Alaska TourSaver Book

Jimbo

OMG talk about giving me the run around, I emailed Toursaver......anyone ever heard of Scott McMurren
Alaska Travelgram
2626 Cottonwood St.
ANC 99507

Does he like own Toursaver or just work for them?

Same boat.  Don't think we will be able to use it.  

I am hoping they might allow us to exchange to 2021 or 2022.  But judging by their website they are still trying to sell 2020, I have my doubts they will grant it, at least now.    

7 hours ago, molole said:

Same boat.  Don't think we will be able to use it.  

I am hoping they might allow us to exchange to 2021 or 2022.  But judging by their website they are still trying to sell 2020, I have my doubts they will grant it, at least now.    

I have emailed them, yes they will allow the exchange to a 2022 book. I rather just receive my money back at this time.......But they seem to be in another world up there and just don't get it yet that no one is going to Alaska this year to vacation.

I'm thinking maybe they don't have tv's up there or newspapers?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I have emailed them, yes they will allow the exchange to a 2022 book. I rather just receive my money back at this time.......But they seem to be in another world up there and just don't get it yet that no one is going to Alaska this year to vacation.

I'm thinking maybe they don't have tv's up there or newspapers?

It sounds as though they have provided you an option that they did not have to do based on the terms when you purchased the book.  I do wonder if you might be able to sell the 2022 book with less effort than you’re putting in bashing the company here.  Is 80 bucks really worth your time to get the pound of flesh?

• Like 1

I guess they thought more about, late this evening they are crediting my credit card for $79.95 and they even said not to bother sending back the book.

If they like the  power to be moderators may delete this thread if they like.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 5:17 PM, sandinmyshoes said:

Hi Jimbo.  Are you (or anyone else for that matter) interested in selling your 2020 book?  Looks like we will be going in August even if its just a land vacation.  Still hoping for the cruise though.

Don't think it will do you any good, the guy told me to keep the book but it probably  took the book# out of the system and the coupons won't be any good for you? He gave me the refund for it to my credit card.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are only offering the future app now.  I would have waited to purchase the app but I was using the coupon for the railroad and needed to make a reservation prior to arriving in Alaska.  It all depends on what coupons you are using on when the best time to make the purchase.  

Budget Queen---You posted this in March of 05----I am looking for a toursaver book to split with another user. I will be going mid August for 3 weeks, so an earlier visitor would work out best.  So, you must have found for what you use the book for , this works best for you!

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, Budget Queen said:

This is a good reminder.  There is no reason to buy this book far ahead.   In fact I’ve purchased one after I arrived.     

Your advise of 5/29/2020 must be from 20+ years of experience.  Your post from 2005 is looking to split one for a trip 5 months out.

I am looking for a toursaver book to split with another user. I will be going mid August for 3 weeks, so an earlier visitor would work out best.

budgetqueenalaska@yahoo.com

Edited by lkejames1

15 minutes ago, lkejames1 said:

Your advise of 5/29/2020 must be from 20+ years of experience.  Your post from 2005 is looking to split one for a trip 5 months out.

I am looking for a toursaver book to split with another user. I will be going mid August for 3 weeks, so an earlier visitor would work out best.

budgetqueenalaska@yahoo.com

???????????       I'm  NOT buying a new book     At the time,   books could be shared.   OF course,  IF I'm looking to split a book,   I HAVE to find someone,  who is there BEFORE me.         There also wasn't the uncertainty  there is today.    

Of course,  my experience counts for something.     First hand,  trumps,  "guesses"  by a mile.     

56 minutes ago, LaCal said:

What kind of Whale excursions are in the book? Price? 

The offers change  every year.    New books -  in the past come out in the fall.    Check the website directly for offers-  AND restrictions.      

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

Right now, the Toursaver website says all 2020 coupons/offers will be accepted for the 2021 season. I don't know if that means they will not be publishing a new edition this fall or not.  Anyone know?  i was thinking about buying one for 2021.

Contact them.   

On 8/23/2020 at 7:40 AM, Marylandteachergirl said:

Right now, the Toursaver website says all 2020 coupons/offers will be accepted for the 2021 season. I don't know if that means they will not be publishing a new edition this fall or not.  Anyone know?  i was thinking about buying one for 2021.

They are not printing a new one for 2021, will be still using the 2020 books and all of the coupons will be valid for 2021. Once they run out of hard copies you can just use the app purchase.