I am going through cruise withdrawal..anyone else?

sandycruzr

On 4/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, Bo1953 said:

LOL t - it is ONLY illegal if the State Police is there to witness...

Since PA State Stores are now accepting orders and shipping, you can get it online, unless it is more economical to get it from NJ?

Cheers and bon voyage

I have been going to the PA Wine & Spirits web site for the last 3 days.  They even sent me an email with a link to order booze.  But every time I go there it is closed down.  Not able to access it at all.  Typical PA.😡

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I have been going to the PA Wine & Spirits web site for the last 3 days.  They even sent me an email with a link to order booze.  But every time I go there it is closed down.  Not able to access it at all.  Typical PA.😡

Could this be the reason why...? 😉
Don't give up yet, Rick!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/liquor-sales-online-pennsylvania/2349937/

Edited by C-Dragons

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Could this be the reason why...? 😉
Don't give up yet, Rick!

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/liquor-sales-online-pennsylvania/2349937/

Yes that is exactly the reason.  That is the screen that comes up.  But on the other hand the state of PA could at least temporarily suspend the law that excludes us from buying wine and liquor online from other states with online vendors that would deliver here.  Give us a break PA!

48 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

t - I Am still willing to do a run for you!

Just let me know.. buddy, most happy to oblige.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 4:39 PM, FlorenceItaly said:

No!  We disembarked a 51 night cruise on December 18.  It was a fabulous cruise but TOO long.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would feel that way, LOL.

Hi Guys,

How are you doing.  We are doing good.  Jim is still riding his bike around Del Webb, he did 170 miles last week alone.  We got our river cruise canceled for May.  Hopefully, we will be on the 14 day Alaska trip in August.  I'm having withdrawal from cruising.  Also you guys are missing all your traveling around the country that should have started next month.

Jackie & Jim

On 3/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, ECCruise said:

No.  We got off an affected cruise 2 weeks ago.  

Not again for quite a while.

I feel for you guys.  The world is a cruel place.  Hope your home safe & healthy

• Like 1

Our cruise out of Auckland, New Zealand was cancelled. However, we still had our Cruise Critic Sail Away Party and didn't miss our Muster Drill. Even had a beer doing our Muster Drill. Making the best of it!

party.jpg

Muster drill.jpg

Edited by Ruth
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Today we should have been up at stupid o'clock to do the dash to the airport ( 1 1/2 hours away) to catch a flight to Melbourne for a quick 2 dayer.  This is in prep for our big trip to the USA at the end of the month, where we were doing 3 cruises back-to-back.  Last cruise would have been my first at Elite level with Princess.  Yaaay, free mini bar!!

Instead I am working (essential business) in my office, it is grey and dinghey outside.  Trying to keep the positive outlook that as Princess have been so generous with the future cruises, I will be spending a lot of time cruising next year! (maybe even later this year.  Wont be able to do the USA, but love cruising round Aussie and the Islands).

Just feels weird not knowing when next cruise will be.  But we are healthy, and life will return to some sort of new normal, hopefully in a few weeks time.  Next time I go, I will be on top of all my work, rather than being stressed before and after trying to achieve that.

Hope you are all safe and look forward to meeting new Cruisers soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 5:48 PM, ECCruise said:

No.  We got off an affected cruise 2 weeks ago.  

Not again for quite a while.

what cruise and were you ok -- we got off a cruise on March 18 which became our cruise to nowhere -- lost 4 ports and had strict sanitation rules -- crew of Oceania were outstanding to protect and sanitize everything -- we were lucky with no problems.

• Like 1

I booked on a cruise at the end of the year but struggling to see why I should still go. Seem like they are floated buckets of germs at the moment. 1/3 of deaths in Australia from cruise ships 

3 minutes ago, chrisg5 said:

I booked on a cruise at the end of the year but struggling to see why I should still go. Seem like they are floated buckets of germs at the moment. 1/3 of deaths in Australia from cruise ships 

Key words "at the moment" I kinda hope that they would be sanitized by then. I am certainly hoping the Celebrity Eclipse will be sanitized and deemed safe to enter the territorial waters of New Zealand and Australia by January 2021 and more importantly for us that my diabetic wife will be permitted to board the ship; if they do allow her to board we hope that New Zealand and Australia will let these 2 Canadians set foot in their Countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pinboy said:

Cruise Withdrawal ???  Really ???

Feeling " bummed "  over missing a drink ??

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Trust me, they are not having " Cruise Withdrawal " .

IMO--- At a time like this , to have " cruise withdrawal "  is quite selfish.

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

I was l just looking at pics of Norway. We arrived home 3/9, having completed one of my husband's greatest dreams. To stand on the deck of the Fram and to sail into the arctic circle. Our next trip, scheduled for January 2021, is to Antarctica. We don't know if that will happen, but how very fortunate we are. He speaks of it every day.

We are well. We have discussed the fact that, in all likelihood, should he contract Covid-19, he will not survive. Finding joy when in extrimis is a survival tool, so dream of a future on the other side of this. Without that, our futures look to be ashes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, Fun lovin said:

We were to cruise on the Apex on June 27th-relatively new to cruising  -this was to be our third cruise and we were very excited about it. We had only booked in January -on our wedding anniversary-it was my gift to my husband and myself! Had joined our Roll Call and started to get to know some of our fellow cruisers.  We had hoped to cruise last year but had to defer as my MIL was ill.  Anyway not meant to be- so I hope , I dream and I pray for June 2021 and that trip on the Apex.

Hello I understand I'm waiting to sail on the EDGE in Nov 2021

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 7:20 PM, Pinboy said:

Cruise Withdrawal ???  Really ???

Feeling " bummed "  over missing a drink ??

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Trust me, they are not having " Cruise Withdrawal " .

IMO--- At a time like this , to have " cruise withdrawal "  is quite selfish.

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

I couldn't agree more.  We cancelled a Bahamas cruise three days before Princess shut down operations.  Were we disappointed - not really.  My first reaction honestly was "OMG - the entire travel industry is in a state of upheaval".   But, then I began thinking of more and more "groups" who have been affected (including those mentioned above).  As an educator and former teacher, my heart grieves every day for the teachers (the extra amount of time and effort they are putting in to facilitate e-learning is mindboggling),  the students all over the world who are doing the best they can with e-learning, the students who will be graduating this year (in particular from high school) who have essentially lost the best semester of their high school career,  parents, etc.,etc.   I have started a list of what I am accomplishing with what I am calling MY "Gift of extra time".  Although I am working from home, it is no where near as demanding as so many others....dh kids me that I am getting a taste of the retirement life... albeit with many restrictions these day!  LOL!  I wish there were something I could do for so many who are suffering, but pray that my own sheltering in place and prayers are of at least some help.  So, for me, although I grieve for many, I am rejoicing over my unexpected GIFT OF EXTRA TIME!

• Like 3

On 3/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, sandycruzr said:

OK i know there are a lot more serious issues in the world right now.  Maybe  this is just a diversion for me from all the doom and gloom in the world right now. I know there are so many people that are suffering and extremely stressed about Coronavirus and all the effects of it both medically and otherwise. I sympathize, I really do. But, I have been in my house for 10 days now and I keep dreaming of being at sea! I feel so fortunate that my family is safe and well but my thoughts keep going back to the sea. Am I alone in this?  Am I suffering from cabin fever so badly that I am fixating on cruising?😎

Getting outside - even if for a little bit - each day - REALLY DOES HELP!  I am so grateful that this hit in my favorite season of the year, and it IS feeling, smelling, and looking like spring finally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, Spif Barwunkel said:

I have no cruise or lava cake withdrawal symptoms. On the other hand, my wife is showing signs of abolition. She will exit the bed on the port side and make her way to the dining room, being sure to let the room steward know that she would like the room to be made-up before her return. She calls the room steward, honey. I'm okay with that and it seems the room is indeed tidy and neat when she returns from breakfast.

As she gets more into a beautiful day she will occasionally order room service on the balcony porch, making absolutely sure that the waiter knows how much his prompt service is appreciated. She calls the waiter, honey. I'm okay with that because it's great service with a smile.  

As evening approaches, it's Martini, Old Fashioned, or wine time at her favorite bar. The bartender has gotten to know her well and can tell by the look on her face what she desires. Immediately, her drink of choice is delivered. There is no Martini Flight extravaganza this night. She says, "I am okay with that, honey."

Following a delicious meal in the MDR and an entertaining show(s), she returns to the room where the bed is attractively turned down, awaiting her arrival. There are no chocolates on the pillow, by request. She is on a diet. When ready, she gets into bed from the port side. She will not fall asleep for awhile, too busy reading, answering texts and checking out activities for the next day.

So you see, no cruise or lava cake withdrawals for me. On the other hand, my wife, well you get the idea....honey.

lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Professor Plum said:

Today we should have been up at stupid o'clock to do the dash to the airport 

LOL!  LOVE it!  "Up at stupid o'clock" - sounds like us many times.  We only live about 15-20 minutes from the airport, but given the numbers who travel through ORD, and given that we're usually travelling during peak times, I always allow 3 hours before flight departure for us to get to the airport, check in, go through security, and make our way to the gate at a leisurely pace!   So, for a 6 am flight, that means getting up at 2 am (yep, I move like a turtle in the morning), hope the cab arrives at 3, arrive at the airport by 4, check in, go through security, and then trudge through the airport to our gate - 99.9% of the time it is in another terminal, and the very very last gate of course!  Anyway,  I think I'll add "stupid o'clock" to my vocabulary!  Thanks!

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, ABoatNerd said:

No withdrawal.

The stark realities of cruising are increasingly laid bare to the world. Excellent.

Add in constant downgrading, ignoring non suite class, offshore ownership, constant hiding behind the "contract", cruising is getting what it deserves.

Consumers will hopefully expand their vacation options analysis because there is a big world of travel methods out there.

But, there is nothing like a cruise!!

The only way to travel and relax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 11:07 PM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Nope, Celebrity left all my March 15th fellow passengers stranded in Chile, return flights on their own.  With all the sneaky infections being covered up off of 3 X ships now, I don't wish to possibly have infected others in the community.  

I continue to be amazed at the outcry in 2015, when Celebrity cut the fresh squeezed OJ from the buffet, the vast majority on CC threatening to quit, "How much more of these cuts can we take?  Which line should we jump to?

Fast forward to 2020, and people's lives are literally put at risk from deceit, thousands of dollars in airfare responsibility avoidance, but hey, I guess no new changes to the orange juice.

We just got off Oceania on March 18th.  Many out of the country passengers had to be rerouted due to the states not allowing foreign passengers to come into the states to fly home.  Passengers with bookings through the cruise line were accommodated and those with independent flight arrangements were offered assistance, but with no guarantees that they could be accommodated.  All in all, they did an outstanding job of assisting passengers.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:31 PM, Pinboy said:

Not sure what the HAHA smile means . Is it making fun of what I posted ?

Your post is right on. With the world corona virus pandemic, cruising is furthest thing on my mind, we should concentrate in trying to beat this beast. Stay your distance and be safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joelda said:

what cruise and were you ok -- we got off a cruise on March 18 which became our cruise to nowhere -- lost 4 ports and had strict sanitation rules -- crew of Oceania were outstanding to protect and sanitize everything -- we were lucky with no problems.

Azamara Quest from Cape Town to Dubai.  Missed 6 of the ports and for a good while had no idea where would be able to disembark since the UAE refused us.  Nowhere else within thousands of miles was accepting cruise ships.  Eventually Oman (big hugs to our Middle Eastern saviors) allowed us to disembark but that meant everyone on the ship changing air reservations, hotels, etc. etc.  Azamara was beyond wonderful in every way.

But cruise withdrawal?  Not a lick.  No way I would get back on a ship under these conditions.  We have 11 sailings booked in the next 18 months or so, all over the world, and not sure that any of them will actually sail.

Time to savor the memories we have and cherish and not cry over what may never be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joelda said:

We just got off Oceania on March 18th.  Many out of the country passengers had to be rerouted due to the states not allowing foreign passengers to come into the states to fly home.  Passengers with bookings through the cruise line were accommodated and those with independent flight arrangements were offered assistance, but with no guarantees that they could be accommodated.  All in all, they did an outstanding job of assisting passengers.

Good to hear, and glad you made it home safe.  We have a future cruise certificate with Azamara, but Oceania is the more financially viable option for us in the luxury-light market.  Definitely on the bucket list.

We have so many stored memories and pictures of all of our trips. It is nice remembering and going over them. Each one represents a little glimmer of hope for future trips. When stressed think Bermuda! My favorite phrase. As long as everyone practices social distancing, takes proper precautions and keeps develops proper eating habits to strengthen one's immunity, we can get through this.

Stay safe and well. Remember Bermuda awaits!

• Like 1