Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

On 8/6/2020 at 9:48 PM, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Someone please post on Cruise Critic once the time the Amsterdam goes through the Canal is known.  would love to watch one of the webcams to view her last transit.

Ms Amsterdam is expected to reach Hoek of Holland at around 0600am local time this Saturday August 15 and it seems the ship will sail to the Cruise Port terminal where it is expected at around 07.30 am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FRANKIEDNYC said:

Our luggage from the Grand World CruiSe should be enjoying a nice trip through  the Panama Canal today!

Yea, I am looking for it in mid to late September.  Not sure the process once it arrives in Florida, sorting, tagging shipping etc.

1 hour ago, FRANKIEDNYC said:

Our luggage from the Grand World CruiSe should be enjoying a nice trip through  the Panama Canal today!

Gulf Bridge arrives off Panama today, but I doubt that anyone paid for an appointment or expedited entry into the Canal.

According to authorities

“The waiting times for ships have been restored to normal levels. The line is 45 ships, which represents a maximum waiting time of two days,”  ACP’s statement reads.

which places Gulf Bridge in line for entering the Canal on Saturday or Sunday

Edited by richwmn

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Gulf Bridge has arrived in the queue for the Panama Canal.  To be in Houston August 18 as scheduled, she needs to clear the canal by Saturday.

Roy

And judging by the ship measurements on Marine Traffic, she will need to use the new locks.  EM

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:22 AM, samsonmo said:

Ms Amsterdam is expected to reach Hoek of Holland at around 0600am local time this Saturday August 15 and it seems the ship will sail to the Cruise Port terminal where it is expected at around 07.30 am.

Ms Amsterdam expected at the Cruise Port terminal Rotterdam August 15 at around 09.00 and will leave there for dry dock on Sunday August 16 at approx 10.30 am.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, samsonmo said:

Ms Amsterdam expected at the Cruise Port terminal Rotterdam August 15 at around 09.00 and will leave there for dry dock on Sunday August 16 at approx 10.30 am.

I hope some one post some pictures of this beautiful ship.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I hope some one post some pictures of this beautiful ship.

Quite a few people will be there tomorrow morning (and maybe most at the departure to the dock Sunday morning). If necessary I will post mine, but others surely make better pictures.  And I think many HAL friends living along the Nieuwe Waterweg will be busy making pictures. If you are on Facebook: look at "Vrienden die Holland America leuk vinden" for lots of pictures of m.s. Rotterdam and (later) ms Amsterdam.