Annoucment delay until monday

shof515

I'm sure there are a lot of logistics to deal with.  Legend cruises are not available until 11/15/20, so all Europe cruises will probably be cancelled.  Radiance sailings are gone until 11/8/2020.  Mardi Gras not available until 3/27/21.  I haven't checked everything so there are probably more.  Will Carnival ships be deployed as floating medical centers?  If so, for how long?  Still lots of unanswered questions that Carnival has to work on.  Wish Monday would get here soon.

• Like 2

They know they won't be able to offer the cruises in April, so they could have cancelled them today.  They said they were going to have a decision today and they should have kept their word, even if it only involved April cruises.  Other cruise lines already announced cancellations, yet Carnival keeps putting it off.  This will only make people more likely to want a refund and not rebook.

• Like 6

I am really frustrated that Carnival is postponing their announcement.  My husband and I have the Carnival Magic booked for April 25, 2020 and I have been on pins and needles waiting to hear if the cruise is cancelled or not.  We can cancel by March 31st and get a full refund based on the information Carnival sent us earlier this month.  I was hoping to find out today that onboard credit was going to be offered along with the refund for another cruise.  I can't stand the idea of waiting yet another few days!

• Like 1

Let's hope it is a great announcement that all the issues with Canada have been cleared up and all cruises will resume effective April something but with these restrictions...........

A delay can simply mean that the other parties involved with a negotiation aren't in agreement yet. 

I'm booked on the Paradise out of Tampa on April 16th.  There are no cruises available on Carnival's website anymore for that date on the Paradise.  Pretty obvious this cruise is not going to go, so why wait until the last minute to inform us of that?  With only just over two weeks until my cruise, you would think they would know by now whether or not it was a go, and let booked cruisers know that so they can make their decisions.

I'm still debating what I want to do if/when my Baja cruise from Long Beach is cancelled for May.

We are unsure when we would want to cruise again, but don't want to lose out on any potential additional credit either.

this gives me more time to play around online and figure out things this weekend.I

Edited to add : our cruise is unable to be booked on the website, so pretty sure it is cancelled.

Edited by Ihearttravel11

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Let's hope it is a great announcement that all the issues with Canada have been cleared up and all cruises will resume effective April something but with these restrictions...........

A delay can simply mean that the other parties involved with a negotiation aren't in agreement yet. 

Not going to happen and why would you want that? The virus is going to peak next month. It would be very foolish to travel on a cruiseship in April. Do you realize as we speak there are STILL cruise ships that have passengers on board and there's Covid-19 on MULTIPLE cruiseships? 

• Like 6

If this did not impact so many people you could laugh at this. Over the past 10 years or so it has been Carnival's M O to announce an up-coming announcement only to put it off several rimes before the announcement is finally made, It's a no brainer for April cruises, just cancel them . Then work out the rest of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

If nothing else, I certainly appreciate your apparent eternal optimism!😁

6 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I am in Canada, there hasn't been any change to their policy.  We aren't accepting any ships with over 500 people until July 1st, 2020.

• Like 3

They can keep on moving this announcements every week. Not sure what people are waiting for. I rememeber waiting for half a year to have my tickets on cruise confirmed. The same goes for the refunds and other operations. These companies take as much time as they can to make us either stay with them or just jump off. People , take care 

2 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

I am in Canada, there hasn't been any change to their policy.  We aren't accepting any ships with over 500 people until July 1st, 2020.

I'm not sure why people hope things will magically go away and get better. Life doesn't really work that way. People need to take a more pragmatic approach to these things. There will be no cruises leaving in April anywhere, end of story. People should be planning for that reality and make sure you know what you're going to do what the inevitable announcement comes. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, UGACamper said:

2:17

plans "through June" in place

Which to me says a lot. April cruises aren't happening and May is slim. Everyone must keep forgetting this strain WILL mutate into another it's only a matter of time. And yes medical experts have stated as such.

As much as well all want to get back to normal, people still aren't paying attention to guidelines. And that is a problem.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, enfuego4cruising said:

I saw earlier this week on the Carnival website where the Panorama was showing sailings in April. This included one with John Heald. Today on the website, nothing for the Panorama in April. Now showing May as the soonest available to book.

I see nothing until mid-May.