Marella Cancellations

6 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Simon Calder wrote this on Twitter -

Tui's new, tough refund policy:

Britain's biggest travel firm wants customers whose trips are cancelled to lend it money for a year or more.

To get an actual refund you must:

1 Accept a voucher (takes four weeks minimum)

2 Phone and ask for your money back

Simon Calder nails it - TUI finding yet another way to bodyswerve refunding clients timeously.

Del Boy and Arthur Daly would be impressed.

They've changed their mind and you can call for a refund without waiting on your credit refund mail

• If you’re unable to accept a refund credit you can apply for a refund; due to the volume of holidays impacted, we’re asking you not to contact us until you receive your refund credit so we can continue helping customers in date order. However, if you do need to request your refund before this you can do so using the details below. Please be aware that our call centre teams are incredibly busy, so call waiting times are considerably longer than usual. You can call 0203 451 2868 between 9am and 7pm from Monday to Friday.

Did try that number all day Friday mostly it was very busy with please call back then I actually got connected with the repeated message about how good Tui are but after 52 mins informed they are busy please call again disconnected, looking like a credit card enquiry. 😒

Came across this article published on Fri 24th April which advises that the Competition and Markets Authority have been flooded with complaints over holiday refunds and will next week set out measures to tackle concerns about refunds and cancellations in the travel industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/24/uk-watchdog-complaints-holiday-refunds-competition-markets-authority

The CMA full report is here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/protecting-consumers-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-update-on-the-work-of-the-cmas-taskforce/protecting-consumers-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-update-on-the-work-of-the-cmas-taskforce

2 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

If it says within 28 days thats what it should be ie you should receive your voucher before the 28 days are up🙄 hopefully!!!

Mine is 38 days and counting.

Hi PC 

Hope all is well with everyone.

I hope so too.  I have a cruise booked for June 2021 from Florida and am due to pay the second part of the deposit next month. 

I've just done a dummy booking and it looks like there is still lots of space, so I think my best plan is to cancel it and lose the £125 already paid and then re-book once I get the credit through and also using the (up to) 20% booking incentive.

7 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I hope so too.  I have a cruise booked for June 2021 from Florida and am due to pay the second part of the deposit next month. 

I've just done a dummy booking and it looks like there is still lots of space, so I think my best plan is to cancel it and lose the £125 already paid and then re-book once I get the credit through and also using the (up to) 20% booking incentive.

Hi also have the cruise booked  B/B in June 2021 from Florida, the price has already gone down £350  i wonder how much it will carry on and tumble .

How long is the up to 20%  incentive valid for?

Also if you use your refund credit towards another cruise/holiday which is then subsequently cancelled do you get issues with yet another refund credit?

What i,m reading online theres also seems to be a bit of dubiety regards to whether a future holiday using the refund credit is ATOL protected

Cant find an edit button

Found the answer to my first question

Like you SS,we also have a b/b cruise booked 2021 from Florida which has dropped a £200 .Been tracking and will continue to track the price and if drops significantly will cancel and lose deposit then rebook

Yeah lovetoholiday I read that in their T&C but “Which”are not so sure

Abta claims the ‘refund credit notes’ it has advised members to issue are financially protected by Atol. That’s the government scheme which guarantees package holiday customers get their money back if the firm goes bust between the holiday being booked and taking place. However, the CAA, which operates the Atol scheme, wouldn’t confirm to Which? that these ‘refund credit notes’ were financially protected. That could mean that customers who accept one from their holiday provider may not get their money back if the provider subsequently goes bust.

“Which “are actually advising not to accept a credit refund until the CAA confirms they are protected by ATOL

Should add if you use refund credit against a new holiday its ATOL protected

Edited by Jim The Scot

I have never cancelled a holiday that I have booked so am unsure how it normally works. 

On this year's cruise there is a button that says 'cancel cruise' but on next year's there is nothing like that. 

Is the option only there for this year (June) because of the situation now? 

Is there not normally a way to cancel online?

Does this mean I will need to phone them to cancel next year's and wait in a queue for hours?

Nothing is ever easy these days is it....

Update:-

HOW DO I KNOW IF MY TRAVEL PLANS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED?

If your holiday falls into one of the below categories, due to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s advice against all but essential travel, your holiday will no longer be able to go ahead as planned.

• TUI holidays travelling on or before 11 June 2020

• Marella Cruises sailings on or before 30 June 2020

• TUI River Cruises sailings travelling up until and including 25 November 2020

All other holidays are continuing to operate as planned and will be continuously reviewed.

So much for contacting people in order of their cruise date; mine was for 5th June still waiting for email.

I see 'lovetoholiday' who booked for 20th June has received an email, but I did book through a TA, may be that the answer😐

Edited by Essex_uk

Cause you booked through a TA may well be the reason you havent received an email.Like you,we booked through a TA and cruise date would have been 19th May and haven,t received an email from Marella/TUI.....We,ve not received an email from our TA either mind you 😅

23 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Just had an email from TUI cancelling our June 20th cruise. A refund credit will be issued within 28 days of the departure date.

Do you think this means 28 days before that date or within 28 days after that date?

The 'within 28 days' is from the actual departure date of the cancelled cruise, not the day you received the cancellation notification (from what I have read ), so would be up to some date in June.

Also, be careful if cancelling a holiday/cruise (check the T&C to be safe). If you booked with Tui 'low deposit scheme', you may have only paid a small amount of the 'actual' deposit so far, but the FULL deposit is charged if you cancel -  a few people have been caught out by this.

eg. Low deposit £125, but full actual deposit £400 per person

Edited by howmuch!