Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

Wondering if they will even continue with the revolutions with all that is going on. We were planning on booking the Constellation for February, so hoping they will continue! 

Edited by ciera123

38 minutes ago, ciera123 said:

Wondering if they will even continue with the revolutions with all that is going on. We were planning on booking the Constellation for February, so hoping they will continue! 

I don't know, I suspect they will postpone at the very least, but it may be that they have already paid for the ones coming up in May.  Just would like Celebrity to let us know as Royal has let people know about the ones they had planned.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 1

Can someone explain to me the fascination with the Celebrity "Revolution?"

I see absolutely nothing that would appeal to us.  No proper table on the balcony, degrading of furniture in the cabin, turning a cozy Michael's Club into a sterile Retreat. I guess the Retreat sun deck might appeal to some but we would never use it.

Am I missing something?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Can someone explain to me the fascination with the Celebrity "Revolution?"

I see absolutely nothing that would appeal to us.  No proper table on the balcony, degrading of furniture in the cabin, turning a cozy Michael's Club into a sterile Retreat. I guess the Retreat sun deck might appeal to some but we would never use it.

Am I missing something?

All I know is the last time we were on Connie, it needed to be refurbished and I like VERY much what I've seen of the Summit redo.  I DO agree with you on the "S" class ships...not needed at all.

• Like 2

Just curious as to whom you think will be available to do the work when all of Europe and North America are in lockdown. Every indication is that we are in the early stages of the cycle....it took China about 10 weeks to go through the process and they were able to enforce a lock down almost immediately.  do not see this project proceeding in May.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

Just curious as to whom you think will be available to do the work when all of Europe and North America are in lockdown. Every indication is that we are in the early stages of the cycle....it took China about 10 weeks to go through the process and they were able to enforce a lock down almost immediately.  do not see this project proceeding in May.

No idea about who will do the work.  All I know is Royal has ACTUALLY announced that two of their ships will NOT be renovated...just waiting to see if the same holds true for Celebrity.

We booked this ship for February based on the revolution.  Really looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck, with four days at sea.  If they don't do the revolution, wondering if that will be considered a reason they will allow cancellation? (I booked non refundable deposit rate). I feel like it should be, it's not as advertised.

7 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

We booked this ship for February based on the revolution.  Really looking forward to the Retreat Sundeck, with four days at sea.  If they don't do the revolution, wondering if that will be considered a reason they will allow cancellation? (I booked non refundable deposit rate). I feel like it should be, it's not as advertised.

We are in the exact same situation but for January. Guess we just have to wait and see. 

Just now, Notaworryintheworld said:

We are in the exact same situation but for January. Guess we just have to wait and see. 

I would think we'd know something soon.  The revolution was scheduled to start in a few weeks.  I may call in a week or two, if something isn't posted.

Probably easier to write-off an asset than trying to make it profitable at all for the next few years. They wont need the capacity for some time. I think we've just seen the end of the Mega-Ship (5000 PX+Crew).

We are booked on the  Constellation from Tampa for Jan 2021 ( and also Jan 2022).

For 2021, we booked a suite at a great rate when the itins of Connie were  changed. We need to take this cruise to use our Future Cruise Credit from when we cancelled Summit for this May. Would be great if it was refurbed but will be fine either way,

Hope to hear more about the plans for Connie

I think even the management for X would figure that out.

Wonder if  LLP or Royal CEO is making the final decisions.

Also hoping the future sailings ( if the cruise line survives the crisis ) will not have even more cutbacks to save money. 

For now, we  just hope passengers are returned safely from all ships still at sea!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Also hoping the future sailings ( if the cruise line survives the crisis ) will not have even more cutbacks to save money. 

For now, we  just hope passengers are returned safely from all ships still at sea!

Totally agree, hoping everyone returns home safely.  Should have said that in my original post.  I can't imagine what they and their families must be going through. 

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Amen to that, truly all that is important right now.

We had booked our New Zealand cruise for January 2021 partly on the fact that Eclipse was supposed to do the "Revolution" in November of this year and would be quite fresh when we cruised. Of course that was pushed back and we nearly canceled because of it. We decided to keep the booking because we had a great rate with good perks and our concierge class cabin had the larger balcony.

Like one other poster said there is very little on the S Class revolution that benefits the non suite cruiser. The conversion of Cellar Masters to Craft Central would appeal to me maybe. Losing half of the Sky lounge to a suite that is bigger than my fairly large house would not appeal to me. So for me, be less revolutionary and change over Craft central, refurbish the common areas where the vast majority of your guests are and remember the suites even though they are expensive don't pay the bills.

16 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

Earliest works can commence in May, but as things are going it might end up being June which wouldn't be a bad thing as if a mediternaean cruise season can happen it's most realistically at this stage as of July.

Yes ineed, Constellation is in need of a refurbishment, assuming most of the works have been paid for upfront it would make sense to have the full revolution be completed now. The ship is aimed to remain foranother 10 years max +-, hence such major refurbishment doesn't make sense to be performed at the next drydock in 5 years. Also by then what was planned for now would not be to the highest standards and needs then, hence a new concept would need to be developed which involves again extra costs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Wondered if they're going forward with Revolutionizing the Constellation as planned.  I read somewhere it was to start late March.  Anyone hear anything?

Constellation is in the Med at this time.  She is scheduled for Revolutionizing in late April/May timeframe, with first sailing scheduled at this time for 26 May out of Barcelona.  With all that is happening at this time, I am not optimistic that the Rev will take place.  I'm just hoping sailings open up and they are back in business, Rev or not,  in late July/August.  🍷 

hmmm,  we're booked on the Connie for next May (this was to replace our cancelled Dubai to Athens Suez canal cruise)   paid a premium rice for a suite based on the idea that the revolution would take place & we'd be using the retreat & retreat sundeck...  like the idea of "ship within a ship"   if the improvements/upgrades do not take place I'll be looking for substantial discounts on what we paid....  Love the one of a kind itinerary, but I want the full suite perks advertised & paid for, or there needs to be a substantial price adjustment if they are selling me a ship with outdated furnishings & no private outdoor areas.