NYC cruise ships’ Covid exposure

BillDz

The federal government has announced that anyone who lives in or visits New York City should presume to be exposed to covid and should self-quarantine for 14 days if they travel anywhere else.

NCL says that they’ll deny boarding to people exposed to covid.

Can any cruise lines embark passengers in New York City during the next month? NCL has 6 cruises departing from NYC in April.

• Like 1

It's deja vu all over again.  🙂

13 minutes ago, BillDz said:

The federal government has announced that anyone who lives in or visits New York City should presume to be exposed to covid and should self-quarantine for 14 days if they travel anywhere else.

Can any cruise lines embark passengers in New York City during the next month? NCL has 6 cruises departing from NYC in April.

Seems like the first two paragraphs answered your own question.  It ain't happenin'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Holland America is sailing four dead bodies back aboard the Zaandam right now .... ain’t no one sailing anywhere anytime soon especially out of New York.

Just read the news. This is horrible. I wonder why media has been silent all this time. Sometimes it feels like this forum is the only reliable source of information concerning the entire industry. I hope I wont read any other news of this kinds and the rest of the week/month I will read about people enjoying their life and cruises. Take care guys 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BillDz said:

Then why the heck haven’t they canceled our April 22nd cruise out of NYC yet? 😒 No, we aren’t going, but we want a refund in lieu of FCC. 

23 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

Then why the heck haven’t they canceled our April 22nd cruise out of NYC yet?

Exactly. And why are they continuing to sell those cruises on their website?

Well, it's a sales department of a cruise line which hopes to withstand this horrid and outrageouse and unpresendented event.  

IMO, it is unlikely that any cruise will be boarded prior to the advent of full eradication or fully vaccinated public.  What that means to most is that there will be no cruises until the completion of the distribution of the Covid19 vaccination. I doubt this will be accomplished prior to April 2021.... but, who knows.

Your pres. thinks it can be done by this easter.... lolol 😆  

Good luck with that...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rhode Island has their state troopers (national guard troops ??) out stopping anyone driving across stateline with NY license plates.  Florida is now adding their ban on major highways & roads to vehicles with LA license plates (New Orleans outbreak on an alarming spike) 

Pretty soon, individual states will be locking down their own borders ... how "beautiful" is that !!  (sound familiar, huh.)  Anyone coming from/to and back from/to will be subject to a 14 days self-quarantine, at their own expense (or, isolation)  ... But, for your convenience, no 20% surcharge added.  

I doubt any sailings will take place, out of NYC or otherwise, until at least June. We are supposed to sail out of Amsterdam in mid-May but at this point am going so far as to assume it will be cancelled. And, frankly, I hope it is, not because I am afraid of cruising but because I’m afraid of flying since social distancing is literally impossible on a plane.

We were supposed to sail on the Bliss March 15, which as everyone knows by now cancelled. We were already in NYC when it cancelled and stayed an additional 2 days. We self-quarantined after traveling at the request of the state when we went home (we still are) but neither one of us got sick at all, and I have a weak immune system. I didn’t see many sick people when we were there either. NY has a huge population. Yes, the numbers of sick are high, but people should consider this number in relation to the total number of people. But I don’t see cruises out of there for several months.

4 hours ago, GlamorousGirl said:

We were supposed to sail on the Bliss March 15, which as everyone knows by now cancelled. We were already in NYC when it cancelled and stayed an additional 2 days. We self-quarantined after traveling at the request of the state when we went home (we still are) but neither one of us got sick at all, and I have a weak immune system. I didn’t see many sick people when we were there either. .

Guess they don't have very many portable ventilators.  Where would you have seen sick people, did you visit hospitals?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GlamorousGirl said:

I didn’t see many sick people when we were there either. NY has a huge population.

Relative to our population, the incidence of Covid or any other disease is very small. In the last week you'd see a large proportion of people with masks, but few people are outside, most are staying home.

15 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I don’t know what news you’re watching in the USA

I'm looking at NCL.com, where they're still selling cruises leaving NYC just 15 days from now. I can't imagine anybody's buying those, but if they try, I guess nobody will stop them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillDz said:

I'm looking at NCL.com, where they're still selling cruises leaving NYC just 15 days from now. I can't imagine anybody's buying those, but if they try, I guess nobody will stop them.

If they can get fares, deposits off customers it’s money in their bank, all you get back is a promise plus 25%...

• Like 1

We’re approaching 100,000 #COVID19 cases in the U.S.

Cases by state:

▶️ 44,700 New York
▶️ 8,800 New Jersey
▶️ 4,200 California
▶️ 3,200 Washington
▶️ 2,900 Florida 
▶️ 2,800 Michigan
▶️ 2,700 Louisiana 
▶️ 2,500 Illinois
▶️ 2,400 Massachusetts  

And you believe cruises will go ahead this year....save your money 

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

We’re approaching 100,000 #COVID19 cases in the U.S.

Cases by state:

▶️ 44,700 New York
▶️ 8,800 New Jersey
▶️ 4,200 California
▶️ 3,200 Washington
▶️ 2,900 Florida 
▶️ 2,800 Michigan
▶️ 2,700 Louisiana 
▶️ 2,500 Illinois
▶️ 2,400 Massachusetts  

And you believe cruises will go ahead this year....save your money 

Old news. The US passed 100K yesterday and is now at 105K confirmed cases.

9 hours ago, GlamorousGirl said:

I didn’t see many sick people when we were there either.

Of course you didn't see many sick people.The sick people are in hospitals if very seriously ill or in quarantine at home if hospitalization isn't needed. I doubt you visited hospitals or knocked on doors to ask people if they were sick. 

• Haha 2