VEENDAM AND NIEUW AMSTERDAM IN PORT EVERGLADES SAT 28 MAR 2020

Copper10-8

13 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Thanks, John. Just returned from Florida, but I’ll be watching later. Any news on Zandam? Did she dock in Lauderdale?

Still off Panama, Carol. Heard the Dutch government (she's Dutch-flagged like all other dam ships) is now involved in attempting to persuade the Panamanians to allow her to transit the canal. If unsuccessful, she'll be heading north in the Pacific. Be safe Carol! 

29 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Thanks, John. Just returned from Florida, but I’ll be watching later. Any news on Zandam? Did she dock in Lauderdale?

29 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Zaandam is still off the Panama coast with sick passengers and the Rotterdam aiding the Zaandam.

We had been booked in a Neptune Suite for the April 1st Veendam cruise. So sad we had to cancel but totally approve of the cruise lines having to shut down operations. We are booked on her again out of Tampa in Dec. and hope we get to go. Keep social distancing and keep well everyone!

46 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Carol, IIRC you were a fan of Mark Ferris.  He's home in Chicago and for the duration he is doing something called "Mark's Quarantine Cabaret".  You might want to have a look:

https://www.facebook.com/markfarrisentertainer/videos/vb.1438311833101166/680777029327864/?type=2&theater

Roy

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Carol, IIRC you were a fan of Mark Ferris.  He's home in Chicago and for the duration he is doing something called "Mark's Quarantine Cabaret".  You might want to have a look:

https://www.facebook.com/markfarrisentertainer/videos/vb.1438311833101166/680777029327864/?type=2&theater

Roy   

Thanks, Roy. I was a fan and have been getting his music on my Facebook page. Stay safe.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

So you are booked on the first Caribbean cruise for NADM in November 2020.  We are booked on the trans Atlantic which will, hopefully, still go, providing of course that NADM makes it over to this side of the pond in June/July or so! 🤞  We are 223 days and counting!

Thanks in advance for keeping it warm for us!  😄

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

Us too. Bittersweet to see her today. But oh it is nice to see cruise ships in port again even if only for supplies. 

The cams make that so easy to "be there".  I've not been on many cruises, but I am now hooked on that Cruise Life, including watching the ships come in.

New Rochelle, NY , where this virus started in NY is our former home town and we still have family there. Thankfully, they are ok and the containment order has been lifted for the city. This hit very close to home.

Thank you John!  I hope to be here.  I like surprises, too!  We are hunkering down at home, but running out of necessities, like tp and pinot grigio!  Decisions will have to be made.  

The waters are very quiet.  No little boats wandering around.  But other than that, it could be a normal day in Port Everglades...

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Fifty years ago I taught a Mark Ferris when he was a freshman in High School.  I wonder if it was this man's father.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Himself said:

Fifty years ago I taught a Mark Ferris when he was a freshman in High School.  I wonder if it was this man's father.

His last name is spelled Farris. His father was also a piano player, but I don’t know what is name is.

5 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

His last name is spelled Farris. His father was also a piano player, but I don’t know what is name is.

His father's name is Gene.  He grew up in Peoria.  It's not on the limited list of videos I can see without being on Facebook but there is one with Mark performing with his dad.  Until his death,  Gene performed at Jim's Steakhouse in Peoria.  Mark did some cabaret shows on the main stage where he would play a personalized video of his dad performing and sing along with him in a half remote duet.

Roy

Thanks Copper John for posting this.  I was checking to see if there was anything new on Zaandam & Rotterdam, and noticed what I thought was an old sailaway notice until I checked the date!  With less than 1 hour until NA's sailaway, I will stay online to see and hear the surprise!  

I do hope they will let both ships thru the Canal and soon.  

• Like 1

NA has moved from "Scheduled" for 1600 to "Confirmed" for 1600.  Not always reliable but that's what the schedule says.

I see Nieuw Statendam tomorrow from 0700 to 1700.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice look (on the PE cam), from afar, of superyacht Azteca, owned by Mexican businessman Ricardo Salinas Pliego. He is the founder and chairman of Grupo Salinas, a group of companies with interests in telecommunications, media (TV Azteca), financial services, and retail stores. He is also the third richest person in Mexico and 110th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of US$13.2 billion in February 2020

2496305.jpg

Azteca-09.jpg

Azteca-12.jpg

Azteca-15.jpg

Azteca-31.jpg

Azteca-25.jpg

9 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nice look (on the PE cam), from afar, of superyacht Azteca, owned by Mexican businessman Ricardo Salinas Pliego. He is the founder and chairman of Grupo Salinas, a group of companies with interests in telecommunications, media (TV Azteca), financial services, and retail stores. He is also the third richest person in Mexico and 110th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of US$13.2 billion in February 2020

2496305.jpg

Azteca-09.jpg

Azteca-12.jpg

Azteca-15.jpg

Azteca-31.jpg

Azteca-25.jpg

A real "Pinnacle Suite"!😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

2496305.jpg

@Copper10-8, do you happen to know the purpose of the tall gray (black?) structure on the foredeck?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 1