Post A Favorite Cruise Photo!

richsea

1 hour ago, jeanandjim said:

Michael, Tried that brew Jan 2019 while visiting Caracoa on the Caribbean Princess. It was a welcome cold refreshment, and loved the name.

Jim😎

So Thrak is Michael ?

• Haha 1

What a nice way to share memorable cruise pictures with each other during these trying times with the virus lockdown. Thank you (richsea) for starting this thread, it's a nice break to see all the beautiful cruise pictures posted here and to share one or two of our own. I'd like to share this picture of the Ruby Princess docked next to the Aloha Tower in Honolulu last April during our Hawaiian cruise. It was one of our favorite cruises ever!

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

IMG_0307.JPG

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Which ship? I want to do this!!

Sun Princess, Indian Ocean and South Africa Odyssey (46 days) out of Perth, South Africa. I think they offer this cruise every 3 years or so. We took it in January 2020 and it was wonderful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Which ship? I want to do this!!

The Elephant Princess, obviously!

I am social isolating at home without the laptop on which my photos are stored, which is in my office on campus.  Can't think why I left it there . .  So here's a word picture:

It is sunset.  In the distance is Maui, a combination of verdant dark green and warm earth tones, while the sky above is a painted a swirl of cool blues and hot pinks.  The lights of Lahaina twinkle in the gloaming, as in the foreground between us  and the shore, a small sailboat, its white sails reflecting the vibrant pinks of the sunset, glides by. 

That photo is my desktop background and, one day when I get around to it, will be framed and hung in my foyer with my other "top" travel photos. 

• Haha 1

AC777CB5-173E-46AB-8B52-E60AF00BFB88.thumb.jpeg.bc74e1e5a84cb04e3a55c48dbf54aab4.jpeg
1173B269-22A6-4021-9EFB-D15514467603.thumb.jpeg.ed1d197367e721a35755f2bbc4d0e02e.jpegEA449403-4F01-4A19-8986-AADAC1E2630F.thumb.jpeg.bdea4fb100ee6a6731e4b0a63319077b.jpeg

the top two are our first cruise after we had gotten custody of our little one. Alaska with an 11 month old.  She traveled so well. Even on the cross country flights.  We had never done trips like this when our kids were very young. I was petrified but it went so well, the staff was so wonderful.....it made me really go from liking Princess a lot to just loving our cruise vacations.

The last one is getting ready for formal night on the CB two years ago.  We would be on her now for a repeat of that wonderful Circle Caribbean adventure if things had gone differently.....I can’t wait until we can cruise again.

• Like 4

Our second cruise but first of many with Princess.  We did a Mediterranean Cruise on the Emerald in  2008, first time to Europe.   Loved Europe with it's beautiful architecture and so much history to experience.    It was quite sobering to look out over the Colosseum and realize what horrible events happened here.  IMG_1890.thumb.JPG.0d78f0e3525059b072e7c8ff2c192501.JPG  

• Like 2