VEENDAM AND NIEUW AMSTERDAM IN PORT EVERGLADES SAT 28 MAR 2020

Copper10-8

For those of you used to watching the sail-aways out of Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades, HAL's Veendam will be making a rare appearance today, Saturday, March 28, 2020 in order to take on fuel, water and some stores, as well as a small bit of crew turnover. She is due in at 0530 hrs and going to berth 19. Prelim departure is scheduled for 9:00 PM

One hour later at 0630 hrs, HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled in Port Everglades for the same purpose, and is assigned her routine berth 26. Prelim departure is scheduled for 4:00 PM -

You've got to watch Nieuw A's departure for a surprise from her captain as she goes by the condos!! 

The third cruise ship in port on Saturday is CCL's Carnival Sunrise, arriving at 0800 hrs. local and assigned berth 04

The webcams can be found at:

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think I can actually see my veranda for what would have been the April 28 sailing around the Mediterranean!  I know cancelling a cruise is not the worst of what it happening, but it still makes me sad.  It was to have been a lovely reunion with best friends.  Not sure when we will be able to do it again.  I may try for a solo cruise with my FCC - but not until all this blows over.  Stay safe and healthy - that is the most important thing right now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

For those of you used to watching the sail-aways out of Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades, HAL's Veendam will be making a rare appearance today, Saturday, March 28, 2020 in order to take on fuel, water and some stores, as well as a small bit of crew turnover. She is due in at 0530 hrs and going to berth 19. Prelim departure is scheduled for 9:00 PM

One hour later at 0630 hrs, HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled in Port Everglades for the same purpose, and is assigned her routine berth 26. Prelim departure is scheduled for 4:00 PM -

You've got to watch Nieuw A's departure for a surprise from her captain as she goes by the condos!! 

The third cruise ship in port on Saturday is CCL's Carnival Sunrise, arriving at 0800 hrs. local and assigned berth 04

The webcams can be found at:

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Thank you, John!

53 minutes ago, neuronbob said:

I was supposed to be stepping off Nieuw Amsterdam today.  238 days and counting until rescheduled cruise on her!

So you are booked on the first Caribbean cruise for NADM in November 2020.  We are booked on the trans Atlantic which will, hopefully, still go, providing of course that NADM makes it over to this side of the pond in June/July or so! 🤞  We are 223 days and counting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neuronbob said:

I was supposed to be stepping off Nieuw Amsterdam today.  238 days and counting until rescheduled cruise on her!

Us too. Bittersweet to see her today. But oh it is nice to see cruise ships in port again even if only for supplies. 

• Like 1