When will "All be clear"

Narcussist

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I have one in December.  I will cancel for sure.  No one will be safe if there is no vaccine.  I am hoping that when there is one, they will make everyone show proof of vaccination.  They are making the over 70 group  submit a health certificate from your Dr.  I don’t see how anyone can go before there is a vaccine.  It will not be safe no matter what they sanitize.

There have been many posts on CC where posters are reporting their physicians won't sign it because of perceived liability issues.  

5 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I have one in December.  I will cancel for sure.  No one will be safe if there is no vaccine.  I am hoping that when there is one, they will make everyone show proof of vaccination.  They are making the over 70 group  submit a health certificate from your Dr.  I don’t see how anyone can go before there is a vaccine.  It will not be safe no matter what they sanitize.

What about all post-covid people there will be since they have the antibody from the virus? With all the millions who will contract this and survive, they will generally have immunity, at least until a vaccine. Why could they not travel? At the rate this is spreading in communities there will be millions who contract the virus. Couldn’t they just require a test to show you have the antibody? To say all cruise travel is banned for 12-18 months until there is a vaccine seems.. unrealistic to say the least. 

Edited by poz222
Remove quoted
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I have no proof, but I believe there are a lot more cases of COVID 19 in Texas than reported.  I don’t believe that cruises will start back until August at the earliest.  The middle of the country is starting to have more cases.  Houston and the surrounding areas are very densely populated.  

I can only comment on what is going on in Florida where I live, but I find it hard to imagine any cruises departing from Florida within the next several months. Things are bad down here and are only getting worse every day. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I can only comment on what is going on in Florida where I live, but I find it hard to imagine any cruises departing from Florida within the next several months. Things are bad down here and are only getting worse every day. 

I have been telling my family and friends that I believe there will be more cases and people dying from COVID19 in Florida than in New York.  Older population and the governor was late to the game.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poz222 said:

What about all post-covid people there will be since they have the antibody from the virus? With all the millions who will contract this and survive, they will generally have immunity, at least until a vaccine. Why could they not travel? At the rate this is spreading in communities there will be millions who contract the virus. Couldn’t they just require a test to show you have the antibody? To say all cruise travel is banned for 12-18 months until there is a vaccine seems.. unrealistic to say the least. 

I’m not saying that there won’t be cruises in the next 12-18 months.  Just saying I am 72 with no underlying conditions and I won’t be on them till I get a vaccine.  Yes, I would feel ok if people had certificates saying that they had antibodies.  It is not unrealistic for me or any person over 70 to decline to cruise without a vaccine.  It is reckless and risky to put yourself on a cruise ship after what we have just seen play out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact there will be another strand to mutate off this. Might there be a vaccine for Covid-19 by then possibly. Will it be effective for for next round?

I wouldn't cruise for at least a year. As Covid-19 changes daily on projection ( here in Ohio they are saying mid May to peak) it just a guessing game. 

It will  be interesting on Monday what the cruise lines say. One can be hopeful or realistic. Right now with cruises that's a fine line.

You may be correct but the last two Caronavirus outbreaks - SARS and MERS mutated into illnesses that didn’t effect humans. So I hope you are correct and Covid 19 does the same thing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Do you happen to have a reference for this statement?

"Donald said that the company is prepared for a cruising pause to last for the rest of the year, but he thinks the industry will come back stronger."  https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Carnival-CEO-talks-coronavirus-crisis-on-HBO-show

Edited by CRocks
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CRocks said:

I didn't say ALL THAT, you did!

I was clarifying what you said because there are a lot of comments being posted by users who watch these videos and read articles or statements from Carnival, then they come here and make over-generalized statements based on their own misinterpretations. They post portions of what they've heard or read out of context, which alters the meaning of what's actually being said to the public. Then that misinformation is picked up by other users and spreads. Take, for example, your choice of words that Carnival Corp's CEO said, "they are prepared to shutter for the remaining of the year." That could easily be misunderstood by someone who might think he said they are actually planning to remain shut down for the rest of the year. But that's not what he said. They've merely taken steps to financially protect themselves IF it comes to that, as any business should (if capable of doing so).

I’m scheduled on Panorama June 27. Seeing how we are on lock down in California until at least May it seems 10000% unrealistic that she would sail a month later. Even if it did I wouldn’t be on it. No way to ensure a safe population that quickly and I’m of the mindset it’s going to get worse before it gets better. I’ve been going back and forth for days over whether to make final payment which is due today.

If I do pay it it’s because I want carnival to cancel and not me so I can get all my cash back or an OBC and rebooking window large enough to make it worth them holding onto it. However the possibility of them filing Bankruptcy in a year or so with my cash in hand OR them somehow sailing in June anyway makes me want to just cancel now and just be out $100.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, mek said:

Just curious if there isn't a vaccine,(which definitely won't happen), or suddenly an effective treatment, (which is slightly possible), what makes you think any ship is going to start sailing the end of May?

I don’t believe this virus will be gone even by May. We haven’t even peaked yet. 

I would forget about cruising this year. Really nothing to hope for, at least for this summer for sure. I wonder what people are planning for this year anyway..how many decided to keep up with cruising this year? Are you sure it will worth it? I would rather go to the beaches of California..visit Canada or something or just travel within the country 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, NYcruzzer said:

My guess is that Carnival will do a slow rollout end of May. Starting with Florida, SC, and Texas.Do not think NYC will be ready for sailings before July at the earliest.  I also think Carnival will pull all ships from NYC this season. 

Florida, I'd disagree, we're still on the upswing especially around the Ports!

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Might as well listen to Donald Duck!

Maybe, since many crew members have been sent home, (watching a few crew members on youtube from different cruise lines) and who knows when they can be cleared to return!

Our next cruise is on the transatlantic one on the Anthem in November. This will be cancelled.

Our next one after that is another transatlantic one on the Anthem in April 21. I think it’s possible we may be able to enjoy that one - I do not expect any cruises to be happening before that.

20 hours ago, Doggielover68 said:

Until you bring together thousands of guests from all over the US, who are exposed to other people in transit to the ship. The ship is only clean until 1 sick/exposed person gets on it. 

I agree. A scrubbed down ship means nothing if somebody gets onboard sick.

We cruised a few years back on a ship that had noro the week before. We were delayed getting on as they were thoroughly cleaning the ship. We didn't leave until about 10pm.

Our 7 day cruise turned into a 5 day cruise to nowhere as the noro raised it's ugly head again. So many had it CDC ordered us back to FLL.

I hope there will be cruises soon but with the cruise lines sending their folks home, and the president saying were are closed for at least another month, I am afraid the cruise industry will be forever changed. Thankfully, Trump did say he wants ships sailing again. But when they resume I am afraid there will be a lot less ships and eventually prices will be greatly increased

On 3/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, NYcruzzer said:

Do you really think cruiselines are going to wait another 15 months for a vaccine before sailing ? 

Quite possibly yes given that authorities will make them liable for ANY issues arrise as a fresult of Covid19. Gone will be the goodwill that is in short supply right now, just look at Australia telling ships to bugger and go somewhere else with your infected ship. 

Unless given the all clear by the authorities cruisers will be on their own next time they step foot on a vessel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

Who cares if the cruise lines allow you to go?  No one will be safe without a vaccine!

They could find a treatment that works. Many different medications are being tested.   It will also help when they roll out the testing that shows the results within minutes, which will help decrease the spread.  It's possible that the people who get it may have some type of immunity. A lot can happen within a few months.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, NYcruzzer said:

Do you really think cruiselines are going to wait another 15 months for a vaccine before sailing ? 

What makes you think it is their choice?  All it takes is a policy to refuse docking if they get a case on board. 

The lines are really going to have to push the safety aspect to draw in customers after these uncertain times pass, ships don't have that great of a reputation as it is.  If another incident happened leaving ships stuck at sea in quarantine after the fresh start it would kill the industry.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 12:08 AM, poz222 said:

You plan is only viable if the virus does to mutate into different strains such as we see with influenza.  It is too early to even speculate on that.