Cancelled cruises May/early June

subaru94

We have a cruise 25th May when I went into my personaliser it has gone weird, I have a feeling it has been cancelled, but not got any emails notice from Princess, I thought they were going to make an announcement today?  

We had an April 11 25 day TA on the Sky Princess cancelled. The Personalizer says 12 days until next cruise. The only change is if I try to modify my EZair flight, it says it has been cancelled. We have elected Option 1. 

Ok when I was online this am Princess was making changes. Cruise fares were gone and changes to the website were being made. I have also been following their Twitter 

Edited by dog

Just checked my May 20th cruise and it is still in my Personalizer.  Also went into Princess website and tried to make a mock booking and all the numbers were there if I wanted to make a reservation.  Everything looked normal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Just checked my May 20th cruise and it is still in my Personalizer.  Also went into Princess website and tried to make a mock booking and all the numbers were there if I wanted to make a reservation.  Everything looked normal.

It's a little crazy that they are still selling those early season Alaska cruises.  But, no price drops and half empty ships ... that's exactly what happened to my April cruise that was cancelled.  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's a little crazy that they are still selling those early season Alaska cruises.  But, no price drops and half empty ships ... that's exactly what happened to my April cruise that was cancelled.  

This weekend we cancelled our hotels and our airfare -- all that is left is for Princess to cancel us so we can see what our options are for the future. 

• Like 1

Just checked my cruise personaliser and my 2 segments of the WC from Sydney on May 12 are now inaccessible.  All the rest of later cruises are still there.  This is not surprising as I have seen a Princess email to travel agents stating that the Australian Government has banned any cruise ship in Australia until the middle of June.

Anne

11 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

This weekend we cancelled our hotels and our airfare -- all that is left is for Princess to cancel us so we can see what our options are for the future. 

That's what I am waiting for, too.  I don't know what difference it makes for us as we live right nearby the port of SF.  It would just be nice to know.  All this self isolating gives us time to think about it even more!  I really should just do something more constructive like get my cruise room in order.  

Our may 16th Alaska is still being sold on travel agent websites. The price has been greatly reduced but what good is that when Alaska and Seattle are closed to ships!!!  Come on Princess do the right thing and cancel us so we can get our money back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Our may 16th Alaska is still being sold on travel agent websites. The price has been greatly reduced but what good is that when Alaska and Seattle are closed to ships!!!  Come on Princess do the right thing and cancel us so we can get our money back.

still being sold on Princess website, also - I went all the way thru a 'mock booking' to the point of either getting a one-day courtesy hold or payment in full - right at $1,200 for the get-on price, no perks

if you are a gambler … do you book, pay in full, then wait for Princess to cancel and get full refund + FCC ???🤑 - or be a real gambler and book the most expensive cabin you can with Princess Plus perks 

10 minutes ago, funmobl said:

I don't gamble.  We cancelled our May 20 Alaska cruise a couple of weeks ago so we receive a full refund minus the $200 deposit which will be FCC.

Hi, what kind of trip insurance did you have? Thanks.

We purchased the insurance through Princess.  It did not cover the COVID-19, so we cancelled before the cancellation fee went to 50%.  I know we may be leaving some $ behind but we just felt this was the safest way to go.  This would have been our first cruise to Alaska so we may try again next year or 2022.  We were taking this cruise with 2 other couples and it was a group decision.

• Like 1

We have until 48 hrs before the cruise to cancel and get FCC but we would rather have our money back  waiting them out so they have to cancel. Insurance won't pay unless already on the trip and get sick so cancelled that and as a " gesture " they gave us a refund  of our premium. If you used Allianz send them an e.mail and request your refund...

Maureen.

Edited by gmjc2