This from Oceania today

Jancruz

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

First and foremost, on behalf of your entire Oceania Cruises family at sea and ashore, we hope that you and your family are healthy and safe. Over the past weeks and months, we all have been living in unprecedented times. While we remain confident that as a global community we will overcome the challenges of today, we must continue to put the health and well-being of our guests and crew at the forefront.

During the past two weeks, we have continued to monitor and evaluate our scheduled itineraries and our ability to provide you with the travel experience you desire. In an abundance of caution, we believe the most prudent action at this time is to extend our temporary pause of cruise operations on all scheduled voyage departures through May 10, 2020. Regrettably, this means your planned voyage aboard Riviera on May 9, 2020 will be cancelled.

Please know that we share your disappointment, but we have made this decision with everyone’s best interest in mind.

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from April 12 to May 10, 2020 will automatically receive a future cruise credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This future cruise credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by April 1, 2021.

All ancillary items purchased through Oceania Cruises will be refunded. Ancillary items eligible for refund include Oceania Care Travel Protection, transfers, shore excursions, hotel/land packages, air add-ons and fees, visas, beverage packages, and culinary experiences.

For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% future cruise credit, a lower value full refund option is available. Please contact our Guest Services team no later than April 15, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a refund.

We remain committed to fulfilling your travel dreams when the time is right, and you are ready to explore the world once again with Oceania Cruises.

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you and sending good wishes for your family's recovery.  

Updated Travel Advisory online: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement. Excerpt:

Oceania Cruises
General Travel Advisory and COVID-19 Coronavirus Protocol Update as of 3/30/20

GENERAL TRAVEL ADVISORY

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. 

We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages. Our suspension that was for voyages embarking March 13 to April 11 has been extended to now include all voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

22 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020.

May 11, 2020 - that is a very interesting date to pick considering that not a single one of O‘s cruise begins on May 11, 2020?

19 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

May 11, 2020 - that is a very interesting date to pick considering that not a single one of O‘s cruise begins on May 11, 2020?

Maybe so there's no confusion. Like "well, is my cruise going or not going? Does it start today or tomorrow?"  ???

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Maybe so there's no confusion. Like "well, is my cruise going or not going? Does it start today or tomorrow?"  ???

Sorry but I am not buying this. The very first cruise STARTING after May 10 is Marina on May 13. It would make sense to say that that is the new staring day without any confusion.

The fact, that this would be even more painful to me than May 10 because it is my cruise that starts on May 13, is besides the point

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Sorry but I am not buying this. The very first cruise STARTING after May 10 is Marina on May 13. It would make sense to say that that is the new staring day without any confusion.

The fact, that this would be even more painful to me than May 10 because it is my cruise that starts on May 13, is besides the point

Asking honestly, does it make any difference?

So how many cruises were scheduled for between April 10 to May 11? How many people will actually be able to take advantage of the bonus FCC offer of an extra 25%? I suspect very few. Oceania is making themselves look like they are generous with something that they won't have to pay out on much. This has got to be very irritating to Paul whose cruise is May 13 and there is no way it will sail. So if he cancels now and then O makes this same offer for the next month's of cruises will Paul also get the 125% FCC retroactively? When O gets around to Junee cruises will I get this same offer if I have already canceled a cruise before O cancels it?

48 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Because it is a Monday? Perhaps it is that they plan to reopen full operations - office and shipboard?  - that day?

just guessing.

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

The date is the same for all three cruise lines in the NCLH family. No doubt they decided to be consistent. There are a couple of NCL cruises departing that date. I didn't check RSS, but they might also have one. 

Let's not try to make something out of nothing.

14 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The date is the same for all three cruise lines in the NCLH family. No doubt they decided to be consistent. There are a couple of NCL cruises departing that date.

Now, that does make more sense.

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

They should have just left that last line off their statement

maybe something like

"Further updates to follow "

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

When O gets around to Junee cruises will I get this same offer if I have already canceled a cruise before O cancels it?

If you cancel now  you have no dog in the fight if they cancel June cruises at a future date  !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

So if he cancels now and then O makes this same offer for the next month's of cruises will Paul also get the 125% FCC retroactively?

NO. Besides, I prefer a refund - a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (and a whole lot better than 1 1/4 birds in the bush) 😃

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 4

I guess they picked the particular date just over a month ahead not because they really consider to start operating after May 11th. They just don’t want to deal with so many cancellations at once when all of us start to complain about not getting our refunds in the timely manor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CanEcosse said:

The answer is 8 - 4 in April and 4 in May.

That seems pretty low to me so I looked it up.  I count 12. 

Regatta- April 14, May 2
Insignia- May 9th
Nautica- April 13, May 1
Sirena- April 11, April 25, May 5
Marina- May 1
Riveria- April 19, April 29, May 9