Caribbean cruises with very few ports

shipgeeks

I imagine that uncertainty whether certain islands will allow ships to dock, in the coming months/years, will be a big factor in resuming cruises.

Personally, I would love a cruise that only stopped at Ocean Cay and perhaps one other place within a week.  We would even gladly do that itinerary B2B.

I realize it might not be as appealing to potential passengers from UK/Europe/South America.

Would you do that itinerary if it got you cruising sooner?

As our last cruise on the Armonia was booked as a "do nothing" cruise to relax from a few stressful months, we didn't leave the ship in two  (Ochos Rios and Costa Maya)of the four ports.

In Grand Cayman we rode the tender to shore, took a photo of the ship, and returned to the ship.

We are not beach people and found Ocean Cay to be a reclaimed industrial waste site with a long way to go. We took a  tram around the island (yeah, I know that tours are not offered, but we found someone who was bored) and was back in the ship within thirty minutes.

So, yes, if the price was right, we would do a limited port itinerary.

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I imagine that uncertainty whether certain islands will allow ships to dock, in the coming months/years, will be a big factor in resuming cruises.

Personally, I would love a cruise that only stopped at Ocean Cay and perhaps one other place within a week.  We would even gladly do that itinerary B2B.

I realize it might not be as appealing to potential passengers from UK/Europe/South America.

Would you do that itinerary if it got you cruising sooner?

Yes!!!  We would love that itinerary.

• Like 1

I loved how relaxing Ocean Cay was! We cruise for the ship, not the ports, and originally didn't even plan on getting off the ship at Ocean Cay but were glad we did. So a cruise with all sea days and one day at Ocean Cay would be absolutely perfect. I'd sign up right away!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, eastoftheboston said:

I loved how relaxing Ocean Cay was! We cruise for the ship, not the ports, and originally didn't even plan on getting off the ship at Ocean Cay but were glad we did. So a cruise with all sea days and one day at Ocean Cay would be absolutely perfect. I'd sign up right away!

We just loved Ocean Cay, too; a paradise on earth!

We stayed on the ship at Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Nassau.

Hi - we're from the UK.  A transatlantic a few years back on Quantum was fabulous.  Would love to do another transatlantic in the future.

I don't think the ports are the problem - its the sick crew members!!

An itinerary to nowhere using the ship as my "vacation place" has appealed more and more over the years.  In the Caribbean, St. Lucia and Dominica have been favorite places of mine.  St. Thomas was--once upon a time--but their liquor prices and the hassles of getting my CC home currently aren't worth the effort.  

13 hours ago, dexddd said:

We should just be finishing up a Western on Mera with stop at Ocean Cay tomorrow. Second time missing it.  I might even take a day in Nassau VS the cold and melting snow.

No cold and melting snow here in southwestern Ohio.  Just rain with Spring like temperatures, but I am comforted by looking at my pictures during my cruise on Meraviglia.