Carnival has postponed their announcement

wyobean

19 hours ago, richwmn said:

I spent about an hour using various search terms to try and find where Mr. Donald was the source of the announcement. All search results came up with either titles including Carnival Cruise Lines or having that in the body of the article or at least including the "Whale Tail" logo of Carnival Cruise Lines. Could you provide a link to the actual announcement from Mr Donald?

• Like 2

So--I am to assume--after reading many post that --our land/sea cruise starting 5/14 in Fairbanks has been canceled--Will they (Hal) sometime soon contact me and offer us some kind of deal (repayment) or something? Any recommendations for a 70+ couple?

12 hours ago, the col. said:

So--I am to assume--after reading many post that --our land/sea cruise starting 5/14 in Fairbanks has been canceled--Will they (Hal) sometime soon contact me and offer us some kind of deal (repayment) or something? Any recommendations for a 70+ couple?

Looks like you're cancelled.  From Holland America's announcement and on their Facebook page:

Due to the continued port closures and travel restrictions surrounding global health concerns, Holland America Line has made the decision to extend its pause of global cruise operations for an additional 30 days, cancelling sailings scheduled to depart through May 14, 2020.

Guests currently booked on cruises from April 14 through May 14 and their travel advisors will receive notification from Holland America Line in the coming days regarding options for selecting either a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of their booking value plus an additional $250 shipboard credit or a full refund.

They are supposed to contact you and give you the opportunity to choose your option.  Check your email daily including spam.

Carnival Cruise Line is cancelling more cruises:

All Alaska sailings through and including June 30, 2020

All San Francisco sailings through 2020

Carnival Radiance through November 1, 2020

Carnival Legend through October 30, 2020.

One has to think that HAL will announce something similar.