Would you make final payment?

jonthomas

This question has probably been answered numerous times.

Has Oceania extended the final payment deadlines?

We have a cruise in Dec/Jan of 2020. Final payment Sept. 

Cant see giving  final payment in Sept if ships are not sailing and they wont be in my HO. 

Looking for any wisdom/discussion/opinion. 

We also have a cruise for Dec/Jan, however, our final payment is July 1st. Unless things change dramatically it is unlikely we will make final payment.

From what others have said on this board, Oceania has to date not extended final payment deadlines. 

I would wait to see how things are  in the World  before making a final payment

You do not say where you are located   but if you can get a refund  then go for it

Rules are different in different Countries  for cancelling

JMO

Be sure you check when the  cancellation kicks in  as  the Admin fee takes affect  before FP date  I think

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Just now, jonthomas said:

We are in the States. The admin fee is for owners, vista suites. We are in a lowly inside. 

not so

Cruises 14 days or Less:

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT 
91-120 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+

5 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Oh wow. So if final payment is Sept 21 for a cruise Dec 20, you have to pay admin fee of $250?

if you cancel  in the 91-120 day time frame  they with hold the $250 PP  Admin fee  which you can apply to a future cruise   see the details on that page

+The Administrative Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation date and for travel within two years of issue. 

If you want the full deposit refunded cancel in Aug  before the penalty kicks in

Some of us with cruises in June are stuck in cancellation limbo. We entered into the 91-120 days cancellation penalty timeline just when the virus hit. We know our cruises will be cancelled but so far Oceania hasn't done so. They are purposely dragging out cancellations so as to keep $250 pp money in their bank account. Since no one knows if there will be an Oceania cruise line in the future to use a FCC on I think this is wrong. Oceania needs to return the entire deposit amount of $1500 for cancelled cruises.

Edited by susiesan

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Some of us are stuck in cancellation limbo. We entered into the 91-120 days prior timeline just when the virus hit. We know our cruises will be cancelled but so far Oceania hasn't done so. They are purposely dragging out cancellations so as to keep $250 pp money in their bank account. Since no one knows if there will be an Oceania cruise line to use a FCC on I think this is wrong. Oceania needs to return the entire deposit amount of $1500 for cancelled cruises.

Wow, sure don't want to be caught up in that. 

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes, will have to calculate it back from Dec 20 to make it more than 120 days out. 

No calculation required if you look at your invoice, page 2, the dates are spelled out for you.

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes, will have to calculate it back from Dec 20 to make it more than 120 days out. 

40 minutes ago, arima22 said:

No calculation required if you look at your invoice, page 2, the dates are spelled out for you.

Important to look at your actual invoice for your cruise as longer cruises, 15+ days,  have a 180 day penalty period. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Legal/56049/TC-US.pdf

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Thank you for your reply.

I double checked our final payment date, it is Sept 21, 2020.

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I was going to tell you what Arima22 above mentioned, but I was a little slow. Fortunately you came here before you were in the penalty phase. Many people either never get an Oceania invoice or don't bother to read the cancellation terms. Then they want to come here whining about how they're being cheated. Most people's problems come from either lack of knowledge or just simple confusion. i.e., they just don't get it. 

• Like 1

I have a real hard time understanding why some folks are grousing over the loss of a few hundred dollars when almost 37,000 people have lost their lives...so far.   Not to mention the retirees whose retirement funds have been devastated.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I have a real hard time understanding why some folks are grousing over the loss of a few hundred dollars when almost 37,000 people have lost their lives...so far.   Not to mention the retirees whose retirement funds have been devastated.

You are right of course. But if I sit here and only think of the tragedy of all the loss, it will help no one and only deepen the abyss of my already depressive state. 

I am grateful for the small distraction here, where for a few seconds I am able to think of some measly, inconsequential  few dollars that may be lost, rather than lives. 

21 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

You are right of course. But if I sit here and only think of the tragedy of all the loss, it will help no one and only deepen the abyss of my already depressive state. 

I am grateful for the small distraction here, where for a few seconds I am able to think of some measly, inconsequential  few dollars that may be lost, rather than lives. 

I am sure that comment was not directed at you but rather to someone who posts daily in multiple Oceania threads, including this one, about the same topic of her future Oceania cruise over and over and over.  JMO.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 2

do not just look at the final payment date  but  check the cancellation  rules/time frame

In other words  READ ALL THE FINE PRINT

sorry for shouting  but  many people  do not  know to read the fine print  or  do not understand  what they are reading

JMO

Just want to make sure that others know that I am aware of how trivial my posts are in the scheme of things.

I know, I understand. And maybe each of my  posts need to be prefaced by saying, yes I know this is a real stupid question/topic at a time like this, but I have to keep from drowning in despair,  by taking some time to just think about something else, albeit very trivial. 

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

do not just look at the final payment date  but  check the cancellation  rules/time frame

In other words  READ ALL THE FINE PRINT

sorry for shouting  but  many people  do not  know to read the fine print  or  do not understand  what they are reading

JMO

I am grateful to you for pointing that out. I gave only a cursory glance to the second page, focussing on the first page only.