Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

4 hours ago, mame42 said:

problems with Post Office. 

4 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

are having trouble with Fed Ex deliveries due to a lack of drivers

I understand.  Truck drivers are in short supply.  Where I live, we seem to have mailmen who change almost as often as the weather does.  

24 minutes ago, Gloria sunrise said:

Wrong!  What we thought was 3 pieces is only 1.  Assumed  that they would keep all 3 together.

We only received notification about 4 of our 6 bags.  This seems to be quite common among the World 2020 group.  The downside will be having to wait for the delivery truck on more than one day.  Oh, well.

44 minutes ago, Gloria sunrise said:

Thanks for your post.  It does make us feel a little better that we are not alone in having our bags separated.

How inefficient, but it's rather like when one disembarks a cruise and claiming one's luggage in the terminal.  One bag is over there; another one or two are together--or not.

I inscribed on our tags (1of3) (2of3)(3of3) going to this address for our three bags so hope they get it together for shipping all at once. We came home from a camping excursion, spent all day waiting for luggage that would be their by the end of that 

day only to find out on another email it hadn’t even been handed over to fed-ex. Life is great.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:46 PM, rkacruiser said:

I understand.  Truck drivers are in short supply.  Where I live, we seem to have mailmen who change almost as often as the weather does.  

And it's not just drivers in our rural area. Fed Ex is using Uhaul trucks here to make deliveries.

39 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

And it's not just drivers in our rural area. Fed Ex is using Uhaul trucks here to make deliveries.

FedEx ground has been doing that for years, particularly during Christmas, when the number of packages exceeds the amount of truck space they have. Fed Ex ground, at least in this area, are contractors who are responsible for having the capacity for whatever Fed Ex hands them.

40 minutes ago, richwmn said:

FedEx ground has been doing that for years, particularly during Christmas, when the number of packages exceeds the amount of truck space they have. Fed Ex ground, at least in this area, are contractors who are responsible for having the capacity for whatever Fed Ex hands them.

And for the past 2 or so years Amazon has used USPS trucks on Sundays to deliver packages. These are not postal employees doing deliveries.

17 hours ago, richwmn said:

Interesting. We've never had anything but the little Fed Ex vans.

16 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

And for the past 2 or so years Amazon has used USPS trucks on Sundays to deliver packages. These are not postal employees doing deliveries.

Where I live, the postal employees use their own vehicles to deliver the daily mail. They are the same people doing our Sunday deliveries. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, michaelfl said:

still no news from fed ex but i got an email from holland america that they "hope to have everything delivered by fed ex until 10/18".........hope on deliverance......

Our letter from Holland America stated ours would be shipped by 10/16 haven’t heard anything from Fedx notices. Wondering if anyone has received any Notices or Received their luggage? 

32 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

Our letter from Holland America stated ours would be shipped by 10/16 haven’t heard anything from Fedx notices. Wondering if anyone has received any Notices or Received their luggage? 

That hasn't happened.  I'm still pending along with many, many others.  Some have gotten some or all of their luggage.  No rhyme or reason  to it what with luggage being received all the way from FL (but not us!) to Canada.  Who knows.....I'm ready to drive up to the warehouse next week and get mine.

Edited by cruzingnut

We are supposed to have 1 piece of luggage delivered tomorrow.  I thought that last week we were told by HAL that all luggage would leave the warehouse by the end of this week.  I called Fed Ex customer service today and was told our other 2 bags were leaving the warehouse today.  When that didn’t happen called again and was told to get in touch with the shipper.  I wonder whether they are working this weekend?  Did we ever think all this would be so difficult?