Gift Card Promotion

Crazy For Cats

HAL is offering a promotion on their gift cards.

"Spend $500 on a gift card and we’ll send you a $100 bonus gift card—spend $1,000 or more and get a $200 bonus gift card. Offer ends April 30."

T&C

Limited-Time Promotional Gift Card Offer
Order $500 in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $100 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Order $1,000 or more in Holland America Line Gift Cards in a single transaction and receive a $200 Promotional ("bonus") gift card. Offer is applicable to orders placed from 3/26/2020 6:00AM PST to 4/30/2020 11:59PM PST, while supplies last. Holland America Line reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time. All gift card purchases and bonus gift cards will be denominated in USD. The Promotional gift card will be delivered to the recipient as a digital gift card only. No promo code is needed and Promotional gift card will be automatically applied to the qualifying transaction. Promotional gift card expires on 12/31/2020. Gift cards may be used for purchases on board Holland America Line vessels or applied as payment to a Holland America Line cruise booking. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Purchases made on bonus gift cards are non-refundable after 12/31/2020. Bonus gift cards are non-transferrable after 12/31/2020. Holland America Line does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete gift card terms and conditions below. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time.

The link for you own review:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/giftcard.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been giving HAL a break as they have a lot on their plate but I find it frustrating that they have used resources on this promo which looks panicky, while still not sorting out their early Alaska season sailings.  

The Alaska cruises in May and June are there to raise money for HAL.  Some folks (can't imagine who) will book and that's a FCD to offer.  

They show their cards by allowing the booking for a cruise they do not intend to sail.......

I never liked all those gift card deals. I hate having virtual money.. espcially those that I can spend ONLY in one place. Why not just organize an all inclusive section or something on board for VIP passangers? Wouldnt it be better? And in case the cruise fails or there is a crisis of any kind there will be two options 1) I got actual money 2) I have a fixed deal on my next trip

This is how I see it 

18 hours ago, VermeulT said:

If I can't go to Alaska - you better believe I'll do anything before this year's out to get on a ship - so to me - it's 20% savings.  I'm in.

That's been my thought also.....

But....as I've been searching cruises while waiting on my April 21 cruise to cancel, I'm seeing prices that are much higher than I think I would usually pay.......So wondering if the FCDs & the gift card bumps are a deal....Or have they just raised the prices so we are back to zero?.......Just wondering.....but still planning to go that route.

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

That's been my thought also.....

But....as I've been searching cruises while waiting on my April 21 cruise to cancel, I'm seeing prices that are much higher than I think I would usually pay.......So wondering if the FCDs & the gift card bumps are a deal....Or have they just raised the prices so we are back to zero?.......Just wondering.....but still planning to go that route.

I won't get FCD because my cruise isn't until August so I'm not near final payment yet.

The Caribbean for Oct/ Dec/ Holiday are pricing where I would think they'd be any other late March.

If I knew for sure that Alaska was a no go - I'd rebook now to get the free gratuities, etc. but my deal for Alaska was killer and I really really want to go this year.  So I wait........

• 1 month later...

We are booked December 9-19, 2020, Eurodam, and thinking of purchasing at least $1,000.00 in these gift cards, and receive extra $200.  Why not?  Even if cruise is cancelled (please NO), we may lose the promo of $200, but will still have the $1,000 for a future Cruise.  

I wonder if you purchase $1;000 twice, in 2 separate transactions, would you get a total of $400.00?  

1 hour ago, CM1984 said:

I wonder if you purchase $1;000 twice, in 2 separate transactions, would you get a total of $400.00?

possibly could do it for self and then partner.  Or a gift from another IP address to yourself.

Yes--but be sure to purchase 1 at a time. if you purchase a 2k card you will only receive $200.

an example would be for $3500 buy 3 at $1000 individually and another at $500 = $700 in gift cards