4 deaths on HALs Zaandam

Some info re Zaandam & Rotterdam in Florida.

Of the 4 that died onboard prior to Panama - 2 had Covid19, 1 had a heart attack & other died of a pre existing condition.

26 pax with positive covid19 will remain onboard.  13 pax & 1 crew member went to hospital.

About 1200 pax from both ships will go by private bus to board planes from the tarmac.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

United Airlines crew refused to fly with the Aussies off the Zeendam. I have read that a charter flight will bring them home.

It's strange what has happened here because the Foreign Minister Payne said 2 days ago there was going to be a charter flight to bring the Aussies home. Then suddenly the passengers were booked on a commercial flight by CCL?  SBS reported this, plus another cruise website so I think the charter flight was always on. Did CCL jump the gun or something?

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

It's strange what has happened here because the Foreign Minister Payne said 2 days ago there was going to be a charter flight to bring the Aussies home. Then suddenly the passengers were booked on a commercial flight by CCL?  SBS reported this, plus another cruise website so I think the charter flight was always on. Did CCL jump the gun or something?

There's a bit of confusion due to the distance. There was and they did take a charter flight - they took a charter flight from Florida to San Fran. Hence that reporting was accurate and followed through.

The complication is the additional flight from San Fran to Syd. There is an additional charter slated for United from SFO-SYD, so I suspect they were meant to take that but something got mixed up along the way, and they were put on to the scheduled service instead.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

There's a bit of confusion due to the distance. There was and they did take a charter flight - they took a charter flight from Florida to San Fran. Hence that reporting was accurate and followed through.

The complication is the additional flight from San Fran to Syd. There is an additional charter slated for United from SFO-SYD, so I suspect they were meant to take that but something got mixed up along the way, and they were put on to the scheduled service instead.

That would make sense.

It's not on the way, but the flight is scheduled and the plane IS sitting at SFO as it was yesterday, waiting to go. (It actually arrived there on 2nd April, waiting since then). As said, I expected there was a mixup when they were assigned to the SFO flight with someone thinking it was the regular scheduled flight instead of the charter that was arranged. 

It is scheduled to leave at 11:50 tonight their time (PST).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

United will now fly Aussies and Kiwis home on a charter flight.  Looks like Holland will pick up the bill.

I thought a Red Roo was already waiting there?