Has anyone actually been refunded their taxes and port fees yet?

LMaxwell

I know people are tracking refunds for those that elected for them; but for those of us that canceled under Cruise with Confidence and were given FCC, has ANYONE actually been refunded their taxes and fees yet? We are 19 days post cancellation. 

Cancelled our 3/14 cruise on 3/9/20 through our TA. Taxes and fees credit appeared on our credit card on 3/12 and beverage package, which we also purchased on credit card, was credited back on the card on  3/16. Also received our FCC confirmation number from our TA on 3/11.

I contacted Celebrity again this morning and asked about my taxes and fees.  They said 30 days.  I asked if that was 30 days from cancellation or 30 days as of this phone call; the agent said they were instructed to simply tell people that call "30 days" and they are not sure from what date.  

Does anyone think Lisa's paycheck was delayed? 

• Like 2

Cancelled our cruise on 3/9. Received taxes and port fees refunds on 3/18. Gotten nothing but silence and promises on anything else since, including over $4K in airfares booked through Celebrity.

We not have received the taxes, fes or 50% cruise credit , although  last week they said it was approved, issued and  on its way back to our card.

Must be a very long journey!

Cancelled March 8, 75% FCC arrived March 16 and a cc partial refund on March 23. As the amount refunded doesn't equate to 25% of our fare (we cancelled 32 days out) or to the taxes and port fees, it's rather hard to determine what the amount represents.  

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Cancelled March 8, 75% FCC arrived March 16 and a cc partial refund on March 23. As the amount refunded doesn't equate to 25% of our fare (we cancelled 32 days out) or to the taxes and port fees, it's rather hard to determine what the amount represents.  

We talked to Celebrity yesterday as we are still waiting also, but found out that they take off the port fees & taxes divide them by 2 assuming 2 in a cabin then those amounts are put in your account. Then they divide the 25% by 2  after the port & taxes are deducted & deposit those 2 amounts to your credit card.

3 minutes ago, If only said:

We talked to Celebrity yesterday as we are still waiting also, but found out that they take off the port fees & taxes divide them by 2 assuming 2 in a cabin then those amounts are put in your account. Then they divide the 25% by 2  after the port & taxes are deducted & deposit those 2 amounts to your credit card.

That has always been my understanding too, but the one refund to date doesn't equal any of these amounts singly or in combination. It's within $20 of half of taxes and port fees plus half of base fare, but close doesn't count. I'll continue to wait for the next payment before pursuing this through my TA.

The half of taxes / fees and cruise fare doesn’t make sense to me. Surely couples pay for the cabin on one credit card, not as separate individuals. They have no details whatsoever of my husband’s credit card. Never mind that everything was paid using my card 🤷‍♀️.

33 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The half of taxes / fees and cruise fare doesn’t make sense to me. Surely couples pay for the cabin on one credit card, not as separate individuals. They have no details whatsoever of my husband’s credit card. Never mind that everything was paid using my card 🤷‍♀️.

It will be refunded to the credit card that was used for the payment.  The refund with be in 2 amounts 1//2 of the taxes and port fees will be one transaction  for passenger 1  and  a second transaction for passenger two.   Same as if you book a excursion for both of you and then cancel the per person price of the excursion is refunded in 2 transactions, one of each person.

16 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I know people are tracking refunds for those that elected for them; but for those of us that canceled under Cruise with Confidence and were given FCC, has ANYONE actually been refunded their taxes and fees yet? We are 19 days post cancellation. 

Cancelled our cruise (sail 3/30) on March 9th.  Received our FCC on March 28th.   Still waiting for refund of $800+ for taxes/fees and PPD items (excursions, bev pkg upgrade etc).   Was originally told 21 days, then told 30 days.  Figure it'll show up at some point....

Many thanks both of you, I hadn’t appreciated that it would split into half and not be one amount for the taxes etc likewise for the cruise fare? I can see the logic though. 

I don’t mind how it comes, as long as it comes sometime and is for the correct amount 🤞.

• Like 1

I've had the opposite experience of most of the above posters.  Pulled the plug on March 9 for April 4  cruise and received refund on Card within a couple of days for taxes, etc.  Have not heard one word regarding FCC.  Might be getting concerned had I not read the posts on CC and reached the conclusion Celebrity is consistently inconsistent.  Reason I ended up with FCC, if it ever gets here, is because I played chicken with Celebrity and they won.  I cancelled just a few days before they offered refunds.  Live and learn.  By the way, I have not contacted TA or Celeb one time.  Waiting until Monday which will be four weeks since canc.  Then, let the badgering begin.

Happy cruises to everyone, Carolyn in Texas

Never heard of it.. any whould someone request such a refund? I mean all the clauses are listed in the contract when you sign it. If its not there, its not there. Wasting time to get a few bucks back from those port fees and etc its a time waster. Trust me. Even if you manage somehow to actually earn this refund it will take forever to actually get the cash. If I were you, I wouldnt bother. Let it go. Time worths more than money.. especially money that counts a few bucks 

Seems they tell everyone 30 days no matter when they cancelled.

Also seems not very many have received the actual cruise fare refund which is  much more than taxes and fees☹