Vantage refund possibility?

bornfreenowexpensive

We are scheduled  on a June Vantage trip to Iceland, part on a big ship MV Ocean Diamond (which has been in Antartica all winter and now headed to the Canary Islands), and part land.  
I am hoping Vantage cancels this trip. I would like a refund, and not a credit, especially if it has to be used by 12/20. 
Anyone heard anything helpful from Vantage?

The last offer I saw was giving you 2 years to use the voucher, but that was for river cruises, so not sure how relevant.  They had an incentive to take the voucher, they would bump it up so much if you chose the same or a different cruise.  We took the cash back they offered.

We were supposed to board on 28 March.

For us, it was a bit nerve wracking, as we were flying out a week early, using Vantage provided airfare.  We wanted them to cancel, didn't want to wind up in Ireland with no cruise to board....understandably they were going to hold off as long as they could.  The President shutting down travel forced their hand.

Good luck, I hope this works out for you one way or the other.....

• Like 1

We're booked on a trip with Vantage in mid-May. Had a pre-cruise extension to Oberammergau for the Passion Play. Now that's postponed to 2022. Want to change our booking to late May 2022, but not able to do that yet. When I called customer service, they hadn't even heard about the postponement -- several days later got an email blast announcing the postponement, but said they were still deciding what to do. Nothing further yet!

Edi

You should be hearing from Vantage now. They just updated their website today. 

Yes my trip in May to Egypt was just cancelled Wednesday. Gave them a call And I was sure I would have hard time rebooking because I am Solo and the availability looked slim. Well the couple traveling with me, we did conference call and had no problem transferring our trip to March 2021 which was our choice. No monies due even swap and they gave me a double cabin because no singles available.
We are so please. We booked a year ago and when the price was way cheaper.
All the transfers took less then 20 minutes.
Great job Vantage

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

I saw the update on the website, but haven"t heard anything from Vantage yet. Of course, we would only want to rebook for 2022 for the Oberammergau Passion Play - they probably haven't developed a schedule for that yet.

I received an email today that Vantage has cancelled our June trip.  Unlike their notices from two weeks ago, now they are just offering vouchers for 2021, and they automatically rebooked us.  We cannot go in 2021 and I have requested a refund to my original form of payment.

I will wait to see how this turns out.  If I don't get a refund,  I will not travel with them again.

Edited by bornfreenowexpensive
grammar

Yes my trip in May to Egypt was just cancelled Wednesday. Gave them a call And I was sure I would have hard time rebooking because I am Solo and the availability looked slim. Well the couple traveling with me, we did conference call and had no problem transferring our trip to March 2021 which was our choice. No monies due even swap and they gave me a double cabin because no singles available.
We are so please. We booked a year ago and when the price was way cheaper.
All the transfers took less then 20 minutes.
Great job Vantage

Well unfortunately I spoke too soon. Last week everything ok on my invoice
Surprise surprise. Today it says I owe another 8k
Well of course the promise of single guarantee went away.

I saw it last week. Zero. Then someone changed it.
On phone. With accounting. Sorry we will have to go to management. They better straighten out or I don’t care how much it cost to cancel all 4 future cruises with them.
Said I may get call back today before 6. RIGHT. Not counting on it

The last time I don’t get a written notice from them. But I went by the on line invoice and it showed zero.

Yikes, I hope they do they right thing by you. It would be terrible for them not to stand by their word.

I'm still waiting somewhat patiently for our refund....

Well I only noticed it today when I went in to make final payment for trip next April 2021. I made the payment. Then saw bad news. Called tonite and cancelled payment. No use letting them have thousands of my money until I find out a solution.

• Like 1

Well I only noticed it today when I went in to make final payment for trip next April 2021. I made the payment. Then saw bad news. Called tonite and cancelled payment. No use letting them have thousands of my money until I find out a solution.

Well all straightened out.
I’m back to paid in full and no problem with my friends reservation. It took until Monday but all is good now.
They did the right thing honoring and price guaranteeing us.
Good job Vantage.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Did Vantage cancel or did you?  When?  How long did Vantage tell you it would take to get the refund?  I think rather than contacting the Attorney General's Office or BBB, I would file a claim with my credit card company.

Vantage cancelled me April 8 for June 4 departure. No airfare involved. They said 90 days for refund. Then June 5 they called to offer me a credit. I insisted on refund. That reset the 90 day clock. I emailed them mid June. They said someone would contact me. I haven’t heard yet. So I have stepped up my efforts. I am waiting a few more weeks to contact credit card company.