Booking Flights Direct With Cruise Line

I'm just a new member of this forum.  I'm interested in booking our flights for our next cruise Feb-Mar

2021 directly with the cruise company, Holland America.  Is Flight Ease as offered by HA a good deal?

They MIGHT be a good deal, they also not. The only way to tell is doing the research...compare what you can get the fares for, and what the cruise line offers. Also consider convenience of the flight times...people focus only on fares, but not always on times or connecting issues.

Due to Covid, things are in tremendous flux right now. What the airfare do over the next 4-6 months as cruise lines and airlines try to get people traveling again may result in lots of volatility, both in fares, and schedules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would hold off on any international flight purchases.  Domestic as well.  As Bruce mentioned, there is tremendous flux right now.  Airlines are parking planes wherever they can find appropriate space -- AA has announced that it will cut 90% of its international capacity, and between 70% and 80% of domestic. DL and UA are in a similar situation.  Cathay has grounded almost their entire fleet, as has Singapore.  What will actually come back is quite unknown.

In addition, pricing is a true wild card.  Will they keep a lowered capacity and raise prices for those who have to fly?  Will they return capacity and offer cheap pricing to fill seats?  What routes will get what kind of service?

Your best answer might come here.

Magic Eight Ball smaller.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The advice of CruiserBruce and FlyerTalker is advice you need to heed.

Personally, I have been able to get much better air fare and the exact itinerary and airlines that I want for international travel by booking air with HAL.  Particularly, when I want to book Business Class.  (Sometimes, one has to keep trying if one's original request is denied.  And, then, 24-48 hours later:  lo and behold:  it is available!)  For domestic flights:  usually I am able to find satisfactory air fare, itinerary, and my preferred airline on my own.  HAL's price is often more.

Research, research, and research some more (as you wash, re-wash your hands!).

• Thanks 1