently to see what happens.  I don't plan to cancel and will let the cruise line take care of it if necessary.  Then we will worry and figure out what to do.  We are leaning toward the Alaska railroad tours if they are in operation at that time.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 8:07 AM, TSUmom said:

My cruise is not until August and it is from Seward to Vancouver.....although I am not in quarantine where I live (yet) I am just sitting back and waiting ever so patiently to see what happens.  I don't plan to cancel and will let the cruise line take care of it if necessary.  Then we will worry and figure out what to do.  We are leaning toward the Alaska railroad tours if they are in operation at that time.  

Just saw the governor of AK spoke today and he said this Friday  4/27 they will start to open restaurants but with some limitations. That's okay, we are still heading towards a reopen 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diggerof4 said:

Just saw the governor of AK spoke today and he said this Friday  4/27 they will start to open restaurants but with some limitations. That's okay, we are still heading towards a reopen 

friday is 4/24

and we're impeaching him