Date for SDII October dry dock ?

Piaa

Thank you everyone here for posting that SDII is now scheduled for October not April for dry dock - anyone have any inside info as to when?  

We are scheduled October 10th out of Rome and after calling SD they keep telling me "they are in a meeting discussing the current situation" but I would love any info anyone might have - we will need to cancel/reschedule our airline tickets (already purchased) if we are not going due to SDII being refurbished (obviously assuming if it is safe to go at that time)

Thanks everyone 

Hi @Piaa,

Our voyages in the West Indies have been paused until May 7th due to the current COVID-19 health crisis. However, the rest of our itineraries will be operating as scheduled. We do not have any other changes to our schedule. Should there be a change that impacts your voyage, we would proactively reach out to you and let you know. There's a lot of misinformation going around so I just wanted to clear that up.

Have a great day!

21 hours ago, SeaDream Yacht Club said:

Hi @Piaa,

Our voyages in the West Indies have been paused until May 7th due to the current COVID-19 health crisis. However, the rest of our itineraries will be operating as scheduled. We do not have any other changes to our schedule. Should there be a change that impacts your voyage, we would proactively reach out to you and let you know. There's a lot of misinformation going around so I just wanted to clear that up.

Have a great day!

I called SeaDream directly and they informed me indeed SDII was now scheduled for it's refurbishment in October not April but they did not have a confirmed date for October at this point ... clearly then SeaDream Yacht Club, not all October itineraries could still be as scheduled - so I am feeling yes, there is a lot of misinformation going around if you are saying October is uninterrupted and when calling SeaDream directly they confirmed October is the new scheduled month for refurbishment ... which one of you is correct please ?

21 hours ago, SeaDream Yacht Club said:

Sorry about that. Currently, there is no date confirmed so it would be incorrect for me to say October or any other date, as so far our schedule has not changed. If there is a change in our schedule and it were to impact your voyage, we would reach out to you directly as soon as a date is confirmed. I will check with the team to see what happened here, apologies for the misunderstanding. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No cruise ships likely to be sailing until a vaccine is widely available.  News reports put that in summer 2021 soonest (for widely available).  Plan accordingly.

I am very open to hearing scenarios where this is pessimistic.  So far I haven’t seen any that hold up to even cursory scrutiny.

Disclosures:  I am long CCL, RCL, and NCLH.  And we really want to go on a 120 day Jan 2022 circum-pacific  cruise.  So no, I’m not a short-seller troll.  Well, troll maybe, at least in the looks dept. (as Jim can atest to...)

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Ragnar - we agree for us in terms of future overseas travel whether by cruise or otherwise - we wouldn’t do it until there is either a widely available vaccine or the virus has really, really been contained in some other fashion.  That said, we were surprised to read an LA Times article the other day about how cruise bookings for 2021 are up compared to 2019 a year out, even after accounting for folks with credits from canceled 2020 cruises.  I’m a bit suspicious of the data, but there were quotes from naive folks saying “oh the cruise ships will have better processes next time ...”. Really?  Processes?  Processes for what - quarantining people?  Bigger medical units?  Faster repatriation on charter flights if a cruise is diverted from lots of sick people?This isn’t a process issue, this is a very contagious disease.  And cruise ship passengers are in the demographic of the most vulnerable, as we all know.  Buyer beware is clearly the key!  And we like you had plans for many trips this year and 2021 and hope things improve soon.

9 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

No cruise ships likely to be sailing until a vaccine is widely available.  News reports put that in summer 2021 soonest (for widely available).  Plan accordingly.

I am very open to hearing scenarios where this is pessimistic.  So far I haven’t seen any that hold up to even cursory scrutiny.

Disclosures:  I am long CCL, RCL, and NCLH.  And we really want to go on a 120 day Jan 2022 circum-pacific  cruise.  So no, I’m not a short-seller troll.  Well, troll maybe, at least in the looks dept. (as Jim can atest to...)

You won't see me on a cruise until they have a vaccine. I missed NCLH in the 8's and was greedy waiting for it to get to 5. I always set a price point and did pick up OXY in the 9's. The Vegas part of my portfolio 😉 xo