Costa needs to wake up

alicat58

Are there any guinea pigs out there? 😷

Cruises in stand-by:

Read the table below for more information on canceled cruises - Last update May 4, 2020

The dates indicated are confirmed until new extensions of the health emergency.

icona_nave.png

SHIP

icona_calendario_barrato.jpg 

CANCELLED CRUISES

icona_calendario.jpg 

CONFIRMED CRUISES

COSTA DELIZIOSA
Until July 3  From July 4 
COSTA DIADEMA
Until June 30  From July 5 
COSTA FASCINOSA
Until June 27 From  July 3rd
COSTA FAVOLOSA
Until June 26  From July 7 
COSTA FORTUNA
Until July 1st  From July 2nd 
COSTA LUMINOSA
Until June 29 From July 
COSTA MAGICA
Until June 27 From July 4 
COSTA MEDITERRANEA
Until June 27  From July 4 
COSTA PACIFICA
Until July 2  From July 3 
COSTA SMERALDA
Until July 3  From July 4 
COSTA VICTORIA
Until July 3  From July 

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that cruises have become more expensive and prices are gradually increasing, except for Carnival cruises from select US ports this year.
Asian cruises have gone up a lot.
I think they are trying to recover the losses of 6 months without any income.
Are they expecting an increase in demand?
But with 30 million jobless in US, who will be willing to pay more?
Do you think that last minute the prices will drop to fill the unsold cabins?

• Like 1

I personally think almost everything will go up in price in order to recoup losses.

Our local Government is now saying due to losses from car parking & fines they will either put up council tax or seriously cut services,

Cruise & travel will try to encourage us to book well in advance so that they can operate & pay their way. There has been a steady increase in our two weekly food shop since March & I expect most other things will take some time to become reasonably stable again.

I do not think there will many takers for any empty cabins for a long time, if at all this year. 

As I expected just had offers in from Costa, while great deals for Couples in the lower grades the Suites are now £1000 dearer than our last 8 day cruise,

That said anyone willing to take a chance a balcony cabin  on Semeralda from Savona/Barcelona they are offering 40% off taking a 8 day cruise for two at under £900 for top grade cabin, in Jan 21

Edited by tenpin

4 hours ago, tenpin said:

As I expected just had offers in from Costa, while great deals for Couples in the lower grades the Suites are now £1000 dearer than our last 8 day cruise,

That said anyone willing to take a chance a balcony cabin  on Semeralda from Savona/Barcelona they are offering 40% off taking a 8 day cruise for two at under £900 for top grade cabin, in Jan 21

Just checked Abu Dhabi to Savona for next March. It says 30% off. When this cruise was cancelled in March this year I checked the prices for the same cruise next year and it was 500 more than I paid for the cancelled cruise this year, same cabin, same rate. The price has not changed even with the 30% off, offer. I tried to make a mock booking and the price of this cabin has not changed, even with the 30% off, offer. Do they have listed prices somewhere that I can see that this is genuine?

No Gerry prices have always fluctuated almost daily with all cruises Companies, I check at least three times before booking.

15 hours ago, drsel said:

Making suites much more expensive is following the Robinhood principle of life

That is certainly the case with Costa now, I worked until I was 72 for a chance of a chance to enjoy my retirement in style, but not sure I would pay those prices when I can do the same on other lines who give even better service for Suite guests.

Just been checking a few of the Northern Europe cruises for this Sep (optimistic I know but whats the point in not being)..  Prices are now higher than I think I have ever seen them - I suppose in reality it makes sense as the same seems to be happening with flights or for example Disney theme park packages... So many people have been moved to next year/ later this year on credit that there are less seats, rooms, capacity etc etc so the price goes up (In fact they have created there own demand)...  Costa are still good value for the med though (though still higher than they were)

Edited by ighten

• 2 weeks later...

but not sure I would pay those prices when I can do the same on other lines who give even better service for Suite guests.
doesn't the better service in suites on other Cruise lines come with a substantially higher price?

I did three mock bookings last month  - Northern Europe ,  Smeralda on the med, and Diadema

Compared to what I paid previously they are 30-40% higher - and compared to last month they have risen by a further 10% - in fact the only thing I can see thats value is as tenpin said - Smeraldas Jan 21 saling

I presume vouchered people have already booked straight in for next year - either that or capacity is less

Carnival cruise ships are rated 4 star and the new big ships are even rated 4.5 stars by a large online US travel agent

Costa ships are rated only 3 star or 3.5 star

In fact the old Costa neoclassica was rated just 2.5 star before they sold it

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Carnival cruise ships are rated 4 star and the new big ships are even rated 4.5 stars by a large online US travel agent

Costa ships are rated only 3 star or 3.5 star

In fact the old Costa neoclassica was rated just 2.5 star before they sold it

I meant the destination -  you can only look at so many diamond shops on one holiday 😉

2 hours ago, drsel said:

The tour agent gets commission for every person who enters the shop and stays for at least 15 minutes.
Even if they don't buy anything!

The shops logic is that a crowded shop attracts more crowds from the street, with more possibilities of sales.

Also rich cruise ship passengers often get tempted to buy something!