Cruises canceled until May 1st.

Costa Luminosa - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 2nd.

Costa Pacifica - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until April 30th.

Costa Victoria - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until April 24th.

Costa Deliziosa - CRUISING

The current World Tour itinerary will be completed to allow guests to disembark and return home. Cruises canceled until May 1st.

Much as I am pining to cruise, Costa needs to wake up. Nothing is going to happen by the end of April. I just saw on the MSC boards that they have cancelled all cruises till end of May. I think even that is optimistic.

Do you think any of us will be cruising anywhere this year? We are clearly all cruise fanatics but health is more important than anything. 
I noticed that you could not book on the Costa website a day or so ago. They are, however, keeping things to themselves for the moment. I cannot see any of the ports in the Med opening up in the foreseeable future.

As far as I know Costa's staff are now all self isolating I can get no answer from any of my personal friends in Genoa HO via their web-site, I sent a text to a personal phone yesterday asking about their health, so far no reply, just hope she is okay & it is the internet problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, kathy49 said:

maybe spring 2021? Not even sure about that. No way in May 2020

We already had a cruise booked for the end of November from Abu Dhabi on the Diadema,  I am hoping it will go ahead but will wait and see.

I,m bored with how this is all everyone can talk about. It is happening to every business worldwide.

I,m sitting at home looking at all the photos & video's of our 50 last cruises much better than being miserable, I've been isolated since October no big deal, get the photos out and reminisce about the good times both past & in the future.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tenpin said:

I,m bored with how this is all everyone can talk about. It is happening to every business worldwide.

I,m sitting at home looking at all the photos & video's of our 50 last cruises much better than being miserable, I've been isolated since October no big deal, get the photos out and reminisce about the good times both past & in the future.  

Why have you been isolated from since October, so long ago? 

Which is your next cruise booked, if I may ask

4 hours ago, tenpin said:

Yes its happening to every business worldwide, however the only businesses that owe me and thousands of others money, are the cruise lines and in some cases the airlines and insurance companies. As this is a cruise board its not surprising that people are talking about, the outrageous way cruise lines like Costa are handling all this.

It took me and thousands of others a split second with a mouse to hand over our hard earned money and yet some of these cruise lines are telling people they will have to wait a minimum 90 days, and in some cases up to six months to get their money back. 

There are plenty of people at Costa and the other lines (lockdown or not) spending a lot of time trying to persuade you to take future cruise vouchers, if only the could work as hard giving me and others our money back.

So I take it that TUI, Easy Jet, Hotels and almost every one who has booked future holidays have been given all their money back, my friend who booked with TUI for next Month is still waiting for a reply let alone his refund.

Carnival Corp owe thousands our money has been spent on overheads like crews wages maintenance docking fees & loads of other expenses, no different from before the Virus hit. We are talking thousands of customers, suppliers, who were paid or being paid, we will be last. Princess have a large amount of mine As well as Costa, if they don't pay up then I'll claim from my insurance, but not until either they all go broke or the virus is over.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Why have you been isolated from since October, so long ago? 

Which is your next cruise booked, if I may ask

I suffer from COPD & during cold weather must not go out, naturally I am now again self-isolating on advice from my Doctor for yet another twelve weeks.

I had two booked one for this month one in July. The one for next year should be okay.

I think you said earlier that you are fed up with Costa and you will not be sailing on Costa ever again, despite being their highest level loyal customer for so many decades.

Edited by drsel

Yes that was after our last cruise on the Pacifica these had already been booked, we was waiting to see what was going to happen to the cruise market before cancelling any cruise.

We always take out the highest level of annual cruise insurance & whatever happens will be covered, apart from a very small deduction Costa takes.

Edited by tenpin
spelling

On 4/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, tenpin said:

So I take it that TUI, Easy Jet, Hotels and almost every one who has booked future holidays have been given all their money back, my friend who booked with TUI for next Month is still waiting for a reply let alone his refund.

Carnival Corp owe thousands our money has been spent on overheads like crews wages maintenance docking fees & loads of other expenses, no different from before the Virus hit. We are talking thousands of customers, suppliers, who were paid or being paid, we will be last. Princess have a large amount of mine As well as Costa, if they don't pay up then I'll claim from my insurance, but not until either they all go broke or the virus is over.

We also have the highest level annual travel insurance with the cruise option top up.  If they go broke your travel insurance doesnt cover it - in most cases anyway.  We have lost money on airfares - we have a future cruise credit but unsure whether we will go or not.  Being in Australia we have been relatively safe from the virus but that puts us at more risk as there is no immunity without a vaccine.  I will wait for a vaccine before booking anything.  We were told by our travel insurance - firstly in an email that pandemics are not covered - secondly another email when Virgin collapsed - that we were again  not covered.  AND that was before anyone made a claim.

Edited by Janet&Carl

Our Annual Insurance is over £1200 however after much debate with them we got everything covered with the exception of Flights if booked ourselves.

This took a lot of time and we have seen an increase every year, we think it is worth paying as we both have problems that could stop us going at the very last minute. They have said we would be covered but we cancelled all our cruises well before the Major outbreak. Whether the price will be increased to much once we can cruise again remains to be seen.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, Janet&Carl said:

We also have the highest level annual travel insurance with the cruise option top up.  If they go broke your travel insurance doesnt cover it - in most cases anyway.  We have lost money on airfares - we have a future cruise credit but unsure whether we will go or not.  Being in Australia we have been relatively safe from the virus but that puts us at more risk as there is no immunity without a vaccine.  I will wait for a vaccine before booking anything.  We were told by our travel insurance - firstly in an email that pandemics are not covered - secondly another email when Virgin collapsed - that we were again  not covered.  AND that was before anyone made a claim.

insurance companies are there to make a big profit out of you.

they are not doing any.social service.

I think you will find that is it not legal to refuse refunds here in the UK. There is talk of these Companies being forced to re-pay cancelled holiday's which I assume  also incudes cruises.

I today papers.

Costa Diadema 

Cruises canceled until July 12.

Costa Fascinosa 

Cruises canceled until July 4.

Costa Favolosa 

Cruises canceled until July 7.

Costa Fortuna 

Cruises canceled until July 12.

Costa Magica 

Cruises canceled until July 11.

Costa Mediterranea 

Costa Smeralda 

Costa Luminosa 

Cruises canceled until July 5.

Costa Pacifica 

Cruises canceled until July 10.

Costa Victoria 

Cruises canceled until July 5.

Costa Deliziosa 

Costa neoRomantica 

Cruises canceled until July 10.

Edited by jerseylily

You are right there SpeedySal, the cruise industry will be hit really hard & I don't expect many will survive, along with airlines & TA's.

The loss is colossal immagine just one ship with 3000 passengers booked for twelve months most paying a 25% deposit then multiply  that by Costa's twelve ships out of action for at least six months. Airlines still paying parking fees & maintenance & wages.

It is the end of travel as we knew it.

13 hours ago, SpeedySal said:

I don’t think so unless Italians have been first in line?  I think Costa may well not survive and they won’t be the only cruise company either. 

The only way Costa will go under is, if Carnival go bankrupt, and that's unlikely. Carnival may want to offload Costa by selling it as a going concern but there will be very little if any takers in this market. Costas revenues in 2018/2019 were $2.236 billion.

Carnival may want to scale back the number of ships in Costas fleet (2 new ships are currently under construction) but I personally don't think that Costa will be disappearing any time soon.