Americans, how long until you received your refund?

sbd78

WOW a few really quick responses from MSC. Tuesday I had a deposit pending on cc which cleared today Friday. Still waiting for fees/taxes from two March 14 cancellations for two March 29 cruises. Called today and was transferred to a supervisor who could not tell me any more than I already knew - being processed. 

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 12:29 PM, dexddd said:

We are at 104 days and one of the first to cancel.  Been told 60, then, 90, then another three weeks.  What a bunch of lies on the part of MSC.

I’m at 86 days today - nothing pending on my cards. My TA is getting nothing from MSC but the run-around. In the beginning, I was quite happy to try MSC as I had heard great things about the YC. FWIW, I just booked a suite for 9/2021 - and not with MSC.

41 minutes ago, NayRN said:

I’m at 86 days today - nothing pending on my cards. My TA is getting nothing from MSC but the run-around. In the beginning, I was quite happy to try MSC as I had heard great things about the YC. FWIW, I just booked a suite for 9/2021 - and not with MSC.

Our TA getting run around too when told 90 then three more weeks.

YC has been great but they are really shooting themselves in the foot here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Just speculating here, but I wonder if they prioritize direct bookings over TA held bookings?  Ours (3 fully paid, 2 deposits) were direct and all refunded within 67 days, including 2 phone calls and excellent customer service.  Even though they could not tell me when refunds would be processed, they were very helpful to escalate refunds and we ended up receiving all refunds within a reasonable amount of time.

Curious to see if other “quickly processed” refunds were also for direct bookings only...

PS:  I agree that MSC is losing business over this, which is a pity.  Hope you get your refund soon!

Edited by APDMOM
add PS

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Booked thru a TA on June 4.  Cruise canceled June 6.  Received refund on July 6.  Thirty days....not bad.

There goes the TA theory 😂  Wish we were allowed to share TA names.... 😉

Just now, APDMOM said:

There goes the TA theory 😂  Wish we were allowed to share TA names.... 😉

Yeah....

I had an Oct 2020 cruise booked with a different TA....and according to MSC "the paperwork" wasn't done correctly.  On that one I had to put in credit card dispute.  Not just for that...but a major issue with Carnival....and I found "the new TA".

I wish I could share....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

Just to let you know - without any email or pending notifications - my refunds hit my cards about 15 minutes ago! Only took 86 days!! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NayRN said:

Just to let you know - without any email or pending notifications - my refunds hit my cards about 15 minutes ago! Only took 86 days!! 

Yay, Reneé!  I am so glad to hear!  Isn’t it a great feeling?! 💃  I was so happy when our credit card hit -$12,000 from all the refunds, I booked Seashore B2B for next year December. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Yay, Reneé!  I am so glad to hear!  Isn’t it a great feeling?! 💃  I was so happy when our credit card hit -$12,000 from all the refunds, I booked Seashore B2B for next year December. 😁

I’m already booked on NCL for 2021 - but I do think I want to give MSC another try for 2022 (I only cruise once a year and spoil myself in a nice suite). They did say up to 90 days for the refund....and they kept their promise!

• Like 1

I'm at over 110 days with zero refunds for my March cruise, onboard extras and Plusgrade fee. Requested refund week of march 16th, was told they had no record of it and was apparently issued FCC. Resubmitted request in May and coming up on another 60 days since then as well. Even if they issued me a FCC, I should have received a refund for all of the other items back by now. I love MSC, but just take responsibility already.

• Like 2

Our cancellations were also done in March for March cruises. We got our FCCs in April and every time I call I am told everything was processed April 20 but I get various reasons taxes/fees have NOT yet posted to my credit card. 

20 hours ago, NayRN said:

Thanks for the update.  Just checked and nothing.  We are at 111.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

Thanks for the update.  Just checked and nothing.  We are at 111.

It really seems like there is something up with those March Cruise refunds... Hope they work it out for you! 

It has been 80 days for us.  I think I will submit chargeback on credit card tomorrow.  $10,000 for us , so far nada.  No taxes or additional purchased onboard packages either. I guess i must be optimistic, have booked two cruises for late next fall.   

5 hours ago, lastchamp64 said:

My cruise for May 30th was cancelled and took the refund option on April 30th. I just received my $6,800 refund and cleared my account July 10th.

So, about 71 days = not too bad.  Happy for you! 

10 hours ago, APDMOM said:

It really seems like there is something up with those March Cruise refunds... Hope they work it out for you! 

@dexddd Just curious... when is the last time you called MSC?

The last time I called was June 2nd, when I spoke with one of the best agents I had encountered (Jeffrey).  He escalated the refund for one of our cruises and told me he did not know when I would receive it, but that MSC had made recent changes to expedite the refunds.  I told him it was not a problem, we just wanted to make sure that the refund was in the works, not FCC.

4 days later, all our refunds posted. Don’t know if it was a coincidence, but wanted to share in case it is helpful to you.  

2 hours ago, APDMOM said:

@dexddd Just curious... when is the last time you called MSC?

The last time I called was June 2nd, when I spoke with one of the best agents I had encountered (Jeffrey).  He escalated the refund for one of our cruises and told me he did not know when I would receive it, but that MSC had made recent changes to expedite the refunds.  I told him it was not a problem, we just wanted to make sure that the refund was in the works, not FCC.

4 days later, all our refunds posted. Don’t know if it was a coincidence, but wanted to share in case it is helpful to you.  

I'm with a TA.  I called at 60 they would not talk to me so agent contacted them. Told 90 days to TA.  At 90 TA contacted them again, told three more weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I'm with a TA.  I called at 60 they would not talk to me so agent contacted them. Told 90 days to TA.  At 90 TA contacted them again, told three more weeks.

Just curious (as it's none of my business), but is there a reason you aren't filing a dispute with your CC yet? If I recall correctly, we are in similar time frames with canceled/requests.  I'm 99% confident that the only reason I received my funds back at 90 days is that I filed a dispute. Once I did that, MSC got the ball rolling (but still waited to post my refund to the next billing cycle which gave them an extra 30 days). 

I'm about to cancel my January cruise on HAL and request a deposit back. HAL seems just about as slow as MSC :(. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!! 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

BermudaBound20, that might be my task tomorrow, the cc dispute route. One reason I have not done that so far is because I did receive the FCC so it is two separate taxes/fees amounts that I am waiting for, it is not the exact amount I charged to the cc. Do you think that will matter when I call the cc people?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cellfree said:

BermudaBound20, that might be my task tomorrow, the cc dispute route. One reason I have not done that so far is because I did receive the FCC so it is two separate taxes/fees amounts that I am waiting for, it is not the exact amount I charged to the cc. Do you think that will matter when I call the cc people?

Oh gosh, I'm not sure. This was the first dispute I've ever filed on my CC. I used an American Express and I filed the dispute online. I just had to find the date that I purchased the cruise and provide that screen shot. Mine was easy because I purchased after final payment was due so I only had one charge to my CC for the entire amount to recover. I have read that different CC companies have different processes and some are easier than others. I do wish you the best, I know this has been frustrating for so many.