Which ships are expected to be the last to complete their itineraries?

Jaxweb

Viking Sun, Marella Explorer and Queen Mary 2 arrived in the Solent yesterday. 

Viking Sun, to one of the cross-Channel ferry berths in Portsmouth - probably available to her through most of the pandemic, because there's only a skeleton cross-Channel ferry service, just for trucks.

Marella Explorer, to join her sister Marella Celebration at anchorage off the Nab Tower

Queen Mary 2, to City Cruise Terminal in Southampton, displacing recently-arrived Arcadia which disembarked its passengers and has now moved to new lodgings in Dover.

I think only QM2 had passengers - just a couple of hundred who were unable or unwilling to fly home.

Was QM2 the last ship to disembark passengers?

Are there any more passengers still out on the big shiny blue sea?

JB :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

Viking Sun, Marella Explorer and Queen Mary 2 arrived in the Solent yesterday. 

Viking Sun, to one of the cross-Channel ferry berths in Portsmouth - probably available to her through most of the pandemic, because there's only a skeleton cross-Channel ferry service, just for trucks.

Marella Explorer, to join her sister Marella Celebration at anchorage off the Nab Tower

Queen Mary 2, to City Cruise Terminal in Southampton, displacing recently-arrived Arcadia which disembarked its passengers and has now moved to new lodgings in Dover.

I think only QM2 had passengers - just a couple of hundred who were unable or unwilling to fly home.

Was QM2 the last ship to disembark passengers?

Are there any more passengers still out on the big shiny blue sea?

Arcadia had 1400 passengers onboard when she docked in Soton on Sunday.  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Arcadia had 1400 passengers onboard when she docked in Soton on Sunday.  EM

Yes, mom - as per my post :classic_wink:

But I think QM2 holds the record.

I now see Ventura heading out into the Solent - since she's not going to a food shop or dispensary she's presumably going out into the English Channel to empty her bowels.

Meanwhile Marella Explorer has sneaked in from her anchorage and tied up at the Banana wharf. Hopefully to stock up on more than just bananas, then I guess she'll join her sister in voluntary isolation at anchorage off the Nab Tower. 

• Like 1

Not sure what day the CMV Columbus docked in Tilbury, as she had pax on board. She tendered pax in Bali then followed us through Suez, before docking in Malta to discharge a couple of pax. On departure Malta, she passed us in the Meddy, bound for Lisbon, then Tilbury.

I can confirm Viking Sun had no pax, as we disembarked in Gibraltar on Apr 10th. She is in Portsmouth disembarking crew on Apr 16 & 17, then is bound for Norway.

• Like 1

Latest "musical berths" in the Solent......

Marella's Discovery and Explorer have been swapping places between Southampton fruit terminal (aka banana wharf) and the Nab anchorage. Taking the opportunity to top up the tanks before oil prices go up again?

They'll probably both have to slum it at the anchorage in the next day or two, as Explorer 2 is in the English Channel heading to the banana wharf after crossing from the Caribbean. I wonder whether they had the foresight to load up with bananas before crossing?

Marella Celebration has gone walkabout again, currently drifting south of her Nab anchorage. More trouble with the hand-brake?

Viking Sun left Portsmouth this-morning - Heidi says bound for Norway, AIS says bound for Edinburgh, but who knows? Mebbe not even the captain :classic_wink:

That leaves room at Portsmouth's cross-channel port for her sister, Viking Jupiter, currently off The Lizard & expected in Portsmouth tomorrow.

Ventura, QM 2, Britannia, Azura and Queen Vic remain at their Southampton berths - well, it is the weekend.

Homeless Allure of the Seas continues to meander in the southern approaches to the Irish Sea.

6 hours ago, John Bull said:

Viking Sun left Portsmouth this-morning - Heidi says bound for Norway, AIS says bound for Edinburgh, but who knows? Mebbe not even the captain :classic_wink:

That leaves room at Portsmouth's cross-channel port for her sister, Viking Jupiter, currently off The Lizard & expected in Portsmouth tomorrow.

JB - quick update on Viking ships.

Viking Sun departed PME April 17th and her AIS still shows Kristiansand in Norway, which is no change from her destination before we disembarked on Apr 10th.

The Viking Sky departed PME April 18th and is bound for anchorage in the Firth of Forth, apparently just off Queensferry. Her AIS shows destination of Leith with ETA April 20th. Not certain if she is remaining in the Forth or eventually crossing the North Sea to Norway.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

JB - quick update on Viking ships.

Viking Sun departed PME April 17th and her AIS still shows Kristiansand in Norway, which is no change from her destination before we disembarked on Apr 10th.

The Viking Sky departed PME April 18th and is bound for anchorage in the Firth of Forth, apparently just off Queensferry. Her AIS shows destination of Leith with ETA April 20th. Not certain if she is remaining in the Forth or eventually crossing the North Sea to Norway.

Thanks for that, Heidi.

So many damned Vikings hereabouts confused me. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

Our friends son is an entertainer on board RCI's Voyager of the Seas.  The ship has been at sea for 28 days with no passengers. They are en route from off shore Sydney to Bali.

Current updated plan is to sail to Bali to drop off crew members.  Then on to Manila to drop off crew members from that country.  And to drop off other crew who can arrange air home from Manila.

• Like 1

According to the BBC (he said, to deflect any criticism for inaccuracy :classic_wink:).................... 

today (monday) Pacific Princess disembarks her passengers in LA , MSC Magnifica disembarks hers in Marseilles, and Costa Deliziosa disembarks most of hers in Barcelona before dropping her last passengers in Genoa, presumably on tuesday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52350262

After that there'll not be a single cruise passenger on the ocean.

Unless anyone knows differently ?

Edited by John Bull

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

JB, I was just about to post the BBC link but you got in first!

:classic_tongue: 

Babs, you're addressing a lad who is so so so so so so so so so very very very very bored. :classic_biggrin:

Stay safe and sane.

I'm staying safe. :classic_wink: 

Edited by John Bull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Bull said:

:classic_tongue: 

Babs, you're addressing a lad who is so so so so so so so so so very very very very bored. :classic_biggrin:

Stay safe and sane.

I'm staying safe. :classic_wink: 

Not the only one who is bored, and would rather be "aboard" a cruise ship.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, John Bull said:

After that there'll not be a single cruise passenger on the ocean.

Unless anyone knows differently ?

Incredible.  Who would have ever thought.   Likewise, it is crazy to think that there is no one in a restaurant, bar or any place else folks normally congregate --  at least that is how it is here where I am.   

When I see pictures of empty streets I think of the film 'On The Beach'.  Of course in that case the world's population was wiped out following a nuclear war, but plenty of people are calling this fight ' a war'.  The only niggle I had with an otherwise excellent film and book was that there were no survivors at all.  What happened to underground bunkers where the rich and famous would have hidden?

22 minutes ago, babs135 said:

What happened to underground bunkers where the rich and famous would have hidden?

I saw a documentary about those underground bunkers and despite all the money people pay the building of it never seems to be completed😋 I got the sense it was more scam than reality. Those crazy preppers with their huge storage of two minute noodles have a better chance of survival.