Empty Seabourn ship in Australia

AJCM

Just read that Seabourn Sojourn is off Melbourne, having arrived from Fremantle with only two US guests on board. No one’s allowed off and so the two have a lengthy crossing of the Pacific ahead of them. I wonder if they’ve been put in the Owner’s Suite and staff moved into lovely balcony suites, etc. They shouldn’t have much trouble getting a pool lounger.

Must be the weirdest experience for those two. Even so, I reckon we could live with that for the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AJCM said:

Just read that Seabourn Sojourn is off Melbourne, having arrived from Fremantle with only two US guests on board.

Could I ask where you read this?

The article is correct. Seabourn Sojourn prematurely wrapped up its World Cruise in Perth and everyone flew home from there.  Two guests asked and received permission to stay on board until San Francisco, which was the original end of the World Cruise. They apparently had to sign all sorts of waivers as there’s likely only tech stops (no getting off the ship anywhere) and all ship’s services are closed except the crew mess. I heard on another ship that it’s because one of the guests can’t travel on airplanes - but that might be gossip.  It must be a totally surreal experience... 

Edited by florisdekort

That will be one weird trans-Pacific crossing... at least they shouldn’t be fighting over a puzzle, as happened recently on one Azamara ship.
It shouldn’t be a problem to separate them, should the need arise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 4:32 AM, snowglobe said:

That will be one weird trans-Pacific crossing... at least they shouldn’t be fighting over a puzzle, as happened recently on one Azamara ship.
It shouldn’t be a problem to separate them, should the need arise...

This gave me a chuckle (too rare these days) - my husband secretly delights I give up my jigsaw obsession when at sea. Too many snide remarks and “death stares” if you settle down in front of a started puzzle. And these reactions are definitely not exclusive to Azamara. Also, I got it into my head it might be an easy way to spread Noro, and that was the last time I touched a puzzle. 

i hope the Seabourn Pax get home soon and safely. Puzzles completed. 🙂