Current entry restrictions to Miami port - Pursuit

BasandSyb

Has anyone recent information about potential port restrictions the Pursuit will experience in docking at Miami around 30 March. (Assuming the rules don’t change in the next few days). Usual official and consulate websites have been useless.

Given there is no virus on the ship is the government allowing disembarkation generally for ships in Miami?

Appreciate any information as we have family on board and it’s going to be a long journey home to Australia ONCE they are released AND are able to get a flight. Is there any mandatory quarantining requirement (Aust. is 14 days)

Appreciate local intel.

Hi - sorry this answer isn’t as full as I would like, but I texted a few people I know who work for Royal Caribbean, and this is what they told me.  As long as symptom free, you should be able to get off the ship, and will be encouraged to go straight to the airport for your flight outta here.  

There is nowhere to stay, as all hotels are shut down in Miami-Dade county. 

He said if protocols are followed, you will sign a form declaring that you are well, and then just debark and get in to a cab to the airport and that’s as far as the cruise line’s responsibility.  

Anything after that is dependent upon the entry requirements of your home country you are flying to. 

Sorry not that helpful, but it is what my friend who works there told me.  

If you have any other questions, just reply and I’ll ask him as he seems pretty clued up as to what is going on.  

Thanks very much for the information. Much appreciated. The approach seems to differ around the world, and of course dependent upon infection which thankfully Pursuit is clear.

Tonight Australia goes into enforced 14 day hotel stay upon arrival enforced by defence forces. Unfortunately too many people haven't been self quarantining. They will be happy enough to be closer to home.

Cheers

Hi BasandSyb, 

just to update you on what I wrote - the form filling is only for crew, so don’t expect that.  Sorry for the mis-info.  My friend thought I was asking for a crew member on board. 

If you come across a lovely Canadian pilot called Todd, say hi.  He’s traveling solo, and is lots of fun. 

Take care, and fling any questions you have my way, I’ll try and get them answered by my friend at the port. 

Best - N. 

• Like 1

I have just watched Pursuit docking thanks to YouTube live video from Port of Miami posted on Facebook by Lee Hetherington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_gSZr8B80&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0fJ7672245iZSPHljFN4O1L0b6ZKYKQK7o6dhql-ujn3Mzg4CnqnOXO04

The end of an unforgettable cruise for passengers and crew! ☺️

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 2

Thanks all. They are apparently off the ship 30 March at 10am (just over 3 hours time) and to the airport. Miami - San Fran - Sydney.

By all accounts Azamara has outdone themselves in organisation. Let’s hope it goes smoothly for everyone on board. By all accounts the Europeans might have more of a challenge.

For the Australians - mandatory hotel quarantining for 14 days. Very fortunate!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BasandSyb said:

Thanks all. They are apparently off the ship 30 March at 10am (just over 3 hours time) and to the airport. Miami - San Fran - Sydney.

By all accounts Azamara has outdone themselves in organisation. Let’s hope it goes smoothly for everyone on board. By all accounts the Europeans might have more of a challenge.

For the Australians - mandatory hotel quarantining for 14 days. Very fortunate!

Hello BasandSyb,

Thank you for letting us know your family members are on the way home now. Yay!

I second your hope that all guests their flights home and arrive safely. 

• Like 3