Congratulations to fantastic Azamara

Thameside

Arrived home yesterday after AZAMARA PURSUIT prolonged cruise. What a fantastic job Capt Carl Smith and his wonderful crew did in a somewhat adverse situation, they worked very hard looking after us and very kept very motivated by their Captain. Also many thanks to Azamara and RCC for taking us to Miami and then chartering a flight to London for guests in that part of the world to get home. They could not have done more and deserve nothing but praise for their action. I will not go into all the problems that we encountered but suffice to say that South America is now off my wish list of places to visit, especially Chile, who after indicating that we could disembark there and booking flights home, changed their mind and refused us docking or disembarkation. One very grateful passenger, thank you again.

• Like 12

I agree with every word you’ve posted!  We are so very grateful to Captain Carl, the incredible, hard-working crew, and the corporate side of Azamara for our wonderful cruise, our journey home, and everything else they did for us in very difficult circumstances. ❤️❤️

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 4

I agree wholeheartedly!   Until this cruise, we had not been on Azamara for quite some time, but the way we were treated during this difficult time was stellar, and I would sail with Captain Carl with confidence anywhere in the world.   However, as much as I would like to see more of Chile, I don’t expect I ever will, because they did their best to make a bad situation so much harder.  

Our next Azamara cruise is this fall and I look forward to another great experience.   A heartfelt thank you to Azamara’s officers, staff and crew who worked terribly hard to ensure we stayed healthy, happy and safe.   And fat, unfortunately.   🤓

• Like 7

We had the same situation on Quest and kudos to that crew also.  Kept us up to date and did what they could to make us whole.

However, I do not harbor any bad feelings for the countries that prevented our entry:  Madagascar, Sri Lanka, India and the UAE.  They were only acting in the interest of protecting their own citizens.  And looking at what happened with Eclipse 2 days ago in San Diego where a COVID-19 passenger and around 2500 possibly exposed pax on that sailing were disembarked with no notification, maybe not a crazy idea after all.

• Like 4