I am going through cruise withdrawal..anyone else?

sandycruzr

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Cruise Withdrawal ???  Really ???

Feeling " bummed "  over missing a drink ??

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Trust me, they are not having " Cruise Withdrawal " .

IMO--- At a time like this , to have " cruise withdrawal "  is quite selfish.

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

I don't really feel compelled to respond to each and every one of your points... but...

IMO--- At a time like this,  you could move to where the warm is! (but only AFTER your quarantine ends)

4 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

OK i know there are a lot more serious issues in the world right now.  Maybe  this is just a diversion for me from all the doom and gloom in the world right now. I know there are so many people that are suffering and extremely stressed about Coronavirus and all the effects of it both medically and otherwise. I sympathize, I really do. But, I have been in my house for 10 days now and I keep dreaming of being at sea! I feel so fortunate that my family is safe and well but my thoughts keep going back to the sea. Am I alone in this?  Am I suffering from cabin fever so badly that I am fixating on cruising?😎

I have put on my Tux a couple of times...  and sipped a vodka or two in the kitchen, with the stereo playing.

But you're right... it just isn't the same as hanging out at the martini bar! (although MY music is better)

Enjoying life does NOT mean you are unaware, or uncaring... of the tragedies that take place every day.

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

IMO--- At a time like this,  you could move to where the warm is! (but only AFTER your quarantine ends)

LOL--- Move to warm weather climate ---That's a very good suggestion .

I would like to join you Somewhere Out There , have a game of golf , enjoy a brew or two, but NO tux on me--- Grew out of mine 40 lbs ago . 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

With respect--  

We cancelled 2 cruises -- one while we were sitting in Florida counting the days.

As soon as the virus became as serious as it is, we immediately cancelled both cruises and started the process of returning home. 

We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years. 

Speaking only for myself and wife, sometimes for a moment getting away from reality is a good and healthy thing. It's far from being selfish, IMO. Especially when can't fix it. I believe there isn't one person in the CC community that doesn't have compassion toward others and their hardships. I for one applaud the OP for starting this thread. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

With respect--  

We cancelled 2 cruises -- one while we were sitting in Florida counting the days.

As soon as the virus became as serious as it is, we immediately cancelled both cruises and started the process of returning home. 

We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years. 

I think most of us fortunate to cruise are also supporting the small businesses, friends, neighbors and family that are impacted by this pandemic.  No one, literally no one is untouched in some way, but we all need something to dream about and look forward to- without dreams there is nothing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I know we have felt the same way. We had a cruise booked for last January but cancelled due to my surgery. Was planning another for my birthday in April but thats off. So maybe next January but you still need to keep your cruising mojo up.i like TEECEE60’s idea of putting on tux on some music and a vodka in hand.we went on 2 cruises a year but it was all the fun investigating, planning and dreaming to go.hey there old reruns of Love Boat still on..oh well Yes I’m missing the unknown of not knowing when’s things will be back to normal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

You sound so angry. Go book another cruise. May be you will feel better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You sound so angry. Go book another cruise. May be you will feel better. 

Not angry at all .

Just my feeling that there are more important things for ME at this time than experiencing Cruise Withdrawal.

Perhaps you didn't see a recent post that I made :

" We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years " .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Just my feeling that there are more important things for ME at this time than experiencing Cruise Withdrawal.

And yet, with all the angst, turmoil and serious issues going on, here you are posting on an online forum dedicated to cruising.

I understand that there are serious issues going on.  People are sick and dying, people are losing jobs.  However, life does go on for most and we will, as the human race, figure out how to survive.  Personally, since I support online conferencing for a large company I have had to put in 23 hours of overtime so far this week and will be working more tomorrow, but I still have in the back of my mind that I was supposed to have been on a ship heading out to the Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale today.  No one is making light of the situation.  I think we all realize that missing a cruise is a "first world issue," but let's not pretend that none of us are a bit wistful for what we've been planning and looking forward to for weeks, months or even years.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, teecee60 said:

I have put on my Tux a couple of times...  and sipped a vodka or two in the kitchen, with the stereo playing

Cruise on over to the RCI Forum. There is a thread over there titled, "I didn’t cancel my cruise, here’s my review 3/21/20". Fun and clever thread. 

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Not angry at all .

Perhaps you didn't see a recent post that I made :

" We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years " .

Accept your opinion...

However...I am grateful for positive posts.

We have lived long enough to experience ‘dark’ times and even during the darkest times we have found keeping a sense of humour,  happily enjoying reminiscing about better times and always trying to remember “The sun will come out tomorrow...” has kept us going. 

Posts such as this lighten my morning and lift my mood for the day...just contemplating making Bellinis to have with breakfast...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Speaking only for myself and wife, sometimes for a moment getting away from reality is a good and healthy thing. It's far from being selfish, IMO. Especially when can't fix it. I believe there isn't one person in the CC community that doesn't have compassion toward others and their hardships. I for one applaud the OP for starting this thread. 

Well said.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Accept your opinion...

However...I am grateful for positive posts.

We have lived long enough to experience ‘dark’ times and even during the darkest times we have found keeping a sense of humour,  happily enjoying reminiscing about better times and always trying to remember “The sun will come out tomorrow...” has kept us going. 

Posts such as this lighten my morning and lift my mood for the day...just contemplating making Bellinis to have with breakfast...

I will join you with Mimosa or a Margarita smoothie! 😎

Yes, that is it..

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinboy said:

With respect--  

But the nature of this thread was not to negate what is going on in the world.  It was to have a moment of distraction from it.  You are certainly entitled to ponder all the atrocities of the Corona virus, the joblessness, the deaths, the economic destruction, etc. and if by doing so, you feel less selfish than the next guy, well then so be it.  I choose not to continue to dwell on and worry about that which is out of my control.  And so I find this thread to be a nice distraction.  There are plenty of other threads out there that thoroughly discuss the many issues and plights you address in your posts.  Perhaps you'd like to turn your attention to those.

• Like 9

So our last cruise embarked on February 29th for a 7 night Caribbean.  One of the things I wished I had done a better job of is savoring every moment...moments like walking up the gangway on embarkation day or being handed a glass of bubbly when we walked through the door.  We had no idea how much cruising would change and I believe that we were on one of the last voyages to represent cruising as we knew it.  

Our April 11th cruise has been cancelled so I have already begun to research the ingredients of our favorite cocktails so that we can toast to what would have been and pray for the best outcome that is to be.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So our last cruise embarked on February 29th for a 7 night Caribbean.  One of the things I wished I had done a better job of is savoring every moment...moments like walking up the gangway on embarkation day or being handed a glass of bubbly when we walked through the door.  We had no idea how much cruising would change and I believe that we were on one of the last voyages to represent cruising as we knew it.  

Our April 11th cruise has been cancelled so I have already begun to research the ingredients of our favorite cocktails so that we can toast to what would have been and pray for the best outcome that is to be.

Please share some of your favourites.... maybe someone can post their ingredients you seek.

Cheers and bon voyage

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Please share some of your favourites.... maybe someone can post their ingredients you seek.

Cheers and bon voyage

We love and never fail to miss the following:

Bourbon and Peaches, Luminae

Smashy Japanese, Sushi on 5

Tropically Yours, World Class Bar

Sunset, Martini Bar

Maybe we just need to start a "Favorite Drinks" thread...☺️

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Orator said:

For some the fun of cruising is in the planning and anticipation. Two of my cruises were cancelled and I have FCC coming. I''m having fun planning and anticipating my next cruises.

Be well and safe! 

The planning is what I miss so much! Our June b2b will almost certainly be cancelled. We still have our September/October b2b but I’ve not booked any hotels or transfers for that just in case. So going to miss our cruising but we will look forward to getting back and will never take things for granted after all this! Dianne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

But the nature of this thread was not to negate what is going on in the world.  It was to have a moment of distraction from it.  You are certainly entitled to ponder all the atrocities of the Corona virus, the joblessness, the deaths, the economic destruction, etc. and if by doing so, you feel less selfish than the next guy, well then so be it.  I choose not to continue to dwell on and worry about that which is out of my control.  And so I find this thread to be a nice distraction.  

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Speaking only for myself and wife, sometimes for a moment getting away from reality is a good and healthy thing. It's far from being selfish, IMO. Especially when can't fix it. I believe there isn't one person in the CC community that doesn't have compassion toward others and their hardships. I for one applaud the OP for starting this thread

11 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

I understand that there are serious issues going on.  People are sick and dying, people are losing jobs.  However, life does go on for most and we will, as the human race, figure out how to survive. 

No one is making light of the situation. 

I think we all realize that missing a cruise is a "first world issue," but let's not pretend that none of us are a bit wistful for what we've been planning and looking forward to for weeks, months or even years.

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

Accept your opinion...  However...I am grateful for positive posts.

Posts such as this lighten my morning and lift my mood for the day...

++ Well said 👍.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The OP sandycruzr's post was trying to be lighthearted and steer us away from the Gloom & Doom (herein referred to as GD- interpet that as you wish😉).  There are many many GD threads here and elsewhere, and also the GD TV news, and the GD internet news,  and the GD list goes on and on.  We are sick of this GD virus.  We are sick of this GD isolation.  Many are healthy but are still mentally suffering one way or another.  In particular "Gloom and Doom All The Time" is bad for the soul.  Yes we understand it.  Yes we occasionally want to be distracted from it.  If any of you cannot be part of a more lighthearted thread right now, understandable.  Very very understandable! But there are plenty of GD places for you to go instead of this thread.😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Sorry I didn’t think I was being selfish at all.
As I said in my post..I feel true compassion for all.  It’s just a diversion!  And it’s OK for you NOT to have “cruise withdrawal “ I won’t judge you for not sharing my views.  At a time like this, I am trying to practice positivity! 

Peace...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

Sorry I didn’t think I was being selfish at all.
As I said in my post..I feel true compassion for all.  It’s just a diversion!  And it’s OK for you NOT to have “cruise withdrawal “ I won’t judge you for not sharing my views.  At a time like this, I am trying to practice positivity! 

Peace...

Well said....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1