"LIVE"- Vista adventure March 28-Apr. 4 2020

bahacca

*I am prefacing this by saying this is a tongue in cheek review of our upcoming week aboard Carnival Vista. I realize (as anyone lucky enough to cruise in their lifetime should realize) that I have privilege and am in no way ungrateful for what I DO have. I am a bit bored and looking for some levity in this situation we all find ourselves in. So, if you wanna have some fun and laughs, join me. If you don't, scroll on by and Happy (doing whatever you are doing, because I know you are not)Sailing!

We are a family of 4. Myself, my husband and my 2 teenage daughters. We are leaving from LAX today, flying to Houston, staying in a hotel and then driving to Galveston in the morning using Uber XL. 

Here is my bag. It isn't packed with anything, but isn't she pretty? I bought it for this trip. I think I will name her "Pinkie Pie." Or maybe "Corona Case." Note she still has tags on her from when I bought her. 

IMG_2646.JPG

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

So we had planned to allow about 1.5 hours to get from Orange County, CA to LAX because, well, traffic! However, it seems everyone is staying home, so we can probably cut that time in half now. BONUS!(Photo thanks to Adam B. on twitter)image.png.553e4cf13f933141df948a352589a995.png

• Like 2

Whenever we travel, my husband calls me a germaphobe. (I can now just tell him I've been prepping for the big pandemic all along.) I have these stocked for trips at all times. Lucky me had them before all the people were TOLD to be germaphobes. So picture me wiping down the tray tables, arm rests, air adjusters, window pulls on the airplane. 6 months ago people thought it was "overkill". 

IMG_2650.JPG

Edited by bahacca
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

So we are on the flight. Youngest teen allowed a picture of on flight entertainment. Oldest teen fled the scene when she saw the camera. A picture of outside. Not what you would expect from inside the cabin of a plane in the sky, but that is our view.

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2642.JPG

• Like 3

Well, it's too bad they've cut the links to Vista's webcams.

You could grab some screenshots of her at Galveston anchorage to add to your trip report.

But, all is not lost.  She comes in every other week to replenish her stocks and take on some fuel.  Watch the Galveston Cruise Cam for when she's pierside.  You can grab still shots from their camera.

So we woke up (late. Thanks time change!) Grabbed some breakfast that was included with the hotel and are making our way from Houston to Galveston. Cannot wait to get on board the beautiful Vista! Here is a muffin from this morning. *The hotel didn't make it. Youngest teen and I made them the other day. Applesauce muffin. I give them a 3 out of 10. I was annoyed we wasted flour on them. I could have used the flour for a cake. Or brownies. 

IMG_2647.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1